Joe Rogan Is A God

Comments

• David RDavid R
    edited March 2013

This just came from Joe Rogan's twitter feed.  i love constantly re-affirming beliefs I have about the US government:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=658850514142037&l=5db4ff9008

http://www.openminds.tv/hillary-clintons-et-book-discovered/

• Greer was very interesting but for about 1/3 of the podcast he sounded like a crazy person. I'm interested in seeing the movie on April 22nd and if it will be streaming online. Rogan seemed to think he was full of shit sometimes as well.

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Holy fucking shit. I just finished the podcast this morning. Too true, Jason. 

I mean, I try to call myself a scientist but some of that shit was well beyond anything I knew about. Some of his answers were very quick too, like when Joe mentioned about lightning that comes from the ground. Straight away, he jumped to "yeah, that's just a piezo-electric effect, there needs to be a lot of quartz." I just thought "you motherfucker, you have got EVERY scientific explanation covered."   

I haven't stopped thinking about it. I hit up an old uni friend of mine last night, he's a PhD in astrophysics, to get him to listen to it. He'll report back soon. He had a LOT of good points too.... we're driving to work with technology circa 1900. Why do we believe that this is where it stopped?

It's a lot to wrap your head around... I'll just have to wait for the movie to come out.

No sorcery, just science. 

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.
    edited March 2013
    My career and life revolve around high energy physics and the engineering related to it. He wasn't wrong in what he said but he clearly lacked knowledge in certain areas. The part where he talked about what kind of specialized equipment it would take to build up the lab that was able to create the zero point energy device was rather difficult to hear. You could tell he had no idea how to answer that question but didn't want that to be known.

I didn't listen to the whole thing and tuned a lot of it out. I'm also waiting for the movie but I've already seen all the footage of the high ranking government officials and military officials talking about their UFO experiences. That is nothing new. The piezoelectric effect explanation is pretty reasonable. Piezoelectric effect is not a complicated concept if you know a thing or two about electric fields, polarization, and crystal structures.

From a modern physics point of view many of the things on the joe show are really painful for me to listen to, hah

I've done a lot of, what I like to call, guerilla psychology training. Cold reading, NLP, "magic" tricks, for some examples and all sorts of other cool shit. I guess on this board, we'd call it psych-hacking. I used to do a bit of technical sales and it helped tremendously - broke a sales record in the second month when they didn't expect me to make any sales in the first six months. Sales just isn't my bag though, didn't enjoy the challenge, so I'm back in technical.

What it meant was, that I can pick up on certain cues from watching someone speak (I didn't see the video, only heard it, so it's obviously more difficult to determine), to tell if they're bullshitting. All of our speech and body language gives information about what's going on underneath the surface.

I could hear a lot of him holding back information, and not saying certain things. You need to be careful of when you analyse that though... The subconscious mind is great at filling in blanks for you, so when someone displays that they're accessing the creative part of their brain, it doesn't necessarily mean they're lying - they just might not know and their subconscious is filling in the blanks for them. Making assumptions like "oh, he's lying" will kill the process.

What that means, in Greer's case, is: yes, he's not saying something. 

What is not clear is: why? 

I couldn't conclusively say that he didn't know how to answer the question. There was certainly a thought process involved before he didn't answer. Why? That's next to impossible to tell. I could hear when he mentioned certain things about the lab, and normal power supplies 110v etc, he did it like he's explained it before (he used the reference / factual part of his brain)... and the rest about what he requires in the new lab he definitely didn't want to say. Interestingly enough, the $6mil figure also came from the factual part of his brain too. This is what had me swinging towards believing him. It means he's already run the numbers on it.

I'm still on the fence... but I'm more in his favour than against.

Well I am pretty familiar with zero point energy, its definitely real and the notions have been around for a long time - I am also familiar with the efforts to extract energy from this concept.  I know what kind of lab and equipment it would take.  He said something about normally equipment running on 110 V but the stuff needed would be in the 10,000 V range....yes this is true but most of the stuff is powered by 110 or some other industrial voltage standard - its not powered by 10,000 V it puts out those voltages at very low currents (low power).  It was pretty obvious to me that he didn't want to sound like he had no understanding on the subject so he just tried to regurgitate something he heard about it in the past.

Yeah, that's what I've got NO idea about at all. Fucking fascinating shit.

So, Mark, how would you harness zero point energy?

Good question.  There are a lot of interesting concepts being developed "in the open".  Most of them are a long ways out but there is definitely grant money to be had in the area.  There has been for quite awhile.

