Podcast Guest Suggestions

Comments

• I'd like to recommend Dave interview Skye St. John on his podcast. Finding her book (No Fail Fat Burning For Women) was the ONLY reason I started along the Bulletproof path. The BP lifestyle was very intimidating to me at first but Skye's approach made it safe and clear and the fact that she tweaks it specifically for women is very unique.

• I love these podcasts...some of the best info ever...very grateful to have it all sought out and aggregated like this.

One guest I would love to see is Tod Carmichael from http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/dangerous-grounds

Great show...really interesting...and obviously relevant as he is a major coffee guy. If there is anyone out there that cares about quality coffee as much as Dave it's this cat. I've seen him personally check processing sites...so would be curious how his requirements match up with Dave's re mold prevention.

I loved the Tim Ferriss podcast and would listen to as many of them as you could possibly get him on for.

David Wolfe and Sherry Rogers M.D. are two more....oh and Charles Poliquin for sure.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Lifestyle Designer, SEO Alchemist, Entrepreneur

• Jo Robinson  = She recently published "Eating on the Wild Side: The Missing Link to Optimum Health"

Excellent book. Lots of new insights about what has happened to our produce and what can we do to obtain the best, most nutritious fruits and vegetables. For example, she explains how to find the most nutritious garlic, how to best prepare it to make it more bioavailable and nutritious and how to store it.

• Brian Wallace

of endorfin chocolate,

just listened to his podcast "alchemy of cacao" on psychedelic salon.. worth a listen.

would love to hear the bulletproof interview of this guy :)

• edited November 2014

Would like to hear interview with Laurel Mellin.

• Dr Gabor Mate : author, columnist, addictions councillor

Brilliant man out of the box thinking for solutions to a massive global problem

Adam Scorgie: documentarian, writer. "the Union: the business of getting high" and  "the Culture High"

Recently listened to a podcast of this dude after watching his most recent film... features Gabor in this film.

Both are intelligent and passionate about there beliefs and whether you agree 100% with their views or not there are numerous facts shared and flaws pointed out.

PS same subject  check out "Food of the Gods" by Terrance McKenna... Unaccepted scientific views but a thought provoking read

perhaps Dave you could do a DMT trip and interview Terrance on another plane LOL

• Morley Robbins, the Magnesium Man. Magnesium, for as essential as it, does not get near enough the attention it deserves. Mr Robbins also has a lot of knowledge and insight into how magnesium deficiency plays out that isn't immediately available in other sources. I wish he would write a book.

Nadine Artemis. She lives in Canada, so it could be an 'in studio' episode.

Nick Lane. He writes books and articles about the primordial evolution of life.

Selected threads from the BP forum (Use your own signature to highlight threads that you think are important or significant)

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Thirteen likes is still not enough to get me on.

Who wants to hear me on BPE radio?

If not I would love to hear Dave and Paul Jaminet.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• Would love John Brisson , the guy has incredible knowledge and a lot of advice in his book fix your gut (which i finished today) helped me a tonne and got rid of my chronic acne problem.   Him and Dante need to make their own show. 

Watch my Stand Up Comedy Video online :)

Please Subscribe to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQI92eERrCc

Would love John Brisson , the guy has incredible knowledge and a lot of advice in his book fix your gut (which i finished today) helped me a tonne and got rid of my chronic acne problem.   Him and Dante need to make their own show. 

It wouldn't last very long. Dante would go overboard all the time with the biohacking and I would be like "I can't let you do that Dante (Home Improvement reference)."

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

• I would love to hear Datis Kharrazian. I would also love if Dave could talk a little bit less about his products/mycotoxins. Maybe do an advertisement at the beginning and end but I feel like he could go more into science with people. It just seems like there are a lot of the same talking points in every episode. Obviously it's good for new people to hear but as someone who listens to every episode it's just repetitive/old news. I find myself enjoying Robb Wolf, Chris Kresser, Body IO, and Ben Greenfield for that reason. But I still listen to Bulletpoof Radio because there are definitely some gold nuggets.

• lav2klav2k Comic Creator
    edited March 2015

Canadian musician and author David Usher would be a fantastic guest for BPR. He recently released a book titled Let the Elephants Run which tackles 'hacking creativity'. It's a great read with lots of insight.

http://www.davidusher.com/let-the-elephants-run

[twitter]davidusher[/twitter]

• James Colquhoun & Laurentine ten Bosch who created Food Matters TV . They are Australian advocates of real food and makers of the documentary "Hungry for Change." 

• Dr. Lana Asprey! 

How does she modify her diet to stay lean and healthy?

What did she do to get fit after the kids were born?

Beauty routines, etc.

• Please get Dr. Justin Marchegiani back on the podcast. He's very knowledgeable about gut issues -- like parasites, food allergies, SIBO, leaky gut, probiotics, prebiotics, etc.

In the last interview, you guys focused primarily on injury prevention.

