Best Water Filter?

new to this bullet proof water

whats the best water filter to get 

not sure what it does tbh

anyone got a link to a FAQ?

All i know is that the water here in the uk is full of chlorine 

and fluoride which destroys out pineal gland which jacks out creativity?

edit: is a filter the best way to go?

BRITA filters have a double action:

1. The activated carbon filter eliminates bad odor and the taste of halogen compounds that chlorine makes when present in tap water.[citation needed]
  2. The exchange ion resin lowers the concentration of calcium carbonates, accordingly softening tap water.[citation needed]

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

BRITA just filters out smells and tastes. It's a good start but most of the bad crap is still in there.

If you want to really filter your water, you need to get a reverse osmosis filtration system. There are some I've seen that sit on your benchtop, and even better ones that you can install the tap into your sink so you never see them. They filter out pretty much everything, even fluoride.

They're a little pricy though, but it's worth it for UK water!

• Natural spring water is the most BP.  I don't have access to any.  I use a Zero® water filter, works well!

• Brita seems to work okay, but I have nothing to compare it with.  I guess it still leaves most of the crap in, though. Right now I'm living in a rented apartment, so I can't attach anything permanent to the sink or anything like that.

• edited March 2013

The retail water filters are really pretty far from optimal, we're trying to get the fluoride and trace pharmaceuticals out, which the zero water and brita system don't use do (if you even have those brands in UK). Plus all the heavy metals from ancient infrastructure. Reverse osmosis is good, what Dave recommends. I use a Berkey filter system with the extra floride filters, this is not RO, but travels well and can apparently render the Ganges drinkable in a single pass. Also lowers the pharmaceutical load in the water. Check out findaspring.com

• BERKEY ... stainless steel canisters... they use them for the RED CROSS when they need to turn marsh water into drinkable water.... hands down the best water you will ever taste and you only need to change your filters like every 2-3 years... I got a 3 gallon and absolutely love it... I hate that plastic crap

• You guys need to post links where i can actually buy this stuff

it looks like reverse osmosis is the best choice 

but where can you get a small version?

• Don't waste your money on water , its not nessecary.
  • RodRod The Rodfather

Don't waste your money on water , its not nessecary.

What do you mean?

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• What do you mean?

Just stirring Carlos, it seems to be his common response to everyone else's thread or comments.
  • Carlos, reverse osmosis is good, but you have to make sure to add the nutrients back into the water.. with a Berkey, you don't have to worry about it...  This is where I got mine:  http://www.getberkey.com/

• Carlos, reverse osmosis is good, but you have to make sure to add the nutrients back into the water.. with a Berkey, you don't have to worry about it... This is where I got mine: http://www.getberkey.com/

You could add pink salt to you water too.
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
  • I noticed that this post on my google alerts page and thought I would put my two cents in.  Reverse Osmosis Systems are both the most economical and effective way of handling both chlorine and byproducts of chlorine plus any flouride in the water.  Now I'm in Canada and selling to you would be ridiculous but take a look at my under counter water filter to get an idea of what you can expect over there in the United Kingdom.

Frieso Pouwer CWS-VI, WT-1, Journeyman Plumber/Gasfitter

• You guys need to post links where i can actually buy this stuff

it looks like reverse osmosis is the best choice 

but where can you get a small version?

You can buy a Zero water filter at Target.  Reverse osmosis systems are expensive.  Where I work, we use a filtration system to reconstitute antibiotics.  They have a water filter under the sink, then the water travels to a measurable graduate mounted on the wall.  Next to the graduate is the reverse osmosis system for further filtration.  I'm not at work to see who makes it, but I'm sure it's very expensive.  Having those mounted in sink, under the sink, systems are really good if you want to invest in one.  A quick google search will bring tons of hits. "under sink water filter reverse osmosis"

• RO is popular and good technology. So you can go for RO water filter, else UV+RO would be best one. What you think?

• I purchased this one some time ago and recommend.

http://www.amazon.com/iSpring-5-Stage-Reverse-Osmosis-Filter/dp/B003XELTTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366119926&sr=8-1&keywords=reverse+osmosis

It's an off brand, works great though, seems heavy duty and the filters are cheap to replace.

I have a TPS monitor (monitors dissolved particles) and my tap water is 130 (not too bad) coming out of the RO system it's 4 to 5. 0 would be distilled, which you'll never get with a filter. I think they say anything below 20 is pretty much considered pure. It also depends on how much it has to remove, if you have really bad water there will be a little bit more post filter, but it'll still be a significant difference.

I was using a Berkey for a long time but I realized that the fluoride filters no longer do anything after about 3 months, since they use aluminum to attract the fluoride once it's saturated it's spent and you have to buy new ones, the RO continues to remove it.

