Hempforce

I was under the impression that hemp protein and hemp overall was very good for you, nutritious  and high in protein.  And I thought David said the same in one of his podcast.  But I believe I am wrong.   David says its no good, is that including his mates (Joe Rogan) hempforce

?

Comments

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

Yes.  Inferior to grass-fed milk derived concentrate.

• edited March 2013

Extract off the Joe Rogan show:

"DA: And the protein in there is really high in IGG, it’s great protein. It’s a bit high in Omega-6 fats if it’s all you’re going to eat. But certainly if you eat some of it, it’s fine. But if you get some of that protein, in fact I would say it is the best plant source protein that I know of, for any of the plant source proteins."

Off the Bulletproof site in response to a question about hemp:

"If you’re eating the hemp seeds, you’re consuming far too much omega-6.  They’re over 45% polyunsaturated fat.  

Hemp protein isn’t very high in nutrients or growth factors, and it doesn’t boost glutathione like undenatured whey protein.

It’s expensive, and it doesn’t even taste very good.

It’s usually used for animal feed, and there’s absolutely no benefit from consuming it.

Hemp is a waste of money."

So if I have understood this, it is low in nutrients, but high in protein according to David.  And too much is not good.

The following link sheds some light on hemp as well, but does say it has some benefits, but also states it should only compliment a diet and not be a main part of a diet

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/hemp-primal/#axzz2NELKZBiC

• TJ JTJ J skratta pa klocka
    Yea, I think Dave was being courteous and not going to be a rude guest by talking down onnit. He was also stating facts about hemp being the best plant protein. Hemp force is an optimal protein source for vegans but not bulletproof.
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Yea, I think Dave was being courteous and not going to be a rude guest by talking down onnit. He was also stating facts about hemp being the best plant protein. Hemp force is an optimal protein source for vegans but not bulletproof.

That's what's crap about 'Guest' Experts on shows. They can't tell you what they really think and have to sugar coat stuff. Seems like Dave's was saying Hemp is a good food to eat, but he doesn't think or believe it. It's misled unless you have time to research it yourself. 99% of people don't!

Should have told Rogan not to mention his products if he didn't think they are any good and if Rogan didn't mention it before hand, then he should get the truth, whether it's benefical for his company or not. Unusually poor effort by both Rogan and Asprey. Expect more from both and normally get it.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

I don't see anything wrong with that exchange.  It is the best plant based protein.  It is high in omega-6.  He didn't say it was the BEST protein and I don't think he was misleading.  On the website he promotes bulletproof principles so in the terms whats bulletproof he has to be much more critical of things.  Outside of his recommendations on being bulletproof he has to consider the full spectrum of things and the truth is that hempforce is a high quality protein compared to most of the other stuff out there.

• tjohejtjohej
    edited May 2015

Do anyone else have some insight into this? I eat a lot of hemp protein, mainly because I find you get so bad breath when consuming whey protein. It almost seem to "rot" in the belly (try not cleaning out a shake with the stuff and sniff it a day later after it has been closed..)

I have not tried the Bulletproof whey though, but I am always a little sceptical when someone is critical against a "competitor" product in the same field as they are themself selling (the bulletproof whey protein).

Why would to much omega 6 be bad btw?

• mistamista
    edited May 2015

Lately I've been looking at mineral ratios in my diet.  Hemp protein seems particularly high in phosphorus and low in calcium:

L5ijm7I.png