Workout 2X Per Day

Hi everyone! After healing up some shoulder injuries I'm getting back into the game. Over the next month I want to work back up to the point where I train (mma) 2-4 hrs a day, 5 days a week and do a 20-40 min joint Mobility/kettlebell session in the am. In the past I used to do a morning session before eating then have eggs and oatmeal or a shake. Then, I would have a not so great lunch of fruit and usually a good amount of almond butter. Post training I would have veggies and beans with a lot of coconut oil.

Now, my staple foods are gf beef, eggs, coconut milk/oil, kerrygold, sunwarrior protein(I'm going to give whey another try), broccoli, avocados and kale.

My question is about when to refeed my carbs. Do I refeed after my am w/o or just my main one in the afternoon?  Do I need to refeed after every workout? I was thinking of doing sweet potato shakes or white rice after intense lifting/sprinting once a week.

My body fat probably ranges right around 12%

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

I fast in the morning with BPC around 5.45am, train for around 1hr at 6:30am. No food until around 12pm when I have mackerel and olives. At 3pm I have my main meal of eggs, sweet potatoes and lots of veg with butter. Train again around 6pm and have a couple of eggs and a protein shake before bed. My only real carbs are at 3pm. I'm currently on around 50-70g of carbs a day.

WorkdayLunch2012.jpg

This is my main meal around 3pm. Changed it a bit now, with eggs now instead of pre-cooked bought chicken and more kale and spinach.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Thanks Katolotus, I'll give something like that a try.
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I'll get a pic of my daily meal around 3pm and post, as I mention, this one's a bit old.

Love my workday lunch, to be honest I can't think of anything else I'd rather have. Only reason I'd think about junk food more favourably sometimes is cause I don't have to make it. Chopping all those veg and preparing takes too long. I'm lazy by nature ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• I got yah.  I just use frozen veggies there're all pre chopped :)