Bulletproof Green Shake

edited April 2013 in Recipes

I wanted to see if I could get some feedback on this "Bulletproof Green Shake" I've been concocting and drinking for lunch the last couple days.  It's based off Joe Rogan's Hulk Shake, but I've added a considerable amount of ingredients to make it as BP as possible...

Ingredients:

• 4-5 stalks kale (organic)
  • 4-5 celery stems (organic)
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 avocado
  • Small piece of ginger
  • Handful of fresh cilantro
  • Shredded Coconut
  • Small handful of organic raspberries (sometimes, for taste)
  • 1/2 tablespoon BP MCT Oil
  • Edible green tea (Tim Ferriss talks about this in 4HC)
  • Organic Saigon Cinnamon
  • Spoonful of BP Cocoa
  • 1/2 spoonful of BP Vanilla
  • 2 packets of Xylitol
  • 1 tablespoon Spirulina powder
  • 1 tablespoon Chlorella powder
  • Ice
  • Brita Water

It tastes just about as good as it sounds (pretty shitty), but it's made me feel pretty damn good and kept me real full throughout the day.  The main reason I've been trying this out is to increase my vegetable intake since I really don't enjoy eating them. Any thought, opinions, suggestions would be appreciated!

Stay thirsty my friends,

Brett

Tagged:

Comments

• karenkaren "Say your 3 S's: Star, Smile, Strong!"
    That is a lot of flavors going on there...

I would juice all the greens and ginger first (except avos) and use the juice instead of water, and freeze my berries to use that instead of ice.

The only ingredient I'd leave out of this recipe would be cinnamon....That one ingredient is enough to turn this amazing recipe to an awful tasting concoction. I understand why you'd want it, but I would make a cinnamon, chocolate, coconut butter, protein powder ball and have that on the side instead of trashing the green smoothie.

Totally going to go make a green smoothie now!
  • i wouldn't have raw kale every day...can supress thyroid function.  maybe steam it first.

• Yikes! Looks kind of similar to the kale shake that Joe Rogan says he drinks every morning.

I just don't think I would be able to stomach it to be honest.

Jake

My Fitness and Nutrition Blog: http://JJStrength.com

• RodRod The Rodfather

i wouldn't have raw kale every day...can supress thyroid function.  maybe steam it first.

I wouldn't have raw kale ever! 

It's not bio-available until lightly heated

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• Ok, it sounds like I'm ditching the kale. Cooking it seems like a pain in the ass so I'll probably just add more celery and cucumber.

Karen, those protein balls sound awesome. By chance have you perfected the recipe and could provide the measurements for each ingredient?

• karenkaren "Say your 3 S's: Star, Smile, Strong!"

Ok, it sounds like I'm ditching the kale. Cooking it seems like a pain in the ass so I'll probably just add more celery and cucumber.

Karen, those protein balls sound awesome. By chance have you perfected the recipe and could provide the measurements for each ingredient?

No..I'm so sorry!! I'm one of those throw things together and make it taste good people who never measures anything, so I can't help you there. Just try it - there are only a few ingredients, so you can't go too wrong. :)