Suggest A Potluck Item For Me Please

My BP Diet is very basic. It's salmon, steak, hamburger, salads, sweat potatoes and avocados.  I don't cook much, just evenings.  Now the dreaded company potluck comes along. What should I make that I can share with a bunch on non-BP folks?  I'm not going to make them BP coffee.  :-)

Comments

• I like bringing antipasto to events.  it's not cheap but roasted artichokes in olive oil and olives are not bad for you at all and appreciated by most with discerning tastes.  I brought some olives stuffed with herring to an event with roasted artichokes and they went over well.

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.
    edited March 2013
    2 cups chopped grape/plum tomatos, 1 chopped avocado, 1/4 cup chopped onion, apple cider vinegar and MCT/olive oil to taste (start with 2 tbsp), a few cloves of minced garlic, chopped fresh basil (tbsp or so), HPS dash, and some feta cheese crumbles maybe 1/4 cup to please the non-bulletproof heathens. Maybe throw in some diced bacon with it.

Serve like a salad.
  • 2 cups chopped grape/plum tomatos, 1 chopped avocado, 1/4 cup chopped onion, apple cider vinegar and MCT/olive oil to taste (start with 2 tbsp), a few cloves of minced garlic, chopped fresh basil (tbsp or so), HPS dash, and some feta cheese crumbles maybe 1/4 cup to please the non-bulletproof heathens. Maybe throw in some diced bacon with it.

Serve like a salad.

Pardon my ignorance: HPS = ?   Thanks!

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

himalayan pink salt

• That avocado recipe sounds just like what I make several times a week.  It's sooo tasty and easy.

If you need to make a large amount of something, you could also do 1-2 avocados blended with oil, lemon, cumin, water and sea salt  (you can also add egg if you'd like) to a thick dressing consistency.  Then toss it with a bunch or two of lightly steamed kale, option to add salmon.

• Just bring a bunch of bacon.

• O and make that mct mayo for a bacon dipping sauce.

• Just bring a bunch of bacon.

ha! That's great. :-)

• himalayan pink salt

oh, duh. Yes.  I don't frequent the recipe corner here much on the forums.  Thanks!

• Just found the bacon explosion. Don't know what you would do to change out the BBQ sauce but damn that thing looks crazy... http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

• Just found the bacon explosion. Don't know what you would do to change out the BBQ sauce but damn that thing looks crazy... http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

Mother of God

• Your potluck is probably over, but... There is a paleo cookbook called "Well Fed" with some amazing things.... not all are BP, but many are, or they are easy to tweak.

There is one recipe I'd take to a potluck. It's a "potato salad" made with slow-boiled jicama instead of potato. Jicama tastes really good after being boiled and chilled - better than potato. There is also a ton of bacon in it, and she encourages you to make your own mayonnaise (and explains how) ... it's SO GOOD. My mouth is watering thinking about it.