Kerrygold Unsalted Butter - Suggested Retail Price?

Comments

• TwizlexTwizlex Fat Ninja

All unsalted. I've not tried the salted version yet.

Still on sale, picked up another 2 bars of gold today :wink:

Are you sure that's unsalted?  The gold wrapper is salted and the silver is unsalted.  I never knew the gold was salted because it doesn't actually say it anywhere on the label except in the ingredients, and I didn't realize it until I saw the silver unsalted package.

To add to the topic, I'm also in the Northeast.  Best price I've found is $3.99 at Wegman's.  Depending on which Giant grocery I go to, they have it at $4.99 or $5.99.  There is no Whole Foods or Trader Joe's within 2 hours of me. Supposedly, Walmart has Anchor butter for $2, but I've never seen it for myself.  My buddy tells me it's "even more grass-fed than Kerrygold," whatever that means.

fat + more fat = less fat

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

You're right, says 2% salt on the ingredients. I've been using it in BPC and taste great. I'll have a look out for the silver wrapper and try that, if it makes BPC taste better I'll be very happy!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• in south Florida, it runs between $3.59 to $4.09 depending on the week, Publix is where i find it, Whole Paycheck runs out all the time, and Fresh Market only seems to have it monthly

"I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them."
    – Isaac Asimov

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

bought some Yeo Valley unsalted butter today for £1.59 from Whole Foods. Gonna try it and see if I can taste the difference from the kerry gold salted. It's much harder than the soft kerry gold.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• while I don't usually use Kerrygold, I couldn't pass up Costcos 6.99 price.

while I don't usually use Kerrygold, I couldn't pass up Costcos 6.99 price.

Holy shit, that's for a 3-pack!?

• Yep ;)

Holy shit, that's for a 3-pack!?

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

used the Yeo Valley unsalted in my BPC and can't really tell the difference, infact I think I like the kerry gold slightly better. So 2% salt in my BPC seems good to me. Guessing the 2% isn't enough to taste it with the bit of cocoa powder I add and some vanilla bean powder on top.

Lucky really as I have about 10 bars of kerry gold (salted) in my freezer! 

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Whole foods by me had it for $2.79 till they ran out. I found Anchor butter that taste as good at walmart for $2.19

• Can you post the UPC code for the Wal-Mart Anchor butter?  We are on a butter shortage in Texas.

• I live in Vancouver and have to cross the border to pick up butter because of the stupid dairy laws in Canada. I usually just go to down to Blaine, WA because it's the closest and can get both unsalted and salted for $4.99 (!) a pop at Cost Cutter or this place called "The Market at Birch Bay". Perhaps it's worth the extra drive down to Bellingham to get it at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.

- Amanda

"It's not the size of the girl in the fight,

It's the size of the fight in the girl."

Personally, I find the Anchor butter to be relatively tasteless compared to Kerrygold.  I had some Anchor in my BPC the past few days and it still pretty much tasted like coffee.  That's great for someone who likes the taste of their coffee, but I have to spend the extra money for Kerrygold.  The Anchor is $2.18 at Wal-Mart and the cheapest I can find Kerrygold is $3.99 at Wegman's.  So, I splurge on Kerrygold for my coffee and use Anchor everywhere else.

Here's the UPC.  I hope you can see it   :wink: 

903636_555204017846825_537314549_o.jpg

• Once again I find myself driving from one Whole Foods to another, then Trader Joe's, and still coming home with only SALTED Kerrygold.  Damn unsalted silver bars are nowhere to be found again.  Very annoying.

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • Once again I find myself driving from one Whole Foods to another, then Trader Joe's, and still coming home with only SALTED Kerrygold.  Damn unsalted silver bars are nowhere to be found again.  Very annoying.

Wow. Luckily for me my Trader Joes here always has plenty. I buy 10 every time I go in. They are 2.99 each.

• pmrtnzpmrtnz Peter Martinez

$2.99-$3.99 seems to be about the range i've seen in my area (San Francisco).. Never seen anything over $5 for 8 ounces.

Wish Costco would start stocking unsalted in their new 3-pack they offer. =[