Ketone Observation

1235»

Comments

• hehe i wish i would be the one on the picture, that's a picture from bettie page... i just like the animal print swim suit and of course i would love to look like her in my swimsuit one day!

I'd like to loose around 20lbs. but i don't really care about weight, i want to feel good and look good.

i am on a ketogenic diet, most of the time (around 80% fat) and i did quite well a few months ago when i discovered IF. i always had tea with coconut oil, so not a real fast. i was the same, i had to eat every 3h!

i just ha d a bit of a stressful time with moving house and 3 weeks of holiday (no stress but lots of beer and food) and i gained most of my loss from the IF back image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

the problem with pcos, very slow to loose weight but very fast in gaining weight. it is frustrating!

my problem is probably not my diet during the week, but comes the weekend i like to eat out, eat some carbs now and then and drink some alcohol. so i regularly gain all the weight back i'm loosing during the week. so my idea was to go "hardcore" during the week to finally loose more than i gain back on weekends.

but i think there is only one way for me, clean up my diet 100% - maybe have some carb re-feeds on the weekend, but with only clean carbs such as sweet potato, parsnips... and stay away from alcohol :-S
  • thanks for the link, a web page i didn't know so far! great!
  • Hey mr flyingpig,

I am still going strong. Have kept the lifestyle pretty healthy since losing the weight - what used to kill me was the beers after work/on the weekend.

I've started doing sprints 1 x week and weights 1 x week a la body by science / primal blueprint and i'm feeling good. The exercise is probably compensating for the night or two a week that i have a few drinks but you've got to be realistic about it in the long term i guess (particularly hard to avoid social drinking as an aussie). I've ended up fairly muscular and with low-ish bodyfat but there is always room for improvement.

The RFLP is hard but its worth it. Doing it so tough helps you to value it i guess image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    www.optimoz.com.au

Upgraded products for Aussies AND NOW NZ!!
  • Bettie:

'Bettie' wrote:

my problem is probably not my diet during the week, but comes the weekend i like to eat out, eat some carbs now and then and drink some alcohol. so i regularly gain all the weight back i'm loosing during the week. so my idea was to go "hardcore" during the week to finally loose more than i gain back on weekends.

but i think there is only one way for me, clean up my diet 100% - maybe have some carb re-feeds on the weekend, but with only clean carbs such as sweet potato, parsnips... and stay away from alcohol :-S

Yeah, I know it can be tough socially. One thing you could try is to really try to limit any cheats to one day, and not the whole weekend. Carb refeeds make sense, but obviously the more Paleo you keep it, the better. You may want to look into Tim Ferris' method of how to avoid damage on a cheat day. The social aspect ties in with what Leon is saying:

'Leon wrote:

I am still going strong. Have kept the lifestyle pretty healthy since losing the weight - what used to kill me was the beers after work/on the weekend.

I've started doing sprints 1 x week and weights 1 x week a la body by science / primal blueprint and i'm feeling good. The exercise is probably compensating for the night or two a week that i have a few drinks but you've got to be realistic about it in the long term i guess (particularly hard to avoid social drinking as an aussie). I've ended up fairly muscular and with low-ish bodyfat but there is always room for improvement.

The RFLP is hard but its worth it. Doing it so tough helps you to value it i guess image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear you are still going strong. I think once you are down to a decent weight and body composition, it makes sense to try to find out what you can get away with. I know what you are saying about social situations, especially with regards to beer. I am from Belgium originally and we know a thing or 2 about quality beers. Luckily I also like red wine, and living in the UK, I got to know cider like Strongbow, which is less damaging than normal beer. I am completely off the alcohol at the moment though as I have only got 2 months left to sort myself out (my own wedding end of September image/icon_eek.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':shock:' /> )

The RFLP isn't easy but it is worth it indeed. Not particularly cheap buying all those supplements, but I am glad I did it. You started at 86kg, well, I'm down to 91kg (94 before RFLP). So I still have a way to go image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm also trying to do sprints once a week and I'm glad to have invested in some kettlebells as they really help (I hate gyms but don't mind working out at home a few times a week, short but high intensity).

I'm on my refeed day today. Did a 25 minute workout called the Kiwi workout involving kettlebell swings and squats, broad push-ups, walking lunges and some dumbbell work. Had a nice steak afterwards with 2 sweet potatoes and savoy cabbage. For lunch had chili con carne (without the beans), same probably for dinner tonight. Then a normal Paleo style day tomorrow without any BP coffee so that I can finish my defrosted steaks and make sure I have been refed image/icon_cool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cool:' /> , but the next day I will do another 5 days of RFLP.

3 down, 13 to go! (ok actually 13 down from 2 months ago)
  • well yeah it must be the drinking, what i don't understand when i lived in the uk, i did drink like a fish, a bottle of wine a night or even more... now i have a few drinks on the weekend and maybe one night during the week, a small glass of wine. but weight loss wise it really don't makes any difference...

so i cut out beer for 3 months as this is the only gluten i still consume and see what difference that makes.

oh and i cut down to one day carb refeed... i don't talk about a big carb pig out, but a sweet potato or banana-coconut pancakes once a week are really a must for me!