Imitation The Best Form Of Flattery?

Hi Guys,

Don't know if anyone else has seen this but there is a cafe in Sydney in the MLC centre food court selling their version of bulletproof coffee ("mountain coffee"). Do you think that its ripping off the idea or is imitation the best form of flattery? Note that they're not using upgraded coffee beans...

thr1ve.png

www.optimoz.com.au

Upgraded products for Aussies AND NOW NZ!!

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

From what I remember, Bulletproof Coffee is a rip off of something Dave tried in the mountains. I'd stick with the title of your thread. Flattery ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• The story goes like: Dave is for some strange reason walking around in the mountains. The mountains are mega freezy.. Dave is like ''Oooooooo, I am cold! THIS IS NOