Safest Method For Nootropics And Piracetam Availability

edited February 2013 in Cognitive Performance

After doing some reading I think I've selected a good bunch of supplements to add to my diet. Piracetam is one. The problem is that I can't find where to buy it. Does anyone know of a place that sells it in the US? And what's a trusty brand? I read a little bit about Piracetam being banned by the FDA. Is that correct?

Other Nootropics/supplements I'm taking:

Spirulina

Maca (some people here don't like it but I do)

Artichoke Extract

Froskohlii

L-Theanine

Fish Oil

D3

Thinking about taking:

Piracetam

Choline

Aniracetam

Modafinil

Activated Charcoal (temporarily)

Creatine

At first glance does everything look safe and effective? From what I've read everything is in order on their own, but are some of these combinations bad?

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭

Dave sells Aniracetam. I'd pick it over piracetam due to a bit more consistent dosing. Modafinil might have some questions about its safety. Creatine - do it. The rest up to you, really.

But I'd cover the basics first if I were you (Mg, I+Se, K2, etc).

• Definitely go with suntouchers basic stack (he has a guide linked in his sig.) After getting my diet as close to bulletproof as I could consistently manage, I went for that basic stack and then worked up to adding the choline/aniracetam. Even before choline/aniracetam you'll start to feel pretty great. The basic stack is just getting your body what it needs and craves, the steps above are exactly that, above and beyond what you need to push yourself and your capabilities.

• edited February 2013

I'll definitely look into the basic stack. As for aniracetam and piracetam; is it safe to take both at a time? I'll get Dave's Upgraded Brain when it ships again, and I'm thinking of getting this piracetam: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/piracetam-700-grams.html

Anybody know if this is a reliable brand? You get 700gs for 50$. Dave's aniracetam is 22.5gs for 25$. The piracetam is a much better investment from what it looks like.

I'll definitely look into the basic stack. As for aniracetam and piracetam; is it safe to take both at a time? I'll get Dave's Upgraded Brain when it ships again, and I'm thinking of getting this piracetam: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/piracetam-700-grams.html

Anybody know if this is a reliable brand? You get 700gs for 50$. Dave's aniracetam is 22.5gs for 25$. The piracetam is a much better investment from what it looks like.

1g piracetam is not equal to 1g of aniracetam. They are different. Look them up. Doesn't sound like you did your research. People have been supplementing with as much as 8g of piracetam per day vs 1.5g of Ani.

• 1g piracetam is not equal to 1g of aniracetam. They are different. Look them up. Doesn't sound like you did your research. People have been supplementing with as much as 8g of piracetam per day vs 1.5g of Ani.

22.5gs of Ani would last only 15 days with that dose. 700gs of Pi would last 87 days with a dose of 8gs a day. 45gs of Ani still would only last 30 days, and 45gs of ani cost 50$, which is the same amount 700gs of Pi cost.

Also, from what I've read, ani has a higher association with panic attacks. I've had enough of those. What I'm mostly concerned with is: is one dose of Pi (8g) safer and more effective than one dose of Ani (1.5g)? Ani is fat soluble, which is one of the only advantages to ani that I've come across besides it being more potent. But there seems to be more history behind Piracetam and it is water soluble. I drink a gallon a day. Im not sure if that makes a difference but I'm just saying.

I plan on doing a lot more research. Hours. But I haven't had the time to do that yet.

I plan on doing a lot more research. Hours. But I haven't had the time to do that yet.

They (as well as the myriad other -racetam forms) have a somewhat different effect. Aniracetam, for example, supposedly helps with focusing and concentration, some forms help more with creativity and so on. Look that up as well. They are not equivalent. Some people don't respond to certain forms as well as to others. I wouldn't plop tons of $ into this without trying them out and seeing which ones works for you.

First time I'm hearing about panic attacks and ani, though. 

• edited February 2013

They (as well as the myriad other -racetam forms) have a somewhat different effect. Aniracetam, for example, supposedly helps with focusing and concentration, some forms help more with creativity and so on. Look that up as well. They are not equivalent. Some people don't respond to certain forms as well as to others. I wouldn't plop tons of $ into this without trying them out and seeing which ones works for you.

First time I'm hearing about panic attacks and ani, though. 

Thanks I'll look into that. I'm not sure which I'd prefer yet, creativity or focus. I do know that I'm looking into the dream enhancements though.

I only read a little bit about the panic attacks. I can't even remember where I found that info. Still it was enough for me to be a little concerned.

• edited February 2013

So after doing a decent amount of research, I think I might go with ani + choline (specifically I think Alpha GPC). 1g of ani a day, not sure about the choline yet. I'll have to calculate that.

