Post Workout Nutrition

13»

Comments

• stensten
    edited May 2015

What about post workout shake if you do the recomended Body by science workout? So only Whey, no banana :)?

"The most efficient “full body” workout for strength is the Body by Science workout which is designed to change your hormones so that you grow muscles everywhere, as long as you don’t eat sugar and carbs afterwards."

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/my-fat-body-mistakes-vs-my-bulletproof-body-plan/

P.S. So I drink a BP coffee, take creatine and l-carnitine, do a Bodybyscience workout and after a workout I drink 30g of whey. This is optimal?

• In terms carbs post workout, I've been doing one scoop of Vitargo after Body by Science workout. Is that enough carbs? Im a 58-year-old woman - 117 lbs, 5'3, 25% body fat.

• Holy shit, sometimes I'm shocked at how much complete bullshit and misdirection can be stuffed into one statement.

• People continue to mix diets and workouts for opposing goals. Sad
  • I am wondering about how long to wait after taking dextrose post workout before I can amino acid supps and protein/food?  

• edited May 2015

Wouldn't it be beneficial to take the BCAAs with the dextrose?

Then wait 60min and eat food.

• Jason,

Firstly, thank you for all your efforts on the forum.  You are very helpful to so many people.

Secondly, do you follow the 2:1, carb:protein, post-workout recommendations from the bodybuilding world?  When I looked at what you said you did Post W/O, it looked like you had less than the 2:1 ratio. 20g dextrose, to 45g protein, I believe.  Do you get more carbs from food?  Also, do BCAA's and/or glutamine count as protein when figuring out your ratio?

Thirdly, do you see value in supplementing arginine? Beta-alanine and taurine? Citrulline? (As you can probably tell, I've been checking out the bodybuilding sites)

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015

What about post workout shake if you do the recomended Body by science workout? So only Whey, no banana :)?

"The most efficient “full body” workout for strength is the Body by Science workout which is designed to change your hormones so that you grow muscles everywhere, as long as you don’t eat sugar and carbs afterwards."

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/my-fat-body-mistakes-vs-my-bulletproof-body-plan/

P.S. So I drink a BP coffee, take creatine and l-carnitine, do a Bodybyscience workout and after a workout I drink 30g of whey. This is optimal?

Wow. So if I did properly I would have such huge muscles on my forehead that I could tear hats apart by flexing it. Also have toes the size of a forearm... Maybe I should get back to BBS... Sorry for the sarcasm, I'm sure that shortcuts actually work for some people, and I know BBS is very hard, but this is another of those claims...

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• 1) is it correct that BCAA's and essential aminos should be taken only pre-workout? I take both pre-and post workout? Would love your thoughts.

2) should dextrose be taken alone post workout and if so how long should one wait for taking with other supps and/or a meal?
  • Thanks Jason  -This is really helpful! 

I take both BCAA's and an essential amino acid formula - One dose pre workout and one dose post workout. Is there any reason to take both types of aminos or are BCAA's best?

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Probably both if you aren't whey.

If you are what you eat then I am partly whey.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Ive come to really like using:

Pre workout- 5g Creatine and 5g BCAA mixed with Alkaline 9.5 PH water

Post Workout- 5g BCAA, 30-40g Dextrose

Post Post Workout (an hour after post)- 40g Whey protein, 5g Creatine, 5g Glutamine, 20g Dextrose

Then i eat my normal meals, usually lots of Protein and carbs. Save the Fat for rest days...

• Wondering about eating fat later in the day post workout - say after 5/6 hours? Any harm in that? 

• EAA seems better pre workout in studies. The chemistry behind it simply is that they are incomplete, only contains half the amino acids needed in muscle protein, therefor the body need some time to synthezise the missing amino acids before muscle growth can start.

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1

• I thought essential amino's it's more of a complete amino product then BCAA's??

Should one be taking a aminos both pre-and post workout? Confused as to why essential aminos eould be better only pre-work out?
  • Muscle protein consist of 20 amino acids. EAA consist of about 10 of these 20. BCAA are 3 of the EAA. Make sense?

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1

• Yes, just not sure why one would want to take one over the other and the timing of them around a workout. I've been taking both forms both pre-and post workout. There any reason why I would not want to do that or do not need to do that?
  • This is really helpful. Thanks!

I still don't understand why it might be problematic to take the amino's post workout. I usually have no appetite immediately after training, so I thought this would be an optimal thing to do along with dextrose immediately following a workout?
13»