My Offspring Has Adhd, And Has Barely Been Diagnosew With Asperger Syndrom, Has Anybody Attempted Th

I am perusing every about thi gluten unhindered eating regimen, and find it odd. Could anybody illustrate the experimental thinking behind it?

Comments

• I'd look at Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride's website.

• I don't know what program you're talking about but I cut out gluten entirely in the AM and started feeding my kid salmon every other morning.  No signs of ADHD whatsoever anymore.  Either the diagnosis was total BS or the diet worked wonders.

• ZenfoodZenfood ɹǝqɯǝɯ pǝɔuɐʌp∀
    edited February 2015

Omega-3, Magnesium (Not magnesium oxide!) and L-Carnitine would be my bet.

Carnitine has some potential interactions with Omega-3 fatty acids and magnesium

• edited April 2015

Can't say much about the gluten unhindered diet. It's not just gluten, but also dairy that you have to eliminate. This is probably one of those things that helps a certain subset of autism patients, and in others with different body chemistry has no effect. As a parent you're stuck with the difficult task of "experimenting" on your child to find out what works.

On a related note, there's an interesting new study highlighting yet another benefit of eating broccoli and other cruciferous veggies, this one specific to individuals on the autism spectrum. (Can you imagine how healthy this country would be if the government subsidized broccoli instead of corn?)

http://www.pnas.org/content/111/43/15550.abstract

Sulforaphane is available as a supplement. I don't know if it's better absorbed as a supplement or from the source veggie. Broccoli sprouts are loaded with the stuff, but it's harder to get kids to eat them than it is to get them eating broccoli. You might be able to hide the sprouts in other things that they eat, the same way people hide a pet's medicine in a treat.

Note, though, that cooking broccoli until it's soggy will destroy the sulforapahne! Steam it for about 2 minutes or microwave for about 1 min.

Never boil broccoli. It's still good for you, but it loses it's super nutrients when boiled.

Good luck and keep fighting for your child!