• My mother owes me about 1500$, should be paying me back any day now when she recieves her back pay for finally getting on disability. I'm going to pick up the 2-4 person Berkey when she does and fluoride filters for it. Then buying 6 of the airtight water bottles (I'll drink 3-4 every day just at work) I've seen posted around on here from Crate & Barrel and switching from my nalgene to them. I'll just move the Nalgene bottles over to my BoB's for emergencies.

IF anyone has a Berkey and has any serious complaints about it let me know before I go dropping a 300ish (a lot to me) on one and fluoride filters for it.

I had the Berkey, and used it for a while. Problem with the Fluoride filters is they use aluminum to attract the fluoride, and once the aluminum media is full the fluoride goes right through, so depending on how much water you drink you'd have to replace those filters often.

I would suggest RO over the berkey if you have a sink you can hook it up to. Berkey is a good SHTF type filter in case you need to make lake water safe to drink.

• hybridhybrid Cateye vs Isolation
    So RO takes out minerals etc... so would adding sea salt be enough to balanace the equation?
  • John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Try some Trace Mineral Research Trace Minerals Drops.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• Could some one post a link of a good reverse osmosis undersink filter?

Or could you tell me what to look for?

• I think I could fit a reverse osmosis system under my sink but the problem is the electric point is no where near my sink.  

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭

Did D.A. mention remineralization of some kind?

• My setup is that I have a 3 stage Big Blue filter system set up on the whole property (sediment, KDF55, charcoal block) primarily to remove chlorine (useful for my raised bed gardens & orchard drip irrigation system and water spickets for pets and such as well as indoor household water).  Inside all three buildings (2 houses and the garage conversion), each kitchen has a 5 stage Watta reverse osmosis system - the main one has a 15 gallon tank and a permeate pump (which reduces wasted water and increases pressure for ice maker).  When I take supplements from the r/o water, I add a squirt of Trace Minerals.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AMUWLK/

In my bedroom, I have a Zen Water gravity filter and mineral stones, but this one is my least favorite due to the plastic body - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002F5RNBC/.  I cannot legally buy a Berkey here in CA due to them not paying for state certification.

• I think I could fit a reverse osmosis system under my sink but the problem is the electric point is no where near my sink.  

Reverse osmosis doesn't need electricity, just water pressure.

Hey Charlie, here is a link to the standard RO under sink installation - http://rohelper.com/systems/under-sink-reverse-osmosis/you don't need electricity as Thundersplat replied. there are both pros and cons of using it, you'll find them in the articles.

• Could some one post a link of a good reverse osmosis undersink filter?

Or could you tell me what to look for?

Has anyone tried this one http://www.propurusa.com/Propur-Under-Countertop-System_p_183.html ?

The lab results look quiet good

• gnoobergnoober
    edited March 2016

dr. mercola sells Aquasana's stuff. I got a simple AQ-4601 from them.

But looking to upgrade now. Their "OptimH2O" remineralizes, and uses active carbon as well as reverse osmosis.

I am concerned it may make the  pH too alkaline- have yet to find that out.

For me there are 3 factors to consider mostly when I select my water:

- Fluoride concentration under 0.02 mg/l (reason: the human body can detox around 0.07mg fluoride per day, I read somewhere)

- Uranium (yes you read that right) concentration below 0.2mcg/l

- Calcium, Magnesium and Sulfate as high a concentration as possible.

anyone disagree?

• stream26stream26
    edited June 2017

Hey Charlie, here is a link to the standard RO under sink installation - you don't need electricity as Thundersplat replied. there are both pros and cons of using it, you'll find them in the articles.

Thanks for useful link . I'm to going to get RO system after reading reviews.
    In my opinion, I think a reverse osmosis water filter is the best one, because it can remove a wide range of contaminants in your water. what's more, it can offer you a great amount of water in a short time.

• Try the Berkey line of filters.
    Great water taste, and doesn't need electricity to operate!
    It is gravity based.
    I got mine from: https://www.berkeywaterfilterplus.com/
    FREE shipping all over Canada and the US. They also ship worldwide.
    Try it out, highly recommend.

"Health is wealth"

• @Rod said:
    Don't waste your money on water , its not nessecary.

What do you mean?

Why @Rod ?
    Its very important to drink pure water.

• Recently I have gone > @stream26 said:

Hey Charlie, here is a link to the standard RO under sink installation - you don't need electricity as Thundersplat replied. there are both pros and cons of using it, you'll find them in the articles.

Thanks for useful link . I'm to going to get RO system after reading reviews.
    In my opinion, I think a reverse osmosis water filter is the best one, because it can remove a wide range of contaminants in your water. what's more, it can offer you a great amount of water in a short time.

"
    I am also searching for a water filter system. I went through a blog while searching for drinking water filter system and it says that UV water treatment helps to kill 99.99% of harmful microorganisms. So I am bit confused on what system to use. RO systems also remove bacteria but are they as effective as UV system?"