Need Simple Easy Recipes

projectearthprojectearth Contributor

Ive been on this diet for a while and all I eat is steamed vegetables(bok choy,brocolli, califlower, cilantro) add butter with salt and low cook beef and add butter with salt and butter with salt on more steamed vegetables...

I am a college student with no experience in cooking at all. I tried to make chocolate with bulletproof chocolate,vanilla,stevia, some girls recipe on here and it tasted like crap. I am getting tired of eating the same foods.

I have searched someone for recepies on here but anyone know fast easy stuff you can make seems like everything takes forever.

Enjoy the journey

Comments

• edited February 2013

Buy the Upgraded Chef book. It has 12 recipes that are bulletproof and is only $9.95 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Chef-Recipes-Supercharge-ebook/dp/B0099W9UN8

• mmejoannammejoanna ✭✭
    edited February 2013

Maybe try this? I've had it twice for breakfast, very tasty, easy, and filling. Remember - don't fry the bacon, bake it at 200 degrees... I sprinkled a touch of sea salt on the avocado:

• Samir aka JudoSamir aka Judo The Grass-Fed Beast
    edited March 2013

The difference between try and triumph is a little umph. ~Author Unknown

You're so close to putting just a little more effort into your effort. Start searching paleo recipes for whatever it is you want to enjoy, then use your BP knowledge to upgrade them. Hopefully it's just your knowledge of variety that is holding you back instead of laziness. You are a BULLETPROOF BEAST.

Watch cooking videos and experiment, YOU HAVE TO PUT THE WORK IN. Much love.

Be your own best friend instead of your own worst enemy. You are the only person who will always truly be there for you.
  • My easy go-to is soup. Brown up some grass fed ground beef, add your favorite veggies, some leeks, a little garlic, veggie broth and pink Himalayan salt to taste. If you have any favorite herbs, throw those in too. Simmer until veggies are soft and serve. Easy peasy. :)
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Before you learn to cook bulletproof, you should learn to cook properly. You should develop a love for it and how easy it can be. It was daunting when I first started as a bachelor, just moved out of home, missing my mothers gourmet meals. Unfortunately for me, Tim Ferriss' The 4-Hour Chef wasn't released then.... Fortunately for you, it's available now that you want to learn how to cook.

It's a great read and most of the meals are his "slow carb" which are a fair match for the bulletproof diet. Using certain oils, methods or ingredients in the book aren't bulletproof, but they're a great start. If slow carb is your introduction to cooking meals, then you're far ahead of most people when they learn to cook. 

Get the book, read it, and then if you've got any more questions, just hit me up.

Right now, I'd stick with making hamburger patties/meat loaves with different spices in them. It's easy to do and easy to get different variations. I just sectioned off three different loads of ground beef into the freezer, each premixed with different spices to pull out and thaw ready to cook when I'm hungry.

Mexican (the least BP): paprika, cumin, cayenne & pink salt.

Thai: coriander, ginger, cayenne & salt.

Curry: turmeric, garam masala, ginger, cinnamon & salt.

Mix them all very well and then put them into a plastic bag (I vacuum seal them) and stick them in the freezer.

No sorcery, just science. 

• projectearthprojectearth Contributor

Hey guys thanks for the feed back. Such a supportive community, this forum is really starting to grow on me. 

Thanks mike, and smisteph, I bought the upgraded chef book and read it. Its a good read ill have to go back and look at the recipes, ill admit even those are hard for me.

Thank you Mmejoanna, I actually bought some avacados today and bacon. going to try some in the morning. quick question I bought bacon that was organic no nitrates or nitrites. it was vegetable fed...dont they eat everything..what type of bacon should i buy?

Judo thank you for your support and definitely gave me some motivation to stay BULLETPROOF!

Aaron Lorch im going to do that as soon as possible. Thanks for the tip... so thats who tim ferris is llol

Enjoy the journey

• Maybe try this? I've had it twice for breakfast, very tasty, easy, and filling. Remember - don't fry the bacon, bake it at 200 degrees... I sprinkled a touch of sea salt on the avocado:

About how long do you cook it?

• I get the "Sunday Bacon" from Applegate... I'm not sure of what requirements to look for in bacon, but a few people in these forums eat it, and it's organic, so I'm convinced it's a good one.

I put it in the oven at about 225 for about an hour. I flip them at 30 minutes.

The "Sunday Bacon" is cut pretty thin, if you get a fatter cut it will be longer.... Also, keep the excess fat! Pour it in a jar and keep it in the fridge for later.  You can use it for different things like adding flavor and fat to soup or making bacon-fat-mayo.

Anytime. That's what we're all here for. 

• Hi Aaron

Could you please provide the ratios of spices(ie 1TBSP,1/4 tsp etc) in your pre-spiced ground beef.Excellent idea.

Cheers

Bruce

I can't. I do it to taste and "feel."

As a rough guide that I am currently making up on the spot... 

Start with 500g/1lb of ground beef.

Mexican: 2T paprika, 1T cumin, 0.5T cayenne, 0.5T pink salt.

Thai: 2T coriander, 0.5T ginger, 0.5T cayenne, 0.5T pink salt.

Curry: 2T turmeric, 1T garam masala, 0.5T ginger, 0.5T pink salt, 0.5t cinnamon.

(T = tablespoon, t = teaspoon... heaped or not, just keep it uniform). 

If you wanted, you could make up a mirepoix like in Upgraded Chef (see the meat loaf section) to add into the mix with some eggs.... mix it all together, then freeze it in vacuum sealed bags. It's cheap, yet requires a bit of prep but if you make an afternoon of it working in bulk, your next month will be EASY! 

• I think it's best to not use recipes too much.  Look at things you like and get creative and use the 'big' tastes involved.  For example I love Mediterranean pizza but it's not because of the cheese or the bread it's the sundried tomatoes and olives.  So I make a casserole with no bread, no cheese and ample vegetables that are low taste like zucchini, green peppers, etc.  Whatever is on hand for vegetables, the point is there are enough olives and sundried tomatoes that I get my 'fix' for the taste of the Mediterranean pizza.  

Another example is cabbage rolls.  Cauliflower is similar in texture, colour, and kind of tasteless.  So I substitute it in my lazy mans cabbage rolls.  To make this cook the ground beef or pork and season it.  Remove the stems and cut the cabbage to small bits and steam it.  Fill a pot with cauliflower separated into small flowerettes and the cooked meat and cabbage.  Season with cayanne and salt (garlic and onions if you are allowing it).  Then enjoy.

• Grass fed ground beef kale wrap burgers cooked in coconut oil have saved me over and over. Easy to do on the stove and you can throw in chopped onions, garlic into the the raw meat mix it then cook it up = heaven.

• Samir aka JudoSamir aka Judo The Grass-Fed Beast
    edited March 2013
    Joeld123 & Nerdstalker lets see some detailed Ingredient/recipe instructions!
    Be your own best friend instead of your own worst enemy. You are the only person who will always truly be there for you.