Ground Beef - Sweet Potato Lettuce Wraps
Hello everyone, I have a new favorite in my rotation and it's some sweet potato lettuce wraps. Most recipes call for garlic and onion but I'm getting the same effect with a leek.
BP Lettuce Wraps
- 1lb Ground beef
- 1 Leek (chopped very fine)
- 1 Large sweet potato (Chopped fine)
- 1 large head of lettuce
- 1 tbsp BP Cooking fat (I used coconut oil and mct)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1.75 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1/3 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- Avocado (Chopped)
- Cilantro (Chopped Fine)
- 1 Lime sliced in wedges
- Chopped Tomato (optional)
- Olives (optional)â€‹
- Place cooking fat on a pan with low-medium heat and add leeks and sweet potatoes, cover, stirring occasionally and cook for 10 minutes.
- In separate pan add 1/2 inch thick of water and place heat a little over low Add ground beef and spread around to cook evenly. Cover and cook for 10 minutes flipping meat half way through.
- After 10 minutes drain almost all water from ground beef pan and add salt and spices and stir well.
- Then add sweet potato-leek mix to the ground beef, cover and cook on low stirring frequently for 3-5 more minutes or just until meat has barely any pink left.
- With a slotted spoon, place meat mixture on top of rinsed and dried lettuce leaves.
- Add chopped toppings, then squeeze lime on top and enjoy!
- Drizzle MCT oil on top of your meat right before you add toppings and on a side note have napkins around cause it's juicy.
- I chopped my leeks and sweet potato as follows for it to be easy; I sliced the base of my leek off and then the top half of the green. I then sliced the leek into 4. I dropped the leek slices into my Vitamix and chopped it very fine. I then added peeled and sliced sweet potatoes and chopped them until fine. I then used a spatula to take it out of the blender straight onto the pan in step 1.
Be your own best friend instead of your own worst enemy. You are the only person who will always truly be there for you.