Hot Soup?

I re-listened to Dave's presentation this afternoon (so interesting; couldn't take enough notes), and was reminded that temperature is very important in BP eating.  Does this include soups?  

I was going to make some chicken soup, using bones and fat as stock, using all the meat and add some vegetables.  I am hoping that the cooking of the soup ok because I am not frying, sautéing or grilling.  Or is ALL high temperature cooking considered out?

Just wondering.

Comments

• Dave has a few recipes for blended veggie soups in his cookbook PDF.  He always has you add the fat after the cooking regardless of what you're making.  I use bacon fat instead of the coconut oil when I make the broccoli leek.  Is wonderful. 

• Remove the fat, it is dead now.

I wasn't removing the fat, only heating it a bit.  LOTS of fat in the broth.  But I guess you are saying if it is heated, the "fat is dead" ?  ummmm.... ok I guess....

• edited February 2013

sorry, I'll be more specific, when making a broth or a long simmer soup that has bones or meat in it, that fat has become heavily oxidized and is not something you want to consume, so use paper towel and soak up all the fat at the top or chill it and scoop the hardened fat out, now if you want you can add new fat that you can just melt in and mix in then eat, probably best to add to each portion as needed so it's not continuously going through a heating cycle.

ahhhh - Thanks Jason.  This is all still new to me.  Thanks for your time and explanation.
  • Do you love and know how to cook? Even if you don’t know how, I want to give you an excellent soup recipe.

How To Add Rice To Chicken Soup
    The recipe on this page is quite simple and you will be satisfied.

• @killyousweetie said:
    Do you love and know how to cook? Even if you don’t know how, I want to give you an excellent soup recipe.

How To Add Rice To Chicken Soup
    The recipe on this page is quite simple and you will be satisfied.

I love hot soup.