Chili

Samir aka JudoSamir aka Judo The Grass-Fed Beast
edited February 2013 in Recipes
This is not the most BP chili you can have in the world however it's going to be alright to mix it up once in a while. Recipe Converted. This is amazingly tasty even if you're not BP. Make whole recipe, it's even better the next day.

Chili(serves 6)

Ingredients

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2 lbs ground beef

2 chorizo sausages (remove skin, most have soybean oil in it)

4 slices of bacon

1 and 3/4 cup bell pepper slices (multi color if you want)

1 onion, diced

8 cloves of garlic crushed

14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes

16 oz jar of salsa of choice

1 8-oz can of tomato paste

1 tsp cumin

2/3 tsp cayenne pepper

2/3 tsp paprika

Himalayan Salt[/font]

[font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]1. [/font][font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]Place bacon and crushed garlic in pot [/font][font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]over medium-low heat until both bacon and garlic are fragrant (approximately 4-5 minutes).[/font]

[font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]2. [/font][font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]Add in ground beef and stir frequently to brown on all sides.[/font]

[font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]3. [/font][font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]Add in onion, bell pepper, and chorizo. Mix in and simmer for 4-5 minutes.[/font]

[font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]4. [/font][font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]Add in salsa, diced tomatoes and spices, salt as preferred. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.[/font]

[font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]5. [/font][font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]Add in tomato paste, and mix thoroughly. Simmer an additional 5 minutes uncovered.[/font]

[font=Enriqueta, georgia, serif]6. Enjoy.[/font]
Be your own best friend instead of your own worst enemy. You are the only person who will always truly be there for you.
Tagged:

Comments

• Samir aka JudoSamir aka Judo The Grass-Fed Beast
    Lmao yes, i know its dangerous. But its mainly a yellow on the diet graph meal. And yes its delicious.
    Be your own best friend instead of your own worst enemy. You are the only person who will always truly be there for you.
    I didnt have the easiest time digesting this, burping alot. I will make this once every few months. Removed the bp part of the title lol. Im very honest.
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful
    Mate, you're not going to get a BP chili... full stop... however, I can tweak the recipe for you so it's gone from red to a delicious yellow, full of saturated fats and is velvety on the tongue, but not burny on the bum. And to make it slightly greener - it actually tastes good on kale!

But right now, it's bed time in Sydney, so screw you guys, I'm going to sleep. I'll update it tomorrow for you.

Peace out, bitches image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

No sorcery, just science. 

Thanks dude, much appreciated!
  • 'Aaron wrote:

Mate, you're not going to get a BP chili... full stop... however, I can tweak the recipe for you so it's gone from red to a delicious yellow, full of saturated fats and is velvety on the tongue, but not burny on the bum. And to make it slightly greener - it actually tastes good on kale!

But right now, it's bed time in Sydney, so screw you guys, I'm going to sleep. I'll update it tomorrow for you.

Peace out, bitches image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Looking forward to it. Boom!
    Ok, you've got a few different ways to make a chili, zero of them are BP but we can slowly slide it back to our direction (yet still heavily in the yellow!). I'll highlight other ways to make it too, that are more delicious but less BP.

Make the BP guacamole to go with this too - use some of the coriander/cilantro in that too.

Shopping List:

2lb / 1kg ground beef.

Leeks (enough to sub for 2 med brown onions)

2 cans of diced tomatoes

2 large carrots

2 large stalks of celery

2 cinnamon quills

1 block Lindt 85% / Upgraded cocoa powder

1 bunch of fresh coriander/cilantro

Paprika

Cumin

Allspice

Cayenne powder

NON BP additions:

1 head of garlic

2 med brown onions (no leeks then)

2-5 Jalapenos, depending how hot you like it.

2 big red bell peppers

What you should already have:

Grass-fed butter (how do you feed grass to butter?)

Ghee

apple cider vinegar

pink rock salt

Mise-en-place:

Finely slice the leeks, or roughly chop the onions.

Smash up 3-6 cloves of garlic.

Dice your carrots & celery (and bell peppers if you have them)

Slice the jalapenos to a medium thickness.

Roughly chop half of the coriander.

Mix up 2T paprika, 1T cumin & 0.5-1t cayenne, depending on how hot you like it and put it into one small bowl. (Big T = Tablespoon, little t = teaspoon)

Put 2T of butter into another small bowl... then add in 1T of your spice mix and mix it thoroughly. You should have 1 bowl with dry mix and 1 bowl with dry mix.

Set aside 2 squares of Lindt + 2 cinnamon quills.

Method:

(Not BP first step)

Brown all your meat in small batches, then set aside. Feel free to skip this step to make it more BP.

Saute your leeks (or onions) on med-low in ghee, adding in a pinch of salt and allspice with them. Maybe 0.5t.

As they're starting to lighten in colour, add in your mirepoix (garlic, carrots, celery, bell peppers).

Once they're becoming cooked, add in your bowl of dry spice mix (not the butter mix!).

Stir everything around quickly, to coat all your vegetables. As it becomes fragrant (you'll know when!) pour in your cans of diced tomato. Bring this to a simmer and add in your ground beef and the cinnamon quills. Another two pinches of salt.

I like to let this slow cook for about an hour. Not very bulletproof. The meat should be cooked within 15 minutes. Stir it around every 5 minutes anyway.

10 minutes before you pull the batch off the stove, it's time to check for flavour. Does it need another pinch of salt? If it doesn't taste salty, add one and see how that improves the flavour. If it tastes like it's just missing something, it could also be the vinegar. Like the salt, the trick is not to make it taste like vinegar - just to add a little acid to enhance the flavour, so slowly add it one cap at a time. Stirring and tasting between each addition. 2-3 caps should still be fairly undetectable.

Once the flavour is right, give it another 5 minutes to check it again.

Now add in the butter spice mix, the chocolate and the coriander. This will make it velvety. Stir it through, let it work for 5 minutes, then take it off the heat.

Add your guacamole on top of this and hook in, son!

You can get a little decadent and make some sweet potato fries and pour this on top too.... but I shouldn't be giving you bad ideas image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• My take on chili is: if you have good Mexican chili powder, 1 tbsp of red chili pepper seeds, salt, 2 cups of chopped banana peppers, tomatoes, salt, 2 lbs ground beef and any vegetables you want it's close enough to chili and mostly bulletproof.  It's the 'big flavours' that make the chili.

A serious chili purist would argue that a real 'bowl of red' is nothing but chunks of beef and chilies.

• My take on chili is: if you have good Mexican chili powder, 1 tbsp of red chili pepper seeds, salt, 2 cups of chopped banana peppers, tomatoes, salt, 2 lbs ground beef and any vegetables you want it's close enough to chili and mostly bulletproof.  It's the 'big flavours' that make the chili.

A serious chili purist would argue that a real 'bowl of red' is nothing but chunks of beef and chilies.

Sounds like you're on the verge of an all green chili recipe.  Let's have it!

Don't support chili recipes on the bulletproof forums, they're just not going to happen. Chillies and tomatoes are nightshades.

In saying that, personally, it's god damn delicious! Make sure you load it up with sour cream, guacamole and CHEESE!!

• Don't support chili recipes on the bulletproof forums, they're just not going to happen. Chillies and tomatoes are nightshades.

In saying that, personally, it's god damn delicious! Make sure you load it up with sour cream, guacamole and CHEESE!!

mmmm perhaps the mysterious bp nacho cheese.

• Some awesome ideas in this thread!

Probably not the best place to be when I'm fasting.......

Jake

My Fitness and Nutrition Blog: http://JJStrength.com