Nuclear Power Plants And Coal Power (Living Next To: Radiation And Poisoning)

This is a very important topic. These things can do a serious amount of damage. I even go so far as to research and cross reference these 2 maps for the places I am going to visit and the places I order from. 

Very paranoid and cautious about these.

You don't know the long term effects of these 100 years down for you and your genetic family line.

Study (few of many)

A British study recently found that men exposed to low levels of radiation at a single nuclear power plant had a higher than expected number of children with leukemia.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/01/12/study-child-leukemia-doubles-near-nuclear-power-plants/

Comments

• today, i was speaking with a very knowledgable person who works in the supplement department at my local co op and a friend.  they both mentioned what a significant effect chernobyl still has on any european meat and dairy, including kerrygold.  also, seaweed is very questionable at best. 

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Go nuclear free New Zealand butter!

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Try living in Australia. The hole in the ozone layer is thanks to all the atomic testing they did here decades ago. Is our high rates of skin cancer due to a hole in the ozone, or due to 1000 different nuclear devices being tested here? Or both?

Otherwise, it's a badass place to live!

No sorcery, just science. 

• Try living in Australia. The hole in the ozone layer is thanks to all the atomic testing they did here decades ago. Is our high rates of skin cancer due to a hole in the ozone, or due to 1000 different nuclear devices being tested here? Or both?

Otherwise, it's a badass place to live!

Except they stole all of your guns, and now they are implementing a "carbon tax" (aka theft). The best part of it is, if you are a server at a restaurant (as example) it would be ILLEGAL for you to tell the costumer their food is more expensive because of the new tax. ILLEGAL. 

I would like to visit though.

Except they stole all of your guns, and now they are implementing a "carbon tax" (aka theft). The best part of it is, if you are a server at a restaurant (as example) it would be ILLEGAL for you to tell the costumer their food is more expensive because of the new tax. ILLEGAL. 

I would like to visit though.

That's a little bit bullshit. Most places jacked their prices (taxi's were the first!) without even knowing how much it cost them, told the customer "carbon tax" and just put the excess in their pockets. A lot of fuckery involved with the carbon tax in Aus.

Tops place to come to though... A few of you guys should come for a BP trip!

And you won't need to pack your butter or vitamins - I'll already have it all! ;)

• I would only come if I could bring my Crocodile Dundee knife and hat.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I would only come if I could bring my Crocodile Dundee knife and hat.

=====

Don't worry, they hand them out at customs as you enter the country. It's a legal requirement to wear them at all times!