Newb Here... Supplement Questions

CzechCzarCzechCzar
edited April 2013 in The Bulletproof Diet

Hi all,

First posting here.  Big thanks to all for the wealth of information contained here.

I am doing bulletproof intermittent fasting,  BP coffee, approximately 1.5 tbsp grass fed butter, and 2+ tbsp. MCT oil in the morning.  I eat from 2 - 8 pm, all veggies, fruits, grass fed lamb and beef, and fat, of course.  The diet is working wonders.

In terms of supplementation I am currently taking:

• Source Naturals, MegaFolinic, 800 mcg, 120 Tablets(SNS-02028) - ONE TABLET PER DAY

• Jarrow Formulas, Methyl B-12, 5000 mcg, 60 Lozenges(JRW-18004) - ONE TABLET PER DAY

• Jarrow Formulas, Zinc Balance, 100 Capsules(JRW-13008) - ONE TABLET PER DAY

• Life Extension, Super Selenium Complex, 100 Veggie Caps(LEX-17781) - ONE TABLET PER DAY

• Now Foods, Vitamin A, 10,000 IU, 100 Softgels(NOW-00330) - ONE TABLET PER DAY WITH A MEAL

• Jarrow Formulas, Krill Oil, 60 Softgels(JRW-16027) - ONE TABLET IN MORNING WITH COFFEE

• Life Extension, Sea-Iodine, 1000 mcg, 60 Capsules(LEX-15346) - ONE TABLET PER DAY

• Life Extension, Super K with Advanced K2 Complex, 90 Softgels(LEX-17249) - ONE TABLET IN MORNING WITH COFFEE

• Natural Vitality, Natural Calm, The Anti-Stress Drink, Sweet Lemon Flavor, 16 oz (453 g)(PTG-00014) FOUR TBSP WITH WATER IN EVENING

• Nature's Answer, Vitamin D-3 Drops, 4000 IU, 15 ml(NTA-26132) - (2 drops per serving) FOUR DROPS IN MORNING WITH WATER

• Nature Made, Vitamin C Chewable Tablet, 500 mg - ONE TABLET PER DAY

For reference,I am a 28 year old, 200 lb., 6' tall male.  I stopped working out prior to entering ketosis, and plan to resume once I know it’s safe.  I eat all green in terms of the diet charts...  the worst I have is nigiri sushi / sashimi (with no soy sauce) a couple times per week, and blackberries / raspberries a couple times a week.  I have lost a lot of weight in the one week I’ve been doing the diet, and I am feeling great.  

My questions for you:

• Should I change any of the brands of my supplements?

• Should I add / take away any supplements?  I am thinking I should up the vitamin C and add in Charcoal, but I don’t know much about it

• I have been having loose stools over the past couple days...  I think this is due to the Natural Calm...  I wake up in the middle of the night having to use the restroom.  The recommended dose is 2 rounded tablespoons, but Dave says on his recommendations to use 4.

Comments

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

Hi all,

First posting here.  Big thanks to all for the wealth of information contained here.

I am doing bulletproof intermittent fasting,  BP coffee, approximately 1.5 tbsp grass fed butter, and 2+ tbsp. MCT oil in the morning.  I eat from 2 - 8 pm, all veggies, fruits, grass fed lamb and beef, and fat, of course.  The diet is working wonders.

In terms of supplementation I am currently taking:

• Source Naturals, MegaFolinic, 800 mcg, 120 Tablets(SNS-02028) - ONE TABLET PER DAY

• Jarrow Formulas, Methyl B-12, 5000 mcg, 60 Lozenges(JRW-18004) - ONE TABLET PER DAY

• Jarrow Formulas, Zinc Balance, 100 Capsules(JRW-13008) - ONE TABLET PER DAY

• Life Extension, Super Selenium Complex, 100 Veggie Caps(LEX-17781) - ONE TABLET PER DAY

• Now Foods, Vitamin A, 10,000 IU, 100 Softgels(NOW-00330) - ONE TABLET PER DAY WITH A MEAL

• Jarrow Formulas, Krill Oil, 60 Softgels(JRW-16027) - ONE TABLET IN MORNING WITH COFFEE

• Life Extension, Sea-Iodine, 1000 mcg, 60 Capsules(LEX-15346) - ONE TABLET PER DAY

• Life Extension, Super K with Advanced K2 Complex, 90 Softgels(LEX-17249) - ONE TABLET IN MORNING WITH COFFEE

• Natural Vitality, Natural Calm, The Anti-Stress Drink, Sweet Lemon Flavor, 16 oz (453 g)(PTG-00014) FOUR TBSP WITH WATER IN EVENING

• Nature's Answer, Vitamin D-3 Drops, 4000 IU, 15 ml(NTA-26132) - (2 drops per serving) FOUR DROPS IN MORNING WITH WATER

• Nature Made, Vitamin C Chewable Tablet, 500 mg - ONE TABLET PER DAY

For reference,I am a 28 year old, 200 lb., 6' tall male.  I stopped working out prior to entering ketosis, and plan to resume once I know it’s safe.  I eat all green in terms of the diet charts...  the worst I have is nigiri sushi / sashimi (with no soy sauce) a couple times per week, and blackberries / raspberries a couple times a week.  I have lost a lot of weight in the one week I’ve been doing the diet, and I am feeling great.  

My questions for you:

• Should I change any of the brands of my supplements?

• Should I add / take away any supplements?  I am thinking I should up the vitamin C and add in Charcoal, but I don’t know much about it

• I have been having loose stools over the past couple days...  I think this is due to the Natural Calm...  I wake up in the middle of the night having to use the restroom.  The recommended dose is 2 rounded tablespoons, but Dave says on his recommendations to use 4.

I started taking 1g of vitamin c in the morning and 1g at night a few weeks ago and that alone has had a noticeable positive effect on my sleep and energy levels. i'd definitely suggest upping to at least 2gs since you also have 40 lbs on me. I have charcoal and i really only use it after garbage food or alcohol, not so much on a daily basis. what kind of mct oil? other than that it looks like you're doing great. glad to hear you're having success with the diet and supplement regimen.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• Hey, thanks very much for the reply.  The MCT oil I use is the bulletproof MCT oil.

It's funny, over the weekend I was sick, so I upped my vitamin c intake to two 500 mg tablets with lunch, and two with dinner.  I got better really fast ;D

• i would up the vit C and ease into the magnesium