I've found a couple of sources on ebay that sell 100gs of ani for 30-40$. Damn good deal.

I think I am going to add mag, iodine+selenium, and activated charcoal to my supplementation and work my way to Creatine and some of the other essential basics.

So after doing a decent amount of research, I think I might go with ani + choline (specifically I think Alpha GPC). 1g of ani a day, not sure about the choline yet. I'll have to calculate that.

I've found a couple of sources on ebay that sell 100gs of ani for 30-40$. Damn good deal.

I think I am going to add mag, iodine+selenium, and activated charcoal to my supplementation and work my way to Creatine and some of the other essential basics.

Good thinking. I'd double check reputability of ebay drug sources, though. Creatine is dirt cheap and safe - you can "just do it."

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

There's a few trustworthy US sellers of Piracetam, Aniracetam, and Pramiracetam out there. It all really depends on if you want it encapsulated or if you want to buy bulk powder. I can warn you though, most of these nootropics taste horrible and are hard to mask.

Some decent vendors of nootropics are Smart Drugs for Thought, Nutrivene, BYOB, Hard Rhino, and Cerebral Health. All of these businesses have been around long enough to get some great reviews, and definitely are still carrying Racetams in stock. I usually order through SDFT, considering they are located in the same state as me, and their prices are very reasonable for being capsuled nootropics.

Also, always try to include Piracetam in your Nootropic stack. Piracetam is the only Racetam that stimulates your Corpus Callosum (the communicative bridge linking the two hemispheres of your brain together). Definitely take Aniracetam however, since it is much more potent than Piracetam, but it also stimulates your AMPA receptors which Piracetam doesn't.

There's a few trustworthy US sellers of Piracetam, Aniracetam, and Pramiracetam out there. It all really depends on if you want it encapsulated or if you want to buy bulk powder. I can warn you though, most of these nootropics taste horrible and are hard to mask.

If price is a concern, capping yourself is very simple too (at dosages of 0.2-1.5g per pill). This actually slashes the price in half or so. Takes about 15 mins to cap 50 pills.

• OceanRayOceanRay
    edited March 2013

Also, always try to include Piracetam in your Nootropic stack. Piracetam is the only Racetam that stimulates your Corpus Callosum (the communicative bridge linking the two hemispheres of your brain together). Definitely take Aniracetam however, since it is much more potent than Piracetam, but it also stimulates your AMPA receptors which Piracetam doesn't.

Would it be a bad idea to mix half-doses of Aniractem and Piracetam ?

• Thanks for the info guys. I ordered my ani from BYOB, so it's good to know that they are trusted. Now I just need to look into Piracetam and capsule machines, then I should be set.

@OceanRay: From what I've read, there is nothing wrong with mixing the two. You can mix full doses if you so desire (I'm going to). I'm no expert though.

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

Half doses? I am guessing you mean taking half of the suggested amount? If you are just starting out it wouldn't be a bad idea at all, at least concerning the Aniracetam. I've heard from a few people that when they started with Aniracetam it made them drowsy at the start so starting at a lower dose isn't a bad idea at all. Mixing the two is perfectly fine, common, and recommended by a lot of people.

Aniracetam and Piracetam both stimulate different receptors that affect memory so using the two together is a grand idea. Regarding the doses it isn't harmful to take either of these, personally I have done around 18g of Piracetam to see how an "attack dose" felt. 

• edited March 2013

Definitely not.   Aniracetam and piracetam are synergistic nootropics.

Aniracetam gives an effect of focus and concentration (be careful not to take too much the first time)

To me the "attack dose" method is a myth and honestly I'm basing this off of personal experiences.

First time taking aniracetam was with a single dose of 2250mg and I fell asleep hahaha.

After this incident, the dose was cut to 750mg.  1 in the morning and 1 in the evening works best along with the original nootropic I started to use.

The first nootropic I used was neuro boost piracetam.  I was sketched by it because it was on ebay, but I can assure it is legit.

The availability is stable, as I have been using piracetam for nearly 15 months now.

Works great with pre work outs (piracetam and aniracetam)

Using the "white flood" pre work out with both racetams and l-theanine.  

Edit: If you are considering piracetam, keep it in moderation.

Do not over take the nootropic because it is not necessary.  

My father has been using piracetam for 4 years and keeps his doses @ 2400mg twice a day and still feels the effects as it was like the first day.

Hmmm choline...  I never cared to try it as I have a well balanced diet which includes plenty of fresh fish and soybean products.

The vitamins I take have choline bitartrate in them (Animal Pak or Opti-Men), so I never gave it a shot.