Kerrygold Unsalted Butter Not Available In My Area.

Hey guys, 

I'm from Dublin, Ireland. I've been wanting to try this Bulletproof coffee but I can't seem to find Kerrygold Unsalted butter in my area. All they seem to have is the golden one (Normal). I've seen Avonmore Unsalted butter but I'm not sure if Dave will be happy with it as I don't know if it is grass fed or not.Yet again I've no idea what coffee is best to buy as well. Would someone care to help me in my predicament?

Cheers,

Sam George

Comments

• edited March 2013

Look for another grass-fed butter :) Or use the salted one.

http://www.azeliaskitchen.net/blog/we-have-great-butter/

• I use Anchor butter for the same reason, I think it's from New Zealand.
  • hzahza ✭✭

Anchor is definitely from NZ, and from everything I've found in researching it--including here at the Bulletproof forums--reliably grass-fed.

• Alright so I'll have a look around for Anchor. If I don't get it is the normal Kerrygold butter alright for bulletproof coffee?

• Alright so I'll have a look around for Anchor. If I don't get it is the normal Kerrygold butter alright for bulletproof coffee?

If you are a freak that likes salted coffee. ;)
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
  • Do not eat Anchor butter. It is no longer from New Zealand and is definitely not grass fed anymore - a new factory has taken it over!!!

I am currently using Yeo Valley butter as i can't find Kerrygold unsalted in the UK yet, and I am not even sure if Kerrygold is better than YV anyway. I asked Kerrygold if they could tell me the percentage of grass used in the cows diet and they didn't reply, so I am guessing the answer isn't going to be good news.

• I use Smjor Icelandic Butter, Not sure if you can get it in Dublin though.

• http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/fmcg/fresh/dairy/arla-moves-anchor-butter-production-to-the-uk/232185.article Here is the article on Anchor.

Does anyone know how they make Butter softer? Does this effect the nutritional aspects in any way? Kerrygold says it's now softer... how do they do this?

Ohh and I forgot to say hello... I am new lol.

:) HELLO

• To be honest I've never tried salted butter with coffee so I didn't know it was gonna be bitter as you said. We do have Avonmore unsalted butter, would that do the job? A would Nescafe coffee powder be alright for the coffee?

• What about President butter from France? anyone know if its grass fed butter?

• edited March 2013

Do not eat Anchor butter. It is no longer from New Zealand and is definitely not grass fed anymore - a new factory has taken it over!!!

I am currently using Yeo Valley butter as i can't find Kerrygold unsalted in the UK yet, and I am not even sure if Kerrygold is better than YV anyway. I asked Kerrygold if they could tell me the percentage of grass used in the cows diet and they didn't reply, so I am guessing the answer isn't going to be good news.

This is confusing, is it possible that there are two different Anchor butter companies?

http://www.anchorbutter.com/ (Fonterra brand)

&

http://www.anchordairy.co.uk/products/anchor-unsalted-butter (Arla foods brand)

I am lost :huh:

• hzahza ✭✭

My Anchor butter states that it's from NZ, and supposedly there are laws there that make the grass-fed thing a sure bet.  Not to mention, this block of butter is a very deep yellow, just like it's supposed to be.  I guess that could be the result of dyes, but it says it's 100% butter.  Plus, it's darker yellow on the outside where the oxygen hits it.

• edited March 2013

Strange... there are two manufacturers of Anchor then. Unfortunately, the stuff here in the UK (at least what I have come across) is from Arla, made in the UK. This is NOT suitable, but the New Zealand Fonterra one is. I wonder if i can find the new zealand stuff online.

• It is whipped with air

Are you sure it's not the one with canola oil added? To make it more spreadable?

• I can't figure out why Dublin, Ireland does not have their OWN butter available??  I just bought 10 bars from Whole Foods here in Milwaukee :-)  

• I just got a reply from the Avonmore group saying that their unsalted butter is grass fed and grain fed. It's a combination of both so would this work?

• I mean is it healthy to have  the combined butter sold by Avonmore or would it result in more fat disposition?

• I just got a reply from the Avonmore group saying that their unsalted butter is grass fed and grain fed. It's a combination of both so would this work?

Yes but best when its grass fed.

No if you are sensitive to mycotoxins

Obviously more nutrients in gf
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
  • I emailed Kerry Group about their unsalted butter. Yes, it's true, they told me that they currently do not sell their Unsalted Butter in the damn country that it's produced! I told them it was terribly frustrating and linked them to a post on this site about how good their butter is!

• haha thats hilarious paddies.

I just found out its sold in Germany in many supermarkets (Lidl for sure)

It's the best butter of the ones I tried, and good value too.

• It both amuses and frustrates me that of all of the places in the world I can't get good quality grass fed butter in Ireland. Especially when one of our own god damn companies produces the best type that there is out there.
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014

Picked up my first ever bars of Unsalted Kerry Gold from Tesco in the UK. Been drink Bulletproof Coffee for over a year, always with salted kerry gold. Time to try it unsalted!

KerryGoldUnsalted_zpsa63e867d.jpg

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• I used salted too.....personally didn't notice much of a difference.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Just been to a large waitrose and they now have it in there! Unfortunately they don't have it at the smaller waitrose I use regularly. I've not notice much difference to be honest, so I'll get either. Seems I"m not fussy ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Hi, I'm also trying hard to find Kerrygold unsalted in Dublin but no joy so far. Did somebody have any luck? Could you please share where do you buy? 

Regards,

Joao

• Hi, I'm also trying hard to find Kerrygold unsalted in Dublin but no joy so far. Did somebody have any luck? Could you please share where do you buy? 

Regards,

Joao

They told me that they don't sell unsalted butter here in Ireland.. I generally use a mixture of unsalted butters... SuperValu, Connacht Gold, Avonmore generally. I know Avonmore isn't 100% grass fed but it suffices. 

• I emailed President and they said this "Thank you for your interest in our products. Cows are mostly grass and no growth hormones are used."

Ive been using President butter for about 4 months, so far so good!

What about President butter from France? anyone know if its grass fed butter?

\m/(>.<)\m/ www.trucke.co.uk - my rockband!! \m/(>.<)\m/

• Hey guys, 

I'm from Dublin, Ireland. I've been wanting to try this Bulletproof coffee but I can't seem to find Kerrygold Unsalted butter in my area. All they seem to have is the golden one (Normal). I've seen Avonmore Unsalted butter but I'm not sure if Dave will be happy with it as I don't know if it is grass fed or not.Yet again I've no idea what coffee is best to buy as well. Would someone care to help me in my predicament?

Cheers,

Sam George

The source of Kerrygold butter sells the butter in Ireland under the "Champion" brand:

http://www.tmc.ie/champion-dairy-products/champion-butter