Now Mct Oil?

Anyone use it? Dave mentioned it a while back and didn't completely crap on it, which is surprising because the ingredient list is a little suspect to me. His criticism was that it wasn't as potent as other mct because it has 4 triglycerides as opposed to just capric and caprylic. Still, it is a hell of a lot cheaper. If anyone can recommend it i'll definitely go for now's mct oil.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

Tagged:

Comments

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

I use it.

No sorcery, just science. 

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

That's what I use.

I use it.

Wicked, thanks  :)

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

Now foods is only the capric and caprylic MCTs.  Says right on the bottle.  Its even indicated to be pharmaceutical grade.

I would say its pretty much the same as upgraded MCT oil.

• I use it and have used Dave's and Dave's is definitely better tasting. The NOW one has a bit of a chemical taste. Dave's is more filtered I suppose. Apart from that it's the same.

• I'm ordering some now MCT for use in food and I'm going to continue with Dave's for coffee. If you buy the coffee bundle on his website, you get two bags of upgraded coffee and a bottle of upgraded mct for $45 US. $15 each is a steal on all three.
  • Its what I use in the UK. Not much choice here, and i've never used anything else. Seems reasonably priced. Glad to read people I respect on this forum use it.

• I use this stuff too.  It's tasteless and I put it on everything from salad to my coffee.

• it's what i use because my local store carries a 32 oz. bottle for just under $19.  i don't do much internet ordering because i don't do credit cards.  i find them to undermine my quest to be bulletproof.

• are the now food pills/softgels just as potent? How about the Jarrow Coconut oil softgels

• I was also wondering about the mct gel tablets by now. The upgraded vs now foods brand mct oil feel the same to me in my coffee. I think Dave's is probably better quality but it's only that expensive because he's paying to make it himself whereas now foods has been a successful health products company for many years.
  • Bulletproof MCT oil is by far better then NOW MCT, in quality, focus and in taste! Don't compromise by going for something cheaper. You get what you pay for!

• I've tried both upgraded mct and now mct (used them both for multiple months) and I can say I don't notice much, if any, performance difference between the two, but the upgraded one definitely tastes way better in my coffee. There's a bitter and/or chemically hint to the now mct oil. On the bright side, if you never use bp mct you likely won't notice it, I only noticed the taste when I went back to now mct oil after my upgraded stuff ran out. On the other hand, I personally do notice significant performance differences between mct oil and brain octane oil, but that might just be because of how crappy a position my health started from (still 95 lbs overweight, but down 25 lbs so far, so doing well). Since I do notice decent cognitive effects from the brain octane, I just use that now. Once I lose another 50-60 lbs I plan on switching back to bp mct to see if I still notice cognitive benefits from the brain octane oil. if I remember,  will update you guys at that point.

• I've tried both upgraded mct and now mct (used them both for multiple months) and I can say I don't notice much, if any, performance difference between the two, but the upgraded one definitely tastes way better in my coffee. There's a bitter and/or chemically hint to the now mct oil. On the bright side, if you never use bp mct you likely won't notice it, I only noticed the taste when I went back to now mct oil after my upgraded stuff ran out. On the other hand, I personally do notice significant performance differences between mct oil and brain octane oil, but that might just be because of how crappy a position my health started from (still 95 lbs overweight, but down 25 lbs so far, so doing well). Since I do notice decent cognitive effects from the brain octane, I just use that now. Once I lose another 50-60 lbs I plan on switching back to bp mct to see if I still notice cognitive benefits from the brain octane oil. if I remember,  will update you guys at that point.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Upgraded MCT better than Brain Octane for weight loss?

• I've used both and didn't notice much of a difference. I will keep using the BP stuff as it just seems like a better quality.

- Dan
    ★彡On the path of optimal health...... B)
    ★"Keeping it real"★
    Love to learn, study and apply Nutrition, Health and Athleticism for a Superhuman Life.

• It could be better for weight loss, I'm not sure. The effects I notice are cognitive, not necessarily weight  loss. My brain seems to work better when I use brain octane oil;) My friends that are relatively healthy haven't noticed any difference when I fed it to them though.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Upgraded MCT better than Brain Octane for weight loss?

• Bulletproof MCT oil is by far better then NOW MCT, in quality, focus and in taste! Don't compromise by going for something cheaper. You get what you pay for!

I would be willing to bet a fair amount of money that if we sent you unbranded, generic bottles one at a time and then asked you which was which, you'd have no idea. I've repeatedly tested Upgraded MCT oil versus Upgraded Brain Octane oil versus NOW MCT oil. I don't feel a difference regardless of which I use. If I felt like my brain functioned better on Brain oil, I'd get that and pay for it. But I see no difference.

• rstrauserrstrauser
    edited July 2016

Quest MCT OIL Powder 

C8 = 67%

C10 = 33%

16oz  - 50 servings per container - $30. 

NOW brand

C8 = 65%

C10 = 33-35% 

Will have negligible Lauric acid

32oz  - 63 servings per container- $15 - $20

XCT - 

C8 = ?

C10 = ?

32oz - 64 servings per container - $30

Brain Octaine

C8 = 100%

32oz - 64 servings per container  - $46

Per site.: Your liver does not need to process this rare type of MCT, and it only takes 3 steps for your body to turn it into ATP, the cellular fuel you use