Rice Cake + Butter = "bread&butter" Taste...

try it......

Thoughts on glycated sugars (AGEs) in the (slightly brown) rice cakes?  Rice cakes better to avoid for any reason?

Thanks.

Comments

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.
    edited April 2013

I've been toying with the thought of incorporating rice cakes into my diet but every time I look at the food label I am reminded that they are basically just air.

If its not dense in either macronutrients or micronutrients I typically avoid it.  Just my rule of thumb.

• I'm surprised how sweet brown-rice cakes taste...... Using Lundberg organic, plain, unsalted cakes.... I double-checked the label to make sure there was nothing added.

• the high temperatures that puffed grains are exposed to creates toxins.  grains need a lot of water and preparation to be digestable

• THe one thing that finally got me hooked was not drugs, alcohol or cheap women. It was damn ricecakes... THEY ARE ADDICTIVE! 

So is butter and ricecakes cool? Man I just could not imagine it.

• tastes great...just like bread & butter... from what I can remember -- haven't eaten wheat-bread in years.

toxins...yeah I think rice cakes are probably less than ideal......but I'm willing to compromise.....

• I wouldn't go too crazy on the rice cakes due to their addictive qualities, as we see above. As a treat every once in a while they should be fine, though.

Jake

My Fitness and Nutrition Blog: http://JJStrength.com

• seeing as we're ignoring the toxicity, they taste great toasted!

• I wouldn't go too crazy on the rice cakes due to their addictive qualities, as we see above. As a treat every once in a while they should be fine, though.

Jake

I AM NOT AN ADDICT MAN! I just... Like to sit in a small, confined space, surrounded by stacks of rice cakes, eating in total silence...