Bitcoin

123457»

Comments

• Noooooo Doubt!......Gracias Sir

• this is probably a stupid obvious question so forgive Me but Bitcoin after purchase can be transferred to Bank account at any time correct?Thanks for Your help,appreciate it

No. Unequivocally no.

I think he may have been referring to Coinbase, in which case yes, you can sell your bitcoin at any time and transfer to your bank account.

ModaMinds - Worldwide delivery of modafinil
    7% off with BULLETPROOF7 or 30% off with Bitcoin orders

• I think he may have been referring to Coinbase, in which case yes, you can sell your bitcoin at any time and transfer to your bank account.

Thank You for clarifying for Me,Yes!

• edited September 2014

Looking to spend a little extra income I have and buy some bitcoin, somewhere in the 2-4 bitcoin range. My question is what wallet should I be using. I'm not as tech savvy, but don't want to sacrifice security just for the sake of ease of use. Looking for mostly long term holding with maybe small purchases to test it out., but is 2-4 bitcoins a good starting point or should I go closer to 10? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

• Looking to spend a little extra income I have and buy some bitcoin, somewhere in the 2-4 bitcoin range. My question is what wallet should I be using. I'm not as tech savvy, but don't want to sacrifice security just for the sake of ease of use. Looking for mostly long term holding with maybe small purchases to test it out., but is 2-4 bitcoins a good starting point or should I go closer to 10? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Armory.

ModaMinds - Worldwide delivery of modafinil
    7% off with BULLETPROOF7 or 30% off with Bitcoin orders
  • paper wallet is the most secure backup?

• I've been interested in bitcoin for a while, but have never wet my feet. I got a wallet a while ago, but had loads of issues actually trying to buy some. two sites I found, wanted me to send copies of my passport or ID as a high-res scan and give lots of data to get verified to buy bitcoin. Is this usual? I've watch a few doc and they make it look simple to buy and sell. I've found it very difficult to buy and keep giving up because it takes too long, or is too much hassle for something I'm just trying. These are the sites I've looked at to buy:

https://quickbitcoin.co.uk

https://cryptopay.me

https://coinduit.io

http://www.bitcoinmagnet.co.uk/how.html

So should it be so difficult to buy a bit of coin and where do people recommend for UK resident?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015

Ok, I now have entered the bitcoin world  :cool: Better late than never!

Used https://blockchain.infofor my wallet, online and on iPhone 

and made my first purchase of bitcoin (small) using https://bittylicious.com

So anyone want to give me a few cents to play:

Bitcoin%20Wallet_zpsaksnllvq.png

15JJDk16HTCTpbPr98FGqCN6sgSFaoThk8

Going to play around with small change before I make my millions  :eek:

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• No one playing :-(

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• I played :) 

Freelance Wordpress developer and wannabe powerlifter
    carlaiau.com

• I've received 0.02 BTC :)

Guess I should return the charity ;)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• I've received 0.02 BTC :)

Guess I should return the charity ;)

Put it towards some BP supplies for your next MMA training camp blog!

carlaiau.com

• Put it towards some BP supplies for your next MMA training camp blog!

Or buy some gold on Vaultoro!

carlaiau.com

• Not sure I have enough for GOLD!

Some one want to give my their wallet to send some bitcoin to! I've got 0.02 to play with :)

This time next year I'll be a bitcoin millionaire :)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Not sure I have enough for GOLD!

Some one want to give my their wallet to send some bitcoin to! I've got 0.02 to play with :)

This time next year I'll be a bitcoin millionaire :)

You can buy it in fractional amounts of a gram. I only had a couple grams on there. That's what's cool about it! The ease of purchasing some bulllllllliiiiion

carlaiau.com

• Need to check on the general inflation increase in Gold to see if it's work a few grams. Only have a small out to play with, but you aways here Gold is a good investment. Thanks for the tip.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Freelance Wordpress developer and wannabe powerlifter
    carlaiau.com

• Can you translate that for a newbie, didn't really follow!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

Silver is good one too, if you like watching waves ;)

Bitcoins are cool, I've been wanting to get my feet into them for sometime but never have.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015

Well I have one of only 21 million bitcoins (I believe).

Once it was released into the wild, the bitcoin currency ecosystem operated on a public, inalterable schedule. We know exactly how many bitcoins there are in existence today (12,446,725) and how many there will eventually be in total: when the 21 millionth bitcoin is minted, the plates automatically self-destruct. 5 Mar 2014

Well, if it takes off I'll be one of the riches men on the planet. Imagine owning 1/21 millionth of the world's wealth*

*obviously this wouldn't be the only wealth in the world, but you know what I mean ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Bitcoin could be the future or it could be nothing. I have a feeling in the future it will be used a lot behind the scene but the average person will use it, but not know they are using it, kind of like TCP protocols that allow the web to function, used by billions every day, yet less than 0.0001% have an understand how. 

I think bitcoin does have the potential but I think the time for investment has passed.

• There is only enough gold in the world to fill three Olympic size swimming pools, however 40% of it is unaccounted for.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Anyone keeping up with the bitcoin transaction slow down? Price have increase quite a bit, but transaction times have slowed.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Keep reading it's going from strength to strength, but not really seeing much evidence.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Hey guys, what websites do you use to track altcoins and new icos? Personally, I use this ico tracker https://icoratebox.com

• Sorry to retroact an old thread. But anybody hold btc from back when we were talking about it? 2013/14? I read on here somewhere a guy in the middle east somewhere bought 4 btc at $1000 back in '13/14. I wonder if he held them? Me? Personally, I dumped most of them long ago, but still have lots of PIVX, my altcoin of choice at the moment. Thoughts?

• edited December 7

Has anyone heard of Litecoin? It's supposed to be the next big thing, and it's pretty cheap right now.

What do those who are knowledgeable about cryptocurrency think about Litecoin? Safe investment?

• @CaliforniaGold said:
    Has anyone heard of Litecoin? It's supposed to be the next big thing, and it's pretty cheap right now.

What do those who are knowledgeable about cryptocurrency think about Litecoin? Safe investment?

It was cheap. I guess if you think $160 is cheap compared to $16k btc. Personally, I like PIVX. Now that's cheap. Get in on a great coin now, cheap.

• @Joe E. said:

@CaliforniaGold said:

It was cheap. I guess if you think $160 is cheap compared to $16k btc. Personally, I like PIVX. Now that's cheap. Get in on a great coin now, cheap.

Thank you, sir. I will look into PIVX.

123457»