Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I've been checking out a blog called realsustenance.com and much of her stuff looks pretty delish. With some adjusting many of her recipes can be made bulletproof. This is pretty much directly from her blog, though I made my own almond meal by grinding raw, unpasturized almonds that I had soaked for 12 hours, dried, and then stored in the fridge. I know the omega 3 to omega 6 ratio isn't great with almonds, but considering your likely only eating a spoonful or two of this, it should be fine as a once-in-a-while treat. Feel free to replace the almond meal with macadamia meal or another sprouted, raw nut meal.

Ingredients:

1 cup raw almond meal

2 Tbls. Organic, pasture butter melted a bit

2 - 3 Tbls. Xylitol or Erythritol (or a blend of both)

2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

1/8 - 1/4 Himalayan pink salt

1/4 c. Chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and dig in with a spoon! If the dough is too dry feel free to add a little liquid (water, raw milk, or non dairy milk).

Comments

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Standard BP warning: almond meal isn't really BP, yada yada, you shouldn't need to be snacking, blah blah

That aside, looks tasty! I'd demolish the whole bowl though ;)

No sorcery, just science. 

• Try mixing some raw tahini with raw honey and throw some cacao nibs in there with vanilla powder oh my gawd

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

looking to make some almost bulletproof cookies. How's this list of ingredients sound?

• 150g coconut flour
    • 1/3 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
    • 1/3 teaspoon salt
    • 150g unsalted butter, melted
    • 50g Cocoa butter
    • 80g Xylitol
    • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    • 1 egg
    • 1 egg yolk
    • 100g lindt 85% chocolate chipped

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

<p>

looking to make some almost bulletproof cookies. How's this list of ingredients sound?

• 150g coconut flour
    • 1/3 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
    • 1/3 teaspoon salt
    • 150g unsalted butter, melted
    • 50g Cocoa butter
    • 80g Xylitol
    • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    • 1 egg
    • 1 egg yolk
    • 100g lindt 85% chocolate chipped

Worth a shot, you may find as I have that foods with coconut flour in them rob all traces of moisture from your mouth.
    body composition coaching through Eat to Perform
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Can't see what you mean by robbing moisture from your mouth.

Cookies.jpg

Taste good though, bit too crumbly and not holding together too well. More sponge cake than cookie. Not sure what to add or increase to make them more sticky. And not to be so drying. Although adding bad ingredients would help, that's not the point is it :-(

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• I've had similar experiences with coconut flour. Makes me thirsty and swallowing it is like sandpaper. 

Could you add more butter? Maybe dip them in chocolate after you bake them?

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Eat with 'Get Some' Ice Cream helps ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Samir aka JudoSamir aka Judo The Grass-Fed Beast
    Adding cooked white sweet potato to the mix could help with the moisture and consistency. I say white just for looks purposes. Also how does the dough look uncooked? Can you eat it raw?
    Be your own best friend instead of your own worst enemy. You are the only person who will always truly be there for you.
  • What about taking out the coconut flour and using the Superfine Sweet Rice Flour that Dave uses in the Bulletproof Cupcakes? I've been using that in Jason's Brownies and it's working great.

• PS very cool, Katolotus, inventing your own recipe even though you're new at baking!

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Mix was nice, I ate the bits that shot out of the bowl while I was mixing it and ate the bit left on the whisk.

Might have to try the rice flour. Would like to make cookies that are more biscuit than cake like.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• I was going to say, use coconut flour... However, looks like people beat me to the punch! Looks awesome!