Amount Of Fat Required For Women?

Hi Everyone,

I finished reading the article about how Paleo and Intermittent Fasting is a bad combination for women the way it's regularly done(16 hour fast, 8 hour eating window).  Bulletproof coffee and getting enough fat in our diets while IFing is the best way to prevent any of the bad symptoms that are typically experienced by woman attempting IF.

I was wondering if anyone here has come across articles or research reports that have studied in more depth on the amount of fat that a female body needs to prevent hormonal imbalances while IFing.

It's unclear whether Bulletproof coffee is enough to offset the chance of hormonal imbalances as Dave's article never highlights the amount of fat that women should be getting in order to be healthy.

If anyone know's the recommended # of grams of fat that a woman should get in their diets daily, please let me know.

Thanks,

livepure

Comments

• I don't have a great response, because it's very individual. I would say experiment. If you aren't hungry with the amount of fat you're eating, then it should be fine. 

But if you're hungry, tired, foggy, then add more fat.

Could you link the article?

Jake

My Fitness and Nutrition Blog: http://JJStrength.com

• Jason,

Will you please explain what you mean by half your bodyweight/body fat?  Is this subtracting the % of body fat from the # of pounds you weigh to arrive at the # of grams of fat you need?  and eat half of that?

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭

^ That's how I read it as well.

• RodRod The Rodfather

From what I understand, the hormone imbalance comes from the excess pressure on the adrenals (ketosis). To play it safe, just do some IF 2-3 times a week, see how your body feels. Don't go balls to the wall, just load up as much fat as you need, 60-70% of your calories! 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• From what I understand, the hormone imbalance comes from the excess pressure on the adrenals (ketosis). To play it safe, just do some IF 2-3 times a week, see how your body feels. Don't go balls to the wall, just load up as much fat as you need, 60-70% of your calories! 

Yes, what Rod said. Fat should be about 60 to 70% of your total calories in grams. Total calories being net daily calories (maintenance minus caloric reduction to lose weight = net daily calories).

Guilia Hernandez

• Do morning BPC, break fast with fat proteins and low-starchy veggies around 11-12, then have a diner with fats proteins and low starch fruits (berries).

• 1st rule of the fight club, it is nutritional ketosis (you're hypercaloric), not ketosis (you're in starvation)
    • 2nd rule of the fight club, have your proteins but in moderation, you do not need much proteins when in NK since ketones are efficient fuel source. (carbs aren't)
    • 3rd rule of the fight club, eat your fats until you feel satiated. If you don't, you're metabolism will decrease because you'll be in ketosis (starvation=>cortisol=> increase body fat because not real starvation), not in NK and you'll put on body fat. Hence it is not a matter of counting calories, it is a matter of doing as per what you body tells you. (that one is pretty hard to get especially for girls when you've experienced the increased body fat when being hypercaloric on a carbs fueled diet)
    • 4th rule of the fight club, check best times to eat most of your fats. I do not have a clear rule on that one. For me, eating most of them throughout the day means building lean body mass, eating them close to diner time means leaning down.
    • 5th rule of the fight club, carbs are not evil, there are just inefficient fuel source. The good thing is they help mobilizing body fat by speeding up metabolism through insulin spikes! Do not forget to spike your insulin with starchy carbs at least once a week (yep, that's what insulin is for, speed up your metabolism to get read of excess). See Carb Night solution from DH Kiefer for more.