Poached Eggs And Sweet Potato Hash

Samir aka JudoSamir aka Judo The Grass-Fed Beast
edited May 2015 in Recipes
Hello everyone, this is sweet potato hash browns with poached eggs and avacado on top. This is pretty BP for a carb day, hope you enjoy like I did.

Ingredients (Serves 2)
  • 1-2 Sweet potatoes
  • 3 strips of bacon
  • 1/2 tsp coconut oil
  • 4 poached eggs
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 tbsp chives chopped
  • Himalayan pink salt as preferred
  • MCT Oil (for egg and avocado topping)
  • Apple cider vinegar (for poaching your eggs)
  • Lime (optional)​
Directions
  • Peel and use a julienne peeler or a food processor to cut the sweet potato in shreds like hash browns. I say 2 sweet potatoes because if you use one it is hard to julienne peel the entire thing without hurting yourself. So use 2 potatoes, get as much off it as you can and save the centers for another meal.
  • Cook bacon on low in a medium saucepan as desired. Remove bacon from pan and chop as desired. Leave grease in pan.
  • Place coconut oil in pan on top of bacon grease (because I like coconut oil and you need just a little more grease)
  • Add sweet potato hash to pan and cook until potatoes are semi soft (Al dente if you will)(stir constantly to stop potatoes from sticking to pan)
  • Add chives, salt and bacon to sweet potatoes and cook until soft, still stirring often.
  • Poach Eggs if you don't know how I will provide you with a youtube link here: http://youtu.be/UMiCy8EH1go?t=13s
  • Add hash to plate, place poached eggs on top and slice up half an avocado for yourself.
  • Drizzle MCT oil on top of eggs and avocado and sprinkle salt and squeeze lime on top of both as well.
  • Enjoy :)
Be your own best friend instead of your own worst enemy. You are the only person who will always truly be there for you.

Comments