Quick Fasted (Resistance) Training Q's And Supplements
Hey all, I first want to thank everyone for all the input I have received through my other three posts, I appreciate it! My questions are about fasted state training, and how I can optimize it, as this has been a slight grey area in my growing amount of knowledge recently. Quick questions would be:
1) I typically do a BBS style resistance workout, as many times a week as I can physically and mentally handle (which happens to be 2-3x depending on stress, diet, sleep, and how much CT I get in); I'm going to cancel my gym membership, because, well their a scam. I plan on getting more weight plates and/or a barbell (only have dumbells), and a 54lb kettlebell. Do you think it would be possible to do one of the 4-Hour Body routines fasted, or BBS, or maybe a slight combination of both? I'm thinking kettlebell swings to failure, immediately followed by pull-ups to failure, immediately followed by squats to failure with dumbbells or a barbell, and a couple more exercises.
2) Do i NEED BCAA's before doing fasted training? I know Martin Berkhan recommends them, but I read an article (I will find it and post the link asap) from another fasting 'guru' who thinks that the amount of amino acids catabolized through truly fasted resistance training are miniscule to the physiological benefits you receive.
3) I know UCAN SuperStarch is used by Peter Attia because it doesn't break ketosis, could I possibly use that prior to fasted training without breaking the fast since insulin won't rise? Especially because resistance exercise diminishes insulin anyhow
4) I am going through all the podcasts and articles here and annotating them, creating a word file, and putting them in a journal (as I've been recently doing with every book/blog I read); Podcast #1 Andrew spoke about using Super Plasma Bovine throughout the day, does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth it, it's not even too expensive?
5) What place would grass-fed collagen and/or paleo pemmican have in my training routine? As in, how would I time my consumption and at what dose?
6) Lastly, can someone please give me a decent description of what the differences are, and what kind of whey I should purchase between Upgraded Whey (or an organic non-denatured grass-fed whey), or hydrolized whey (often advocated by Kiefer)? What about Micellar Casein?
Here is the link to the site/provider of Super Plasma and other supplements: http://proteinfactory.com/shop/high-quality-protein/ ; as you all can see as well, grass-fed (I believe it is) Whey is cheap here - I just don't know how it would stack up against Upgraded Whey
Thanks in advance for any input!
Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability. - Marcus Aurelius