I suggest everyone give this a listen.

• Mat Lalonde

• is he related to larry lalonde? guitarist for primus?

If i had to guess i would say, probably not ;)
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

Are the transcripts still uploaded? Can I find a link to them? I'm trying to listen to the meditation one but I would prefer reading it. It's probably a rare thing but I don't like listening to speech. Some folder for these transcripts would be awesome. 

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Would love a comprehensive podcast on hacking surgeries! Please!

• you know what would make for a REALLY interesting BP radio show?

get this lady on the BP radio show and actually debate the points she talks about: http://www.scibabe.com/bullshitproof/

ben greenfield just had her on his podcast and actually didn't totally cave and agree with her on everything: http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2015/07/is-the-food-babe-full-of-shit/

• I doubt he would go for it.  He feels like people take shots at Bulletproof just to increase their SEO rank and he does not like to acknowledge them.

• yeah. maybe this is where the fix your gut stream can step in... not that i wanna see anybody at each others' throats or anything but i think its interesting hearing different sides of things, especially things that are controversial. it seems like dave's usual strategy is to deny that there even is controversy, and sometimes i wonder, is that strategy "bulletproof" or just a cop out? maybe warranted most of the time, but all the time? i don't know. maybe this self-proclaimed science babe (which honestly, is about as douchey as dave's sales tactics) has some interesting research/studies to point to or some insight into why some of the studies that have convinced us to change our behavior are flawed that none of us have heard about and vice versa. the ideas of an intelligent mind being challenged and potentially changed, i find that pretty interesting and exciting. maybe not the best commercial for your supplement/gourmet food company, but informative and eye-opening. and really, no consensus has to be reached, but i think that the more people realize that there's still a lot for everyone to learn the better. i mean, isn't one of the premises of the bulletproof diet that it will be updated as more research and ideas come along? there was like a v.1.0, v. 2.0, or is that a thing of the past and bulletproof is now The Diet that all science and human history has been preparing for, for the rest of eternity? 

i mean, most of us, if not all of us, are not experts in nutrition necessarily, we're experimenting with ourselves and maybe finding clues from people who have put more time/energy/resources into research and experimentation and making the best guesses we can and seeing what kind of results we get. and, just like religion/politics/life in general, i think the more you question your assumptions the more you learn and the better you can fine tune things.

another guy i was thinking would be a great podcast guest is Paul Nobles, that guy seems to have a lot of experience with having to help athletes overcome some of the dogma that comes with paleo-ish eating and specifically bulletproof.  

• right, a lot of her logic is obviously flawed, but then there are things that i really don't know anything about that i'd be curious to hear both sides on. like she argues against the whole "grains are as addictive as opiates" thing that dave says all the time, i'm pretty sure both of them know more than i do, and i think it would be an interesting thing to hear them present their reasoning to each other like adults instead of douchey name-calling. if i dismissed all the ideas of a person because i didn't agree with one of them, i'd never listen to what anybody had to say.  jason and john might be better candidates for something like this than dave though.

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Edit 2: Never mind. They're not. Food Babe is bangable, while SciBabe looks like a tranny.

Hasn't SciBabe posted enough crappy material that you can just insult her writing? 

edited July 2015

SciBabe is going at everyone's neck

She's not a good speaker and completely misrepresents the BP Diet ("Hey, guys, there's this diet called the Bulletproof Diet that tries to reduce toxins by giving you coffee with -- get this -- butter in it." *rolls eyes while nervously laughing to herself*). She doesn't realize that the coffee part is optional and that the crux of the diet is the roadmap, which actually does aim to reduce inflammation and toxins. I'd like to see her address that part.

She has a fantastic jawline, though. Would make Schwarzenegger jealous.  

Love that she is drinking a diet coke during the speech.

We are trying to get her on the steam. I hope we do it will be a good one I promise.

• Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015

Yeah, I invited her on.  We shall see.  I am not sure I would do it if I were her.  It is a lot of risk with no real reward.  I tried to sell it to her like, "opposition makes people think and conflict is an important part of education."

• Haha, awesome! You guys kick ass.

I noticed mark Sisson has had a couple blog posts listing studies in favor of paleo nutrition lately, maybe to address this lady's argument that it is "pseudoscience". I listened to Ben greenfield's podcast with her and he does a sort of decent job of respectfully disagreeing with her but kind of changes the subject before much back and forth dialogue happens.

She really seems pretty ridiculous, she accuses all of these people of posting click bait but her whole schtick seems to be click bait. She claims to only attack people when there is a scientific consensus that what they are saying is bullshit but fails to provide any solid arguments to back up the name calling, let alone consensus.

That said, I think she has become a bit of a voice for these so-called "skeptics" that ironically seem to think any questioning of established norms is pseudoscience, and some really interesting dialogue could happen if she doesn't resort to name calling or as Dave says "that can't be because it's impossible!".