Bulletproof Stir-Fry - Boom!

MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Alright you dirty bitches, it's been a while since the last recipe, I figured you deserve another one...

Let's get down to business, I don't got time to play around, what is this?

Shopping List:

Diced grass-fed beef - I dare you to pick beef heart ;)

Carrots

Asparagus

Broccoli

Red cabbage

Cauliflower

Avocados

Raw cashews

Ginger

Fresh coriander/cilantro - whole bunch, with the roots attached.

Fresh basil

Coconut aminos

Raw honey (optional for those cutting carbs)

Red thai 'bullet' chillis (optional for those dropping nightshades)

Shit you should already have:

Ghee

Butter

Pink himalayan rock salt

Apple cider vinegar

Turmeric - if you don't keep stock of this, slap yourself and then order some.

Mise-en-place:

Finely grate/chop 3T ginger into a mortar & pestle. Clean the roots of the coriander bunch, chop finely and put into the mortar & pestle too. Chop 2-5 of the bullet chillis finely also. Add 1t of pink salt into the mix and grind those flavours together, son. Add a dash of coconut aminos to help pull it all together as a paste. Once you've got that, add in another 3T of coconut aminos + 2T vinegar + 2T honey and mix it up. Pour it all over the beef and leave it in an airtight container over night in your fridge. If you need more to cover the beef, make more. 

Cut all the cauliflower florets off the stem. Set them aside.

Top & tail your carrots, then cut them up. Thin cuts here. Thinner = less cooking time.

Snap the bottoms of your asparagus off. Chop into inch long peices. 

Shred the cabbage with a mandolin. 

Split the broccoli into florets. 

Dice your avocados and drizzle with vinegar to stop them oxidising. 

Roughly chop the coriander leaves into a bowl, tear the basil leaves into it (or chiffonade them if you're a wanker) and add a good handful of cashews to this bowl.

Method:

Rice your cauliflower in a blender. Put it into your wok on med-low heat so we can evaporate some water out of it. This should take 5-10 minutes, stir it around every minute or two. Then add in a cap of vinegar, a good pinch of salt, a bit of butter, and at least 1t of Turmeric. Mix it all up until the butter has melted and then set it aside.

Turn the heat up on the wok to medium to med-high. I know it's not too bulletproof, but we're shortening the cooking time to get it all done quick. Add in your meat with the marinade. Once it's hit med-rare, take it out (with most of the marinade) and set it aside.

1T ghee up your work and now the carrots go in, cook them for 2-3 minutes.

Add the asparagus on top, give it a good mix, then let them cook for another 2-3 minutes.

Broccoli now, mix, and let them for another 2-3 minutes. Might need a little more ghee by this point.

Cabbage, mix, and cook for 2-3 minutes. 

Throw the meat back in with the marinade. Toss that wok, son!

Get your plates ready with some cauliflower rice.

Add the coriander/basil/cashew mix and toss the wok again for about 30 seconds, just to make sure they're all mixed in, and then take it off heat and add your stir fry on top of the rice. Put some avocado on top. BOOM!

Notes:

A less BP alternative to cooking the meat is to do them on high heat, in batches, with only a little bit of the marinade. Then add in the remaining marinade at the end when you put the meat back in.

With some meals that require different timings, like this one and the rice, I will pre-heat the oven to 90C/195F and just leave plates in there for 10-15 minutes so they don't cool down on the bench. So once you've made the rice, put a bowl of it into the oven and start with the meat. 

Garlic paste tends to work very well as a 'base' for curry pastes, but typically we don't use them here. You could easily add in 2T to the marinade.

No sorcery, just science. 

Comments