Creatine Dosage

I recall seeing some on this forum advocating significantly-higher creatine intake than most recommend.  Could anyone explain creatine dosage to me?  I'm ~80kilo's, train daily (anabolic training for the most part at this point, have dramatically reduced aerobic work), and am already 'on' creatine at maybe 5-10g/day.  Thanks!

Comments

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

Ugh, worn out topic.   :P

Just go read the old threads on it.  There are plenty.  5-10 g/day is fine.

60g/day?  Holy...

I thought he recommended more like 20.  I find 10-20 is best for me and 5g on inactive days.

Interesting to know you purchased his CBL guide - he shits on crossfit so much I might have guessed you wouldn't like Kiefer.  I've been looking into the shockwave protocol recently.

• Interesting to know you purchased his CBL guide - he shits on crossfit so much I might have guessed you wouldn't like Kiefer.  I've been looking into the shockwave protocol recently.

I don't like him because the photos of him floating around the internet are photoshoped, and I hate BS like that.

• I don't like him because the photos of him floating around the internet are photoshoped, and I hate BS like that.

^anytime I find a single piece of 'that' type of BS about a person, they're usually 100% lost in my eyes!  Really wish it wasn't so goddamn prevalent in such a vital area as nutrition/sports physiology (in entertainment?  sure, it's about entertaining - but health/fitness are important topics and it's sad there's so much garbage :( )

60g/day...?  Seeing crap like that just makes me more confused.. If we take as granted the 3g/serving rule-of-thumb wrt digestion-ability, how does that even make sense?  (although I should note that I'm really, really starting to doubt the "per serving" limitation gospel, after having read things to the contrary the other day..)

• ok thnx, guess I was hoping for more precision but my understanding of this is that it's kinda guesswork/ hit/miss type science still at this point (sadly, considering how widely studied it seems to be!  I'm about halfway through reading a huuuuge writeup on creatine right now, will update this thread if I find anything useful :) )

This is a biohacking forum.  Creatine is good stuff and works.  Experiment on yourself with it to see what works for you.

• lol i love how ppl act when something isn't easily-answerable!

• jason, let's have some more fun w/ #'s here - what's your guess on "creatine expenditure" from a "normal", 45min long squatting session?  ie, if one were taking 5g/d to maintain levels, how much would they add after the 45min 'expenditure'?

('after' is a misnomer there, as my understanding is it's pretty irrelevant when you actually consume the creatine, but for calculating someone's daily or weekly intakes, it'd clearly be hugely variable based on amount of anaerobic work done yknow?)

weigh your first PWO turd.  divide by 7 and take that in grams.

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

You wankers. I love it! 

No sorcery, just science.