Phthalates In High Fat Dairy?

Hi all,

I posted this yesterday in the "detox" section, but am eager to get more perspectives so thought I would repost here. Really interested to know who might have some insight.

I read an article today on Fast Company about phthalates found in dried spices and high fat dairy http://www.fastcoexist.com/1681471/youre-eating-toxic-chemicals-even-if-you-eat-organic-and-avoid-plastic.

From other articles, I found that the researchers are linking the phthalates to food packaging and processing tools and possibly the feed of the livestock (although I would imagine this would increase phthalates in meat.) 

My concern of course is with regards to butter. I generally purchase KerryGold which I use for making Bulletproof Coffee as well as for cooking. Now I understand that many phthalates are banned in Europe and they are phasing out those which are still legal. Further, it appears that phthalates are already banned from EU food packaging at this time (so presumably the foil packaging would be phthalate-free for KerryGold.) 

Does anyone know about this issue? I would hate to think that the great nutrition I get from KerryGold butter also comes with a hefty does of phthalate exposure. 

Visit my blog The Gluten Minded. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

It seems that this issue is one that is hard to resolve. If you are BP, you are already doing constant things to remove toxins. I wouldn't be worried about it unless you testing yourself and you have a decent amount in your body that is causing some sort of health issue. It's great to learn more about any possible exposure to toxins and find ways to cut them out. Taking something like glutathione will help remove these things. I'm not sure if it's a heavy metal but chlorella and spirulina are great toxin binders and movers.

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected]