David Discontinued Modafinil (Provigil) Use?

Hello ya'll! I heard on the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast that David has discontinued his use of Modafinil. Can anyone comment on this? If this is true, I was wondering the reason. Were there any unwanted experiences he was having? Or did he feel it was simply time to move on?

Comments

• edited March 2013

I was wondering the same thing. I have known for a while that he's not taking it anymore, but I never really looked into it...

My Fitness and Nutrition Blog: http://JJStrength.com

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

I wouldn't take the stuff.  It is a synthetic drug.

Which episode of JRE did you hear he wasn't taking it anymore?

• am very interested to hear this, after he poster-boyed for it so hard.. would love to hear any thoughts on this (have any of the mods asked him directly?  would be great hearing his words on this!)

M.Thomas- sometimes the best ones are synthetic ;)

• It is in his best interest to not be on it when touting and selling his bulletproof products.  It creates confusion as to what is really doing what when you have that little pill lurking in the background.  A definite conflict of interest that allows many naysayers to claim that maybe modafinil is doing much of the mental heavy lifting.  Standing on his own with his products would be the best thing for him to do.  (at least claiming to do so) :)   This has my attention.  Not mentioning it on the original podcast does not equal off it.  How many podcasts has he done with Rogan?  I have only watched the first video one.

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • hzahza ✭✭

I don't think it was on the Rogan podcast, although I could be wrong, but pretty sure I heard Dave say either on the Bulletproof podcast or guesting on someone else's that he took modafinil for approx two years, and then his brain "figured it out" and didn't need it anymore, like his thinking altered after long-term use to adopt to a more modafinil way of mental functioning.  

I wish I could remember which podcast it was, but I remember clearly (recently, it was just within the last month) that I heard Dave say in an interview somewhere from the last year essentially what I've written above.  

• It is in his best interest to not be on it when touting and selling his bulletproof products.  It creates confusion as to what is really doing what when you have that little pill lurking in the background.  A definite conflict of interest that allows many naysayers to claim that maybe modafinil is doing much of the mental heavy lifting.  Standing on his own with his products would be the best thing for him to do.  (at least claiming to do so) :)   This has my attention.  Not mentioning it on the original podcast does not equal off it.  How many podcasts has he done with Rogan?  I have only watched the first video one.

Very, very good point, if that's what his line of thinking is - this actually comes up to me frequently when considering testosterone usage (my credibility as a trainer is vastly diminished if i'm taking testosterone to look the way i do - I'd love to start a cycle right now, but since i won't lie about that kind of thing, i can't really use unless i want my credibility taken down some pegs (in the eyes of newbs, but they're the majority of the market LOL)

• So does this mean he's quitting the testosterone too? It actually really bothers me that he takes it and doesn't freely mention it or attribute effects to its use.

It is in his best interest to not be on it when touting and selling his bulletproof products.  It creates confusion as to what is really doing what when you have that little pill lurking in the background.  A definite conflict of interest that allows many naysayers to claim that maybe modafinil is doing much of the mental heavy lifting.  Standing on his own with his products would be the best thing for him to do.  (at least claiming to do so) :)   This has my attention.  Not mentioning it on the original podcast does not equal off it.  How many podcasts has he done with Rogan?  I have only watched the first video one.

• OceanRayOceanRay
    edited March 2013

As far as I remember Dave said something about not needing it after years, because it helped train his brain to concentrate. He went down from 400mg to 50mg over 8 years

Was it in that mainstream American TV news segment on modafinil? 

• TJ JTJ J skratta pa klocka

where has everybody heard about Dave using testosterone? 

• The Last I heard about Dave taking Modafinal was on the "fat Burning Man podacst" He said something to the effect that after all the work he has done he is only getting about a 10% bump in feeling awsome all the time. he said it was mostly the diet and the suplements he takes that are keeping him in the awsome state. this is not a direct quate though. some where around 30 min or after into the podcast is when noortropics comes up.

• edited March 2013

youtube.com/watch?v=J3CC_jpm98c

5 mins in Joe Rogan and Tim Ferris talks about provigil and say hes off of it now

• ^am I missing why he stopped?  all i heard was rogan make a comment that 'dave said he used for 8yrs but doesn't anymore'

• There is a presentation done by him titled "Augmented Authoring - Biohacking Technologies to Improve People Who Write" and I believe he states he stopped taking it due to all the various things he's done to upgrade himself. He mentions using things I haven't yet heard on the podcast (only have listend to and annotated 10 so far) such as Far Infrared LED Stimulation for vasodilation and mitochondrial function, cel division and regeneration and angiogenesis and other reasons. I could be wrong but I believe he was taking Provigil before having a fully optimized diet and supplement regiment, as well as continually using technology to hack his psyche/mental performance. The Better Baby Book describes how to get the most out of Provigil as well for those interested.

http://equilibriohm.wordpress.com/

http://biohacksblog.com/

Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability. - Marcus Aurelius 

• I'd recommend visiting the SVHI and watching his presentations there. There is some more "hidden gem" information in his presentations there that is pretty intriguing and useful.

http://equilibriohm.wordpress.com/

http://biohacksblog.com/

Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability. - Marcus Aurelius