French-Style Bp Butter Sauce - Boom!

MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Need more butter in yo life? Need it over a perfectly cooked steak? Need to impress the panties off a girl with some french cooking?

Strap yo'self in!

Shopping list:

1 jar of pickled capers - do your bp checks and balances on the ingredients list. 

1 bunch of parsley

1 lemon

Shit you should already have:

grass-fed butter, yo!

pink himalayan rock salt (optional)

A steak that's just come out of the pan

Mise-en-place:

Finely chop up the parsley and garlic.

Slice the lemon into wedges, roughly 1/8 to 1/4 of the lemon each, depending on size. Roughly 1t of juice per wedge.

Method: 

Take that steak out of the low/med-low pan and let it rest for a couple of minutes while you do this.

Throw in your butter - add the desired amount you want to consume according to your diet plan. I go for about 40g per person most nights. Feel free to bump this way up.

Add in 1T (heaped) of the capers, whole. Leave the pickling liquid in the jar, but don't get pedantic about it.

Squeeze in about 1t of lemon juice. 

Simmer for 2-3 minutes. 

Once flavoured with an adequate amount of lemon juice, add in 1T (heaped) of parsley.

Let simmer for another minute and then pour it over your steaks. It's also delicious over salmon and other vegetables, especially asparagus.

Notes:

The lemon juice here is a flavour enhancer, not a flavour. It shouldn't taste like a lemon sauce. After you've added the first wedge, let it simmer for 30sec and taste it. If you think "oh, that's pretty good!" then you're on the mark. Otherwise, add another squeeze and repeat. Don't heat for too long though, you don't want to oxidise any of the fats.

Capers are loaded with anti-oxidants anti-inflammatories too, like rutin and quercetin. They're also quite salty, but I like my salt, so I add some rock salt to the recipe too. This is flavour dependant. 

Praise Odin!

No sorcery, just science. 

Comments

• Solid. I'm going to give this a shot. Previously I was making my own bp herbed butter. I almost typed the recipe for it and realized how stupid that would be.
  • Samir aka JudoSamir aka Judo The Grass-Fed Beast
    Industrial chemist by day, hip hop martha stewart by night! I read this and what I pulled from it is steak with butter and capers, delicously ubiquitous, yo. G dawg!
    Be your own best friend instead of your own worst enemy. You are the only person who will always truly be there for you.
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭

Sounds pretty good!

I wonder if you could use this and add egg yolks to form a sort of hollandaise sauce?

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Of course you could make a hollandaise out of it. A surprising amount of french sauces are BP. I like a variety though and thought I'd share this with everyone :)

I used to do a fair bit of French cooking and now the gf is French too. So it's nice to hear "oh, this is like how Papa made it!" to kinda verify my methods!

Seriously, if you're a single male, hit me up for some easy french recipes to learn. Drop hints on the first date that you like to do a little French cooking and by date 3 (cos date 2 is meant to be the 'fun date' like bowling or teppanyaki, where they throw food at you, as you need to gauge if they can laugh at themselves!) you'll have her ready to try some steak au poivre with asparagus and squashed chats cooked in duck fat. Not BP by any standard, but you'll get laid, son! Especially if you have some french wine too ;)

In fact, I think if you're married then you should learn some french cooking too. Happy wife, happy life!

• edited March 2013

So it's nice to hear "oh, this is like how Papa made it!" to kinda verify my methods!

Just hope you don't hear that in the bedroom. :)

I figure if anyone on here would appreciate that joke, it would be you.
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Just hope you don't hear that in the bedroom. :)

I figure if anyone on here would appreciate that joke, it would be you.

How is it that people have the impression that I'm some sick asshole that would appreciate an incest joke like that?

Nice one ;)

• Age-related vision disorders baby boom- ers and seniors should be ..... Qwik Stop, Kum 'n Go, BP, .... Heritage Ridge is an apartment-style community offering ... Go easy on soy sauce, deep-fried ...... were peanut butter, dried ...

yeah totally! Lol
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]