Podcast Guest Suggestions

12346»

Comments

• Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015

Yeah, I invited her on.  We shall see.  I am not sure I would do it if I were her.  It is a lot of risk with no real reward.  I tried to sell it to her like, "opposition makes people think and conflict is an important part of education."

• Haha, awesome! You guys kick ass.

I noticed mark Sisson has had a couple blog posts listing studies in favor of paleo nutrition lately, maybe to address this lady's argument that it is "pseudoscience". I listened to Ben greenfield's podcast with her and he does a sort of decent job of respectfully disagreeing with her but kind of changes the subject before much back and forth dialogue happens.

She really seems pretty ridiculous, she accuses all of these people of posting click bait but her whole schtick seems to be click bait. She claims to only attack people when there is a scientific consensus that what they are saying is bullshit but fails to provide any solid arguments to back up the name calling, let alone consensus.

That said, I think she has become a bit of a voice for these so-called "skeptics" that ironically seem to think any questioning of established norms is pseudoscience, and some really interesting dialogue could happen if she doesn't resort to name calling or as Dave says "that can't be because it's impossible!".
  • I spent a few hours listening to some of her interviews, and I read a few of her articles.  She is very critical of anything that is not medical/pharma/conglomerate agricultural and makes some good points.  There is a lot of bad advice and bogus products on the market.  She did the vegan thing for a while, and got burned by it, so now she is cynical and throws the baby out with the bath water.  SciBabe does respect the peer-reviewed literature and she will admit when she is wrong - which is hard to do.  I hope she accepts my invitation.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

I spent a few hours listening to some of her interviews, and I read a few of her articles.  She is very critical of anything that is not medical/pharma/conglomerate agricultural and makes some good points.  There is a lot of bad advice and bogus products on the market.  She did the vegan thing for a while, and got burned by it, so now she is cynical and throws the baby out with the bath water.  SciBabe does respect the peer-reviewed literature and she will admit when she is wrong - which is hard to do.  I hope she accepts my invitation.

She is wrong about diet coke yet she refuses to admit she is wrong.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• I reached out to SciBabe and did not get a response.  After looking at her site, it does not look like she is active anymore.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Ok, after reading the SciBabe's Facebook I got depressed. Most people think I should be locked up for my knowledge. Most people think that every supplement in the known universe is bull and medicine is key. One guy was like we used herbs for thousands of years, dur why do humans live so much longer now, MEDICATIONS! Not, hygiene, or better science, just medicine.

And then I found this: https://www.facebook.com/GenMods4Monsanto

Even if this is trolling at its finest, sigh.

This is why I don't stay up at night anymore, I get depressed.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• steve001steve001
    edited July 2015

Well I know from my own personal experience a lot of new age western medicine is BS. I never gotten the flu my entire life and Im never sick. Never gotten a Flu vaccine ever, never been on medications, and eaten mainly organic most my life. So the vaccine pushers and monsanto can go suck it. BTW The science babe does a lot of chest breathing. Her gut to brain connections is probably all fucked up.

• steve001steve001
    edited July 2015

I wonder if this chick is of the belief that SIBO and leaky gut are myths.

Trust me she probably thinks Adrenal fatigue is fake too. Its ok pharmaceutical drugs are here to fix your fatigue!! Oh and if you find the right doctor he can give you a 20% discount!!

• http://www.bubblews.com/posts/dr-ibrahim-karim-harmony-vitality-biogeometry-bulletproof-radio-235-and-possible-part-2-questions

There are some great points in the latest interview (bulletproof radio#235) where Dave is interviewing Ibrahim. Some of my favorite parts included designs on the walls increasing Serotonin, a seemingly new or highly detailed description of the vital force/ vital body, and while the "how" is still illusive and behind some firewallsarrow-10x10.png, there was talk that the number seat you sit in at the stadium can effect your mood health and clarity... There is a list of questions that formed while listening to the above mentioned interview and afterwords while it rolled around upstairs :) I do not know if there will be a second interview but I do hope so and if there is I have some questions that I would like to be considered as I do feel the info should be covered to as large of an audience as possible and the Biogeometry/Bulletproof groups are the high caliber people that I feel can really make some important excellent changes with this info.

