Get Some Ice Cream - Coconut Milk Instead Of Water?

I made mine with coconut milk instead of water, and I think it's better this way.

Dave says he tried a billion variations before landing on his recipe, I wonder why he didn't use coconut milk? It's one of the most used fluids in this diet, so he must have considered it. Any thoughts?

Also- I'm looking forward to trying it with coffee (bulletproof decaf) instead of the water, like someone suggested here, that sounds delicious.

Comments

• I wonder if coconut milk will steam up like normal milk for a nice latte?  I absolutely have to have a latte every now and then.  It's probably my main weakness in this diet.

• Canned foods often contain BPA, I think thats why he stays away from it.
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
  • I use raw milk instead of water.  But my blender sucks so I am getting frustrated with the rough texture and specs of coconut oil in my ice cream.

• Lemon Coffee ice cream is my favorite! 60-80% ghee is da secret
  • Lemon Coffee ice cream is my favorite! 60-80% ghee is da secret

Lemon coffee? How much lemon juice do you use, and how lemony does it taste?

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Ok, ice cream maker ordered. Weekend will be spend trying to make bulletproof ice cream.

Any issue adding something like cashew nut or almond butter, or just mix it in afterwards.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Ok, ice cream maker ordered. Weekend will be spend trying to make bulletproof ice cream.

Any issue adding something like cashew nut or almond butter, or just mix it in afterwards.

Sounds like a good additional topping to me!!

I am loving nut butters at the moment. Almond and macadamia are what Ive been trying. They are much better tasting than peanut butter IMO

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

peanut is hard to beat for taste, but weened myself off it to almond and cashew. Twice the price though :-(

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• No kidding man, almond butter is crazy expensive, however, buy the right brands and it will also be extremely tasty :) I am getting an ice cream maker as well, seems like the most convenient way to make delicious ice cream.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

almond is £10 a kg here, peanut if £5 a kg!

I just wanna make bulletproof stuff with good ingredients. Mainly looking into the ice cream as trying to get my brother to ditch the processed deserts he eats everyday.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Hm! Adding nut butter sounds smart... I wonder how the ice cream folks do it? When they put a streak of caramel, chocolate, or peanut butter thru the ice cream? I bet there are some instructions out there somewhere if I wasn't so far behind on work I'd look right now..

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

You've had 24hrs. Found anything? I'm hoping to be an ice cream maker at the weekend ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• You've had 24hrs. Found anything? I'm hoping to be an ice cream maker at the weekend :wink:

Pffft! Nice.

Actually, no, I haven't : )

You are a beginner, though, Katalous! Just figuring out your ice cream maker may take a couple tries, it did for me, anyway. If I were you I'd first just follow Dave's recipe before going for advanced embellishments.

• PS/learn from my mistakes?:

I wanted to make coffee ice cream last time, and I made 2 mistakes in the attempt: my freezing-vessel-thing wasn't quite frozen enough, but I was impatient and thought it would not matter... Also, I poured too much coffee into my mix. I read that if you have too much water in your mix, your ice cream will solidify too icy and hard, instead of being creamy/fluffy. What I got unfortunately tasted like when you re-freeze melted ice cream -- but not as creamy - more icy : (

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

My Andrew James Ice Cream Maker has just turned up ;-P

Katolotus

MMA Fighter