Upgraded Coffee Sustainability?

Hi!

I'm currently using a high end single origin coffee (water processed) from a local coffee roaster (Lund, Sweden) that's really nice. I would however like to try the Upgraded Coffee from Bulletproofexec. The problem is that the coffee is quite expensive when shipping to Sweden/Europe is taken into account.

If I order the 5 lbs bag it'll actually be cheaper than my local high end brand, but I'm worried that the upgraded coffee will spoil when I only use about 0.5-06 lbs/week. The whole point with high end coffee is to have unspoiled high quality goods..

Any ideas how long the 5 lbs bag will keep fresh when stored properly? Also how should one store it the best way possible?

Thanks.

/eric

Comments

• Idk if you've seen this article http://www.bulletproofexec.com/3-steps-to-finding-the-highest-performance-coffee-in-your-city/, but it would seem that you have some pretty high quality stuff, although i'm not sure why it's so expensive. I'm American, and we generally don't understand anything that happens outside the US, so not my fault Lol.

I personally purchase high-quality green beans and roast them myself. It's so cheap that way. $5/lbs. which is cheaper than the crappy super market coffee and 10X better.

A quote that Dave sent me in reply to something I posted about coffee in the above article.

"Whole roasted beans are good for much longer, especially the way we pack them (properly vented bags with a 1-way valve), and we ship right after roasting to keep it fresh"

As far as storing them, I don't think there is a magic bullet, just keep them in those bags and limit their exposure to the open air, that's what makes them stale.
  • 'Mark' wrote:

Idk if you've seen this article http://www.bulletpro...e-in-your-city/, but it would seem that you have some pretty high quality stuff, although i'm not sure why it's so expensive. I'm American, and we generally don't understand anything that happens outside the US, so not my fault Lol.

I personally purchase high-quality green beans and roast them myself. It's so cheap that way. $5/lbs. which is cheaper than the crappy super market coffee and 10X better.

A quote that Dave sent me in reply to something I posted about coffee in the above article.

"Whole roasted beans are good for much longer, especially the way we pack them (properly vented bags with a 1-way valve), and we ship right after roasting to keep it fresh"

As far as storing them, I don't think there is a magic bullet, just keep them in those bags and limit their exposure to the open air, that's what makes them stale.

Thanks a lot for your answer, Mark.

The expensive part is the international shipping, I think it's around $45 to ship the $75 pack to Sweden. I should probably stick with the local coffee (it's indeed good quality), would be fun to test the actual bulletproof recipe though. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

And maybe I should look into roasting the beans my self.. thanks a lot for your reply!
  • Freezer in a plastic bag is best.
  • I think you are better off sticking with your local options. (And I don't know about Sweden, but in Germany I can import 1 kg / 2 lbs of roasted coffee fre of charge, for any amount over that it'll be a run to the postal customs office and paying whatever they see fit for importing roasted coffee (there is a special tax for roasted coffee, and then they will ask for additional sales taxes / import VAT or something like this).