1 Vital forces

The definition of vital force seems different than the "vitals" that the nurse checksarrow-10x10.png at the check up. What is the difference and how can we apply this new definition in our daily lives? This seems like one layer of the onion that is us, how many layers are there and what are they called?

2Vision

I see a future where the average bulletproof listener who are also interested in Biogeometry can walk up to a cellphone tower and fix the quality without dynamite or breaking laws, all using Biogeometry :) Is that becoming a reality? How many people would you trust to do this work right now?

3 Radio signals :)

HZ and all that, according to Dr Karim, The quality of a wave is dependent on Wave Form/shape and this can be expressed as the relationship of amplitude to wavelength OR the angle of the wave with the horizontal. The proper wave forming gives BG3 in ANY FREQUENCY. When musicians tune their instruments we know there is the Pythagorean tuning 432 vs 440 HZ. Is there a qualitative difference when someone tunes to the Pythagorean tuning and how is that different than Bio-geometrically tuning ? Does this mean that any device, signal and space can be balanced or are there limitations? How many ways could Bulletproof Radio broadcast the beneficial energy qualities?

4 The Golden Chef

There is a cool picture in the book "back to a future of mankind" where there is an individual stirring what looks like to be some type of meal or mixture. The principal behind it is resonance with the Higher Harmonic of Gold. I would love to know that my chef/cook buddies had something practical to take away from the discussion. I also think that the bulletproof coffee shop employes may be resonating with this soon as well. What advice could you give someone who wants to resonate with this quality and when this quality is being resonated by the cook/chef/ will the food have this quality?

5 Stirring my cup

A few times I have heard Dr Karim mention stirring liquid in a cup. Interestingly enough, once I remember he said "stir to the right 16 times to charge the liquid and balance out the sugar, and stir 16 times to the left to charge into time"... I would LOVE to know how this relates to my morning cup of BP Coffee!! How can the listeners take that info and use it?

I HOPE THIS SPARKS SOME MOMENTUM FOR A SECOND INTERVIEW!!!

• drumminangoleirodrumminangoleiro ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015

surely this has to have been mentioned in this thread somewhere, but dave should get Jason Hooper and John Brisson on the podcast one of these days. or he should go on theirs. 

if it hasn't been said yet, now it has! 

• Would be great if Dave could look into the work of Dr Sydney Ross Singer, director of The Institute for the Study of Culturogenic Disease http://www.killerculture.com/ he would be a great podcast guest.

His book, get it up! changed my life.

• edited September 2015

I think Albert Bates would be a really interesting guest on Bulletproof Radio.

http://peaksurfer.blogspot.ca/

http://www.thefarm.org/lifestyle/albertbates/akb.html

http://www.amazon.com/The-Biochar-Solution-Farming-Climate/dp/0865716773

I guess you could call him an environmentalist, but one of his main causes is "bio-char" - a form of charcoal that can be produced independently, at small scale, and added to compost/the soil.

In the soil it acts as a sort of corral reef for microbial life, and improves the nutrient content of the soil and also its ability to retain water for plants in dry spells. Most importantly, it removes carbon that would end up in the atmosphere, and stores it for long time periods within the soil.

I thought it would make a really interesting crossover with Dave Asprey's interests, as Dave has put a lot of work into researching the gut microbiome and the uses of activated charcoal for personal health, as well as starting up his own farm. Albert Bates has focused on the soil microbiome and the uses of charcoal in restoring the land. 

I wonder if Albert would have any insights into the problems of mold that Dave's new documentary has brought up.  Albert Bates has also been very active in environmental building methods, maybe he would have insights into mold-free builing and living?

• Aaron Alexander from align podcast?

Rhonda Patrick?

Jessica Richman for Ubiome?

23andme gene people? 

• Selfhacked aka Joe Cohen.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015

someone with conflicting views might be interesting and enlightening.

Too many podcast have gone from good info and answering questions, to full of adverts and guest who are just there to advertise their product/book/website or just do the same stuff they do on all podcast. talk about a hamster wheel.

Notice a big change for the worst over the last year or so :(

Just to confirm – If I did a podcast, it'll probably be the worst in the world ;)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• ...And then the next podcast is a Q&A with a 'Bad' advert for the first 2mins! 

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• I'd love to see more practitioners using Ozone and Oxidative therapies on the Podcast.