One interesting point I thought of during the podcast is that "our" government (US government) is hiding the existence of ETs from us...

Well why the hell is it just the US government that knows about ETs?  Wouldn't some opposing super power like China or Russia more than likely also have knowledge of such things and be less inclined to withhold the information from the public?  And probably motivated to come forth with the evidence, in the face of the US government?  Thats a part that does not make sense to me.  It just seems so ego centric to think that only the US would know about this stuff.

I feel like his movie is going to be right on par with this one: http://www.thrivemovement.com/the_movie

• TJ JTJ J skratta pa klocka

the foxes are guarding the damn hen house

Did you guys hear David Lee Roth say that sumo wrestlers basically intermittent fast everyday?

• Regarding the Dr. Greer podcast, I am buying most of it.  The fact that someone is 

Holy fucking shit. I just finished the podcast this morning. Too true, Jason. 

I mean, I try to call myself a scientist but some of that shit was well beyond anything I knew about. Some of his answers were very quick too, like when Joe mentioned about lightning that comes from the ground. Straight away, he jumped to "yeah, that's just a piezo-electric effect, there needs to be a lot of quartz." I just thought "you motherfucker, you have got EVERY scientific explanation covered."   

I haven't stopped thinking about it. I hit up an old uni friend of mine last night, he's a PhD in astrophysics, to get him to listen to it. He'll report back soon. He had a LOT of good points too.... we're driving to work with technology circa 1900. Why do we believe that this is where it stopped?

It's a lot to wrap your head around... I'll just have to wait for the movie to come out.

Very well put Aaron.  I am buying most of what Dr. Greer said.

• FLMAO!...You guys are all awesome...and I'm guessing fell JRE Podcast listeners.....Nice to see JRE is growing and GROWING....DUNCAN TRUSSELL needs to blow up now (like Rogan)... Man, the works needs his unique mind too!

http://www.empowernetwork.com/aaronmichael/blog/duncan-trussell-a-most-interesting-guy/?id=aaronmichael

• I've done a lot of, what I like to call, guerilla psychology training. Cold reading, NLP, "magic" tricks, for some examples and all sorts of other cool shit. I guess on this board, we'd call it psych-hacking. I used to do a bit of technical sales and it helped tremendously - broke a sales record in the second month when they didn't expect me to make any sales in the first six months. Sales just isn't my bag though, didn't enjoy the challenge, so I'm back in technical.

What it meant was, that I can pick up on certain cues from watching someone speak (I didn't see the video, only heard it, so it's obviously more difficult to determine), to tell if they're bullshitting. All of our speech and body language gives information about what's going on underneath the surface.

I could hear a lot of him holding back information, and not saying certain things. You need to be careful of when you analyse that though... The subconscious mind is great at filling in blanks for you, so when someone displays that they're accessing the creative part of their brain, it doesn't necessarily mean they're lying - they just might not know and their subconscious is filling in the blanks for them. Making assumptions like "oh, he's lying" will kill the process.

What that means, in Greer's case, is: yes, he's not saying something. 

What is not clear is: why? 

I couldn't conclusively say that he didn't know how to answer the question. There was certainly a thought process involved before he didn't answer. Why? That's next to impossible to tell. I could hear when he mentioned certain things about the lab, and normal power supplies 110v etc, he did it like he's explained it before (he used the reference / factual part of his brain)... and the rest about what he requires in the new lab he definitely didn't want to say. Interestingly enough, the $6mil figure also came from the factual part of his brain too. This is what had me swinging towards believing him. It means he's already run the numbers on it.

I'm still on the fence... but I'm more in his favour than against.

AGREED!!!  Hey man, thank you for posting this!!

....Nice to see JRE is growing and GROWING....DUNCAN TRUSSELL needs to blow up now (like Rogan)... Man, the works needs his unique mind too!

http://www.empowernetwork.com/aaronmichael/blog/duncan-trussell-a-most-interesting-guy/?id=aaronmichael

edited April 2013

DT doesn't want to blow up like Joe...they are completely different celebrity status' I wonder why Duncan doesn't have a stand up special though.  His podcast openings are so polished.

• I find it very hard to listen to all JRE but when I see someone like Joey motherfucking Diaz and Shane Smith I have to listen asap.  Funny thing is that I tried to get my wife to listen to one of the best of Diaz ones on youtube, she did not find it amusing at all.  Could it be that Diaz is like Stooges and only men find him funny?

Fuck you and your Ranch dressing!  With wings it's gotta be blue cheese cocksucker!