Shipping Cost For Upgraded Coffee

Anyone know why the upgraded coffee is so costly to ship to Canada? I was looking to buy my first 3/4 lb bag tonight, but the shipping to get it into Canada costs more than the coffee itself - over $20!!

I understand that quality coffee costs more and that is understandable, but why $20 to ship to Canada? Is that just customs fees? I really want to try this upgraded coffee, but the price is hard to swallow right now.

TeeKay

Comments

• I agree! I've tried the coffee and LOVE it, but do not like paying so much for shipping. Dave, please help us Canadians out!
  • I found that in the US, shipping is the same no matter what or how much you buy. To reduce shipping costs ($12 per order) I buy multiple items. So, I'll buy a couple MCT oils and upgraded chocolate. That spreads shipping over a few items. That's my bulletproof shipping hack
  • I'm in Toronto, Canada. Any other Canucks in T.O. interested in pooling costs on an order? I'm interested in trying the upgraded coffee, but want to find a way to cut down the costs.

Here's what I note

1 small bag-

2 small bags- $33 USD ($16.50/bag)

3 Small bags- $36.31 ($12.10/bag)

4 Small bags- $39.09 ($10/bag)

5 Small bags- $39.09 ($8/bag)

10 Small bags- $55.53 ($5.50/bag)
  • Hello broken fang.

I'm in Toronto too and would like to get some coffee.
  • Excellent. I'd ideally like to have a few more people on board if possible. Anyone else out there? (We'll give it a day or two before starting planning...)
  • I live in Richmond Hill, so if that's close enough to you, I'd like to join in on the group shipment, too.
  • i also live in the gta and would like to join the group shipment.

i know this is in the wrong forum but i was wondering if any toronto people have any reccomendations for grass fed beef? i found a few farms locally but was wondering if anyone has tried any. thanks
  • edited October 2012
    You should search canadian coffee suppliers for an alternate bean. Do some google searches and study up on mycotoxin free beans and the best areas to get them from.

Or maybe someone with some motivation and money to spend could be the first Canadian Rep. for this product.

Could be lucrative...
  • edited October 2012
    @kdb2

I recently found a place in Hamilton close to African lion safari. It's called fairchild farms.

But I still haven't been able to find grass fed butter.
  • I live in Vaughan and would love to get in the group shipping.
  • I'm in for coffee to . Anyone know where to find the grass fed butter too? Maybe we can order online as well
  • @BrokenFang When did you want to place a order? Also where do you live?GTA? Toronto?

I'm in Toronto and am getting grass fed butter soon.

Let me know
  • AWESOME! Amazing that there's so many of us around the GTA! Personally, I'm in Aurora, but commute to the downtown core (Union stn) on weekdays.

Marco, how are you finding Grass fed butter? I've had no luck so far within the GTA at all...

I would like to order soon. Here's how I'd do it- decide what you want, contact me at brown_robin (a t) hot mail dot com. I'm only looking to do the small bags of coffee this time. (Less risk) Before I order, we'll figure out individually how I'll be getting the coffee to you (and of course how you pay me back for it). That all needs to be sorted before I order. There will be no markup over the order billing, shipping and any excise taxes, etc will be divided evenly by #of bags. (i.e. if shipment is 8 bags and you ask for 1 bag, you're responsible for 1/8 of shipping costs) So far, I count five people in addition to myself. Sound good?
  • @brokenfang

Are the price you listed above for the 3/4 lbs bag including shipping?

Thanks

Marco
  • Hello All! I live north of the city but i dont have a problem making the trip for some upgraded coffee count me in!
  • 'Leo wrote:

I found that in the US, shipping is the same no matter what or how much you buy. To reduce shipping costs ($12 per order) I buy multiple items. So, I'll buy a couple MCT oils and upgraded chocolate. That spreads shipping over a few items. That's my bulletproof shipping hack

Me too: And I buy the larger size coffee.

• Thank you marco, that's awesome- exactly what I needed. I'm in Aurora, so that's not too far for me!
  • edited October 2012

@brokenfang

Are the price you listed above for the 3/4 lbs bag including shipping?

Thanks

Marco

Above all I had listed was the shipping prices, divided over however many bags. Therefore if the group order was a total of 5 (for example) small bags @$;USD 18.95 per bag, it would work out to $26.95USD/bag with shipping. ($18.95 plus $8/bag shipping). Were it 10 bags in the order, shipping would break down to $5.50/bag, so total (18.95+5.50) $24.45 USD/bag. Etc.

(The general point is to avoid ordering 1 bag at $26.95 shipping! That would be $45.90 USD for one 12 oz bag of coffee! You'd think Starbucks was cheap!))
  • Does anyone know of a good place to get wild salmon at a good price in the GTA? I can only find it for $12+ per pound.

I know this is a thread about shipping costs for upgraded coffee, but we have seen to off before.
  • leo in san tan . trader joes carries the kerry gold unsalted butter.
  • I hear Broken fangs idea, but there has to be A BETTER WAYYYYY!!!!!!!! image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

• I hear Broken fangs idea, but there has to be A BETTER WAYYYYY!!!!!!!! image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I wish so too, but the economics of shipping is what it is!
  • Is it too late to get in on the group order for BP coffee? I live in Newmarket.

• you should try natures emporium for coffee, they have single origin look for peru
  • Karoo Ka Koo, Karoo Ka Koo...

We have high jacked this thread.

I to am GTA, Oakville...

1. In order to get grade "A" grass fed butter, you have to join a "Cow Share" program. Then you will have access to Raw milk and Un-pasturized or Raw Grass fed Butter...

- Brookers meats is not selling Un-pasturized Raw as it is illegal to sell in our Province....It may be organic grass fed, but it is not Raw. Unless, he is bending the rules... Look up Micheal Schmidt in the local news...

- Cow shares are all over but a finding a quality, reputable, farm is not so easy... Look into the Weston A Price.org foundation and sniff around there for Pastured Meat, Eggs, Diaries, etc in Ontario...

- I am a member of a share as I buy Raw milk for my baby. I have access to 1 butter and 1 gallon of milk a week as per the arrangments on my share... I've seen is farm, his fields and know what I'm getting...

2. I'm in on a group buy of BP coffee...
  • Duckman, would you care to tell us a little more about the cow share program that you are part of?

Is it possible for some of us to join that program?

Thanks
  • DuckmanDuckman
    edited November 2012
    I would go to http://www.westonapr...cal-chapter#can as it's your best bet to be recommended to a cow share. I dont know where you live, but there are chapter leaders through ON and the one closest to you will recommned the best share in your area.

Just contact the leader, mention your a paleo dude looking for a quailtiy dairy farmer in your area and you're gold!! They'll recommned the best grass fed beef too if you're interested...
  • Thanks Duckman!!

I've herd onnit.com will be selling the coffee and they usually have better shipping options.

I've emailed my area leader for a cow share and hopefully will be drinking BP coffee in no time.

• edited November 2012
    For all those Canadians...here are two amazing options:

phil and sebastian coffee roaster in Calgary is amazing coffee!

and aslo drumroaster coffee is supposed to be good.

We buy different kinds of phil and sebastian each week and it is always impressive.

Help me get my blog up and running...check it out for recipes and info

http://adventuresintheuncommon.wordpress.com