Maya Fabiszak co-owns and operates a PEMF, Ozone and oxidative therapies clinic here in Toronto ON and is really tuned in to environmental hacks for optimal health. Given the increasing popularity of Ozone it could be a great conversation and resource for those wanting to experiment with this type of stuff.

• Dale Tobias BruceDale Tobias Bruce Writer
    edited October 2015

I was just watching "The Truth about Cancer"

I think Ty Bollinger would be an interesting guest.

Or Dr. Darrell Wolfe

Just a thought, though I'd also love to hear from Dr. Kate Rhéaume-Bleue again. I love everything about K2 and D3

and Dr. Jonathan V. Wright. He seems to be an awesome speaker http://www.life-enhancement.com/formulator/jonathan-v-wright?gclid=CjwKEAjwnf2wBRCf3sOp6oTtnjYSJAANOfhe-AnAhF8wEdXxf6sbTWHVwxK6-wOmy3xysASDEszbsRoC4yDw_wcB  

His bio page ^ :

Dr. Jonathan V. Wright, M.D.'s professional accomplishments include 25 years of dedicated research and practice in the nutrition and preventive medicine. Dr. Wright is widely acclaimed as one of the leading alternative and life extension physicians practicing in the United States today. In his role as medical director of the Tahoma Clinic in Kent, Washington, he has treated thousands of patients using innovative, natural therapies, including nutrient supplements, botanicals, natural hormones, and glandular extracts. He has published extensively, co-authoring Natural Hormone Replacement for Women Over 45 and the best-selling Dr. Wright's Guide to Healing With Nutrition. For two decades, his monthly medical columns appeared in Prevention (1976-1986) and Let's Live (1986-1996) magazines.

Along with his colleague Dr. Gaby, Dr. Wright has conducted a seminar, "Nutritional Therapy in Medical Practice", for health care practitioners annually for the past two decades. He is also the editor of a monthly newsletter, Nutrition & Healing.

Dr. Wright's Formulations utilize ingredients that are ahead of their time. Designed exclusively for Life Enhancement, they are among the most unique dietary supplements available anywhere.

Fiction is the Truth inside the Lie

76819.jpg

• P.D Mangan

• edited February 2016

Leanne Vogel

Taylor Marie

please

• drumminangoleirodrumminangoleiro ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Dr. Mike Israetel, Paul nobles, Dr. Mike T. Nelson, or Jason Miller!

Also, I like how Dave referred people in the latest Q&A to check the forums because there is a greater wealth of knowledge here than he can provide alone...even though most of the long-time regulars here are finding that a lot of Dave's recommendations are not optimal for active people.

• someone with conflicting views might be interesting and enlightening.

Too many podcast have gone from good info and answering questions, to full of adverts and guest who are just there to advertise their product/book/website or just do the same stuff they do on all podcast. talk about a hamster wheel.

Notice a big change for the worst over the last year or so :(

Just to confirm – If I did a podcast, it'll probably be the worst in the world ;)

agree 100 percent, its become a bit repetitive, same people talking about very similar things and some of the products seem a bit scammy, RE:the binural beats episode that guys website seemed like 100 percent scam

Watch my Stand Up Comedy Video online :)

Please Subscribe to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQI92eERrCc

• Teri Wahls.

• MrsfloydMrsfloyd ✭✭

Oh and please no more Neil Strauss for at least a decade. Pretty please. :)

• Hi all. I highly recommend Mike Mandel from the Brain Software Podcast. It's all about upgrading your software and hacking into that of others... :smile:

• j2048bj2048b
    edited July 29

Rhonda Patrick from found my fitness would be amaze balls to hear with u in a podcast! im new to this so if u have done one with her, then let me know which ones? she is awesome!! and u guys would be able to do a very lengthy pod cast hopefully a 2-3 part series or more!!

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

Just popped into the forum to see what has changed over the last year or two... Kinda quite these days? Sheesh!
    Anyhow, My current favorite doc is Dr. John Bergman, a corrective chiropractor out of Huntington Beach, CA.

I found him on the YouTubes about a year ago and his understanding of the human body and health blows me away.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• Zach Bush. He sells Restore and has a decent argument about round up and antibiotics inline with the bulletproof message

12346»