Kerrygold Unsalted Butter - Suggested Retail Price?

Hello All,

I'm not sure if there is a "SRP" for "grocery items" but does anyone know what the average price is for KerryGold Unsalted Grassfed Butter - 8oz?

The reason I ask ...

We are in Kansas and have a few options (probably more options but this is where we have been so far):

Price Chopper - $5.99 / 8oz. package

Whole Foods - $2.99 / 8oz package

Trader Joes - $2.99 / 8 oz package

You may ask - why does it matter - just don't buy it at PriceChopper!

Well, PriceChopper is closer and I've usually found that Whole Foods is more expensive then anywhere else. So I just found it odd that the price difference could be SO drastic. I already asked them if they maybe had it priced wrong and they assured me it was correct.

So, I thought I would see what everyone else pays for it.

Thanks!!

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

In the UK i'm getting for it around $1.95 (£1.25) for 8.8oz (250g).

Guess that's the advantage of living next to Ireland ;-)

Check out my Freezer! 

KerryGold_frozen.jpg

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Katolotus, dude that's awesome!

I get mine from Trader Joe's for $2.99. I try to stock up when I can, they run out very quickly!

My Fitness and Nutrition Blog: http://JJStrength.com

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Never run out over here. When it's on offer (2 for £2.50) I get a couple of sticks 3 or 4 times a week. I've got about 5 sticks at home in the fridge, 8 in the freezer and another 5 in the fridge at work. Probably do half a stick-a-day easy! 62.5g in the BPC every morning and then add it to my sweet potato and let it melt over my veg.

Just need to keep an eye on the Dates, but I get through it too quick at the mo.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• put a lock on your freezer!! that's like a pirate chest!   

in canada our PriceChoppers all changed to "Fresh Co." 

• I am north of Seattle WA, $2.99 is the best price I find for Kerrygold also at Trader Joe's and Whole foods. I have seen it as high as $4.50. The unsaled butter has been harder to find, I go through it faster because of BP coffee but I seem to always find the Salted in the Store. So I stock up when I see it.

• 250g for $1.99 in Australia
  • All - thanks for the input!

Jason - are you suggesting the $2.99 is wicked or the $5.99? ;-)

Katolotus - are you using Salted butter?

Here is my stack of "unsalted" Bullion:

• We dont get the kerrygold unsalted in the UK, would it be best to get kerrygold salted instead of say yeo vally or a similar salted butter(organic)?

• It depends as far as the BP coffee goes I have done both. The salted butter taste can come through in the coffee and does not taste good, kinda ruins it. But when I am eating food I use the salted butter. I do not understand my local supply system but ever ones in awhile there is no unsalted butter around but plenty of the salted gold bars. So I pretty much reserve my silver unsalted butter just for the coffee.

As for other brands there is nothing magical as far as I can tell about Kerrygold other then grass feed. so if you shop around looking for anything grass feed as a priority you will get the same benefit.

• Costco sells a three pack of the salted for $6.78.  I'm hoping to see them add the unsalted soon.  I will inquire on my next visit.

• Costco sells a three pack of the salted for $6.78.  I'm hoping to see them add the unsalted soon.  I will inquire on my next visit.

• karenkaren "Say your 3 S's: Star, Smile, Strong!"
    edited April 2013

$2.49 for either salted or unsalted at flagship Wegmans in the Rochester, NY area.

UPDATE/EDIT:

Went to a different Wegmans today and found all other stores in the Rochester area actually charge $3.99 for 8oz....which seems like a pricing error. The NJ Wegmans charge $2.29 (they actually have a handy app where you can look anything up). And we went to BJs (low budget Costco) and found only the creamy tub version for $6.99 for 17.8 oz. Trader Joes is $3.99 for 8 oz.

And for some reason....everyone in this area is out of unsalted! Called about six stores and no one has any stock. BP must be hitting this area. :)

• 2 bucks a pop???? I hate you......

In the UK i'm getting for it around $1.95 (£1.25) for 8.8oz (250g).

Guess that's the advantage of living next to Ireland :wink:

Check out my Freezer! 

KerryGold_frozen.jpg

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013

All unsalted. I've not tried the salted version yet.

Still on sale, picked up another 2 bars of gold today ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• edited March 2013

$2.99 here in California at Whole Foods.

Damn. Katolotus...excellent muscle proportion/balance and definition for any age, let alone 40.   I respect the fact you enter the cage.  The guy you fought had solid defense.  Loved the take down and jumping the the correct side to negate his guillotine attempt.  

Seeing through the chaotic.