Podcast Guest Suggestions

StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
edited August 2013 in Bulletproof Executive Radio

I thought a thread on podcast guest interview suggestions would be interesting, to see who everyone might suggest.

Here's a few off the top of my head:

- The Bulletproof intern (why not interview him? He seems to have done well being so young)

- Tim Ferriss

- Seth Roberts

- Joe Rogan

- Aubrey De Grey

- Alan Watkins (from complete-coherence.com)

- Tom Naughton (from Fat Head documentary)

- Eric Schlosser

- Joanna Blythman

- Robert Kenner

Tagged:

Comments

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Keith Jardine, yo! He's been on the BP diet!

I'm keen to see how he's been going since the UFC dropped him and he's recovering BP stylez!

• Keith Jardine, yo! He's been on the BP diet!

I'm keen to see how he's been going since the UFC dropped him and he's recovering BP stylez!

===============

The Dean of Mean always looked like a casting agents dream devil...but he is a nice guy from what I've seen.  :D 

• I think Daniel Vitalis would be a great guest. Those two guys could have a really amazing conversation.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Mark Sisson is another that just sprang to mind.

• I'd love to hear an all QandA episode with Chris Kresser

Jack Kruse

Daniel Vitalis

Thomas Cowan

Sally Fallon

Danny Roddy from Hair Like a Fox fame would be a great guest.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013

I think the MMA/UFC fighters that are sponsored by Bulletproof Exec would be interesting. Dave mentions them, but not by name, quite a bit.

Is there a list of people who are sponsored somewhere?

They should be easy to get them on :wink:

• Dr. Daniel Amen, the brain doctor. 

• I'd like to hear dave tear into Mike Dolce. I know he wouldn't, but still like to hear it ;-)

Maybe just an angry voicemail recording?

Tim Ferriss is still my number one choice. He had a new tv show to promote, he might be doing the podcast rounds :-D
  • how about Stan McCarthy?

• - the Dalai Lama

- Swiss guy who just climbed Annapurna solo

- Dave's wife and kids

• I think the creators of the Tellspec would be interesting guests.  I wager they have an interesting story.  Would like to see the device in the bulletproof store one day.

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

That banana guy

• Isn't the banana guy gonna be on the Ben Greenfield podcast soon?

• I would love to hear someone clever refute all that banana bozo's claims.  But I don't think he's stupid enough to get on a podcast with Dave unless it's neutral ground.  Ideal would be Rogan gets them both on to debate it.  

Dave's psychologist!

• I would like to see Daniel Vitalis too.  What if Dave got on spring water?

• George Howell -  crazy coffee expert:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50145831n&tag=api

• I'd like to hear dave tear into Mike Dolce. I know he wouldn't, but still like to hear it :wink:

I still listen to the Mike Dolce show on iTunes just to see what he is going to say. He contradicts himself a lot and he also said that he was going to get Dave Asprey on his podcast and that it was in the planning stages. I guess he realized that it would be a bad move in terms of marketing his diet because of the massive differences between them. 

• I'd like to see Greg Pomerantz back on the show to talk about his high-carb experiment. apparently, he went high-carb for a long time, maybe still is, and according to his blood panels, he doesn't get blood sugar spikes, and his lipid and stress levels are great.
  • Jack Kruse called Dave out on some podcast saying that he can explain why everything Dave does has worked, where Dave can't.  Seems like a good premise for a podcast episode.

• edited October 2013

I would love to hear Shawn Achor on the show talking about his book The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work. I feel that there are so many people out there who could benefit from applying positive psychology a bit more consciously in their lives. I also feel that having a positive mindset is an extremely bulletproof characteristic to have.

See his TED Talk here: http://www.ted.com/talks/shawn_achor_the_happy_secret_to_better_work.html

And some bio: http://goodthinkinc.com/speakers/shawn-achor/

"Shawn Achor is the winner of over a dozen distinguished teaching awards at Harvard University, where he delivered lectures on positive psychology in the most popular class at Harvard. Shawn has become one of the world’s leading experts on the connection between happiness and success. His research on happiness made the cover of Harvard Business Review, his TED talk is one of the most popular all time with over 4 million views, and his lecture airing on PBS has been seen by millions. Shawn teaches for the Advanced Management Program at Wharton Business School, and collaborates on research with Yale and Columbia University.

In 2007, Shawn founded GoodThinkInc to share his research with the world. Subsequently, Shawn has lectured or researched in more than 50 countries, speaking to CEOs in China, school children in South Africa, doctors in Dubai, and farmers in Zimbabwe. He has spoken to the Royal Family in Abu Dhabi, doctors at St. Jude Children’s Hospital, and worked with the U.S. Department of Health to promote happiness. In 2012, Shawn helped lead the Everyday Matters campaign with the National MS Society and Genzyme to show how happiness remains a choice for those struggling with a chronic illness.

Shawn graduated magna cum laude from Harvard and earned a Masters degree from Harvard Divinity School in Christian and Buddhist ethics. For seven years, Shawn also served as an Officer of Harvard, living in Harvard Yard and counseling students through the stresses of their first year. Though he now travels extensively for his work, Shawn continues to conduct original psychology research on happiness and organizational achievement in collaboration with Yale University and the Institute for Applied Positive Research."

• edited October 2013

I would like to hear David Wolfe on his new Hops extract, chocolate production and benefits, and perhaps his Ormus research like his Ormus Gold product, maybe zapping and nanobacteria as well.

They would have a lot to talk about for sure.  They don't have to go into the whole raw food thing if they don't want too.  David Wolfe also has an extraordinary approach to life and learning that can be discussed as well.

• Evan BrandEvan Brand Writer and Explorer

I would like to hear Evan Brand on the show to talk about his extravagant research and experimentation with adaptogenic herbs and nootropics for inducing happiness, pleasure, anxiety-relief etc..hell he's been on my podcast and most of his guests have too!

:geek:

I would like to hear Evan Brand on the show to talk about his extravagant research and experimentation with adaptogenic herbs and nootropics for inducing happiness, pleasure, anxiety-relief etc..hell he's been on my podcast and most of his guests have too!

:geek:

=====

This is a great thread for you to get new guests as well! ;-)

Dave should get me on the podcast. No shit.
  • This Airo health tracker looks like it could either be a gamechanger or an empty promise. An interview with Dave could help us figure out which:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/28/airo-wristband/

• How about Ray Kronise? 

I'd also like to hear Jack Kruse.  I listened to him on a couple of other podcasts (Ben Greenfield & Live to 110) and I can't tell whether he's a genius or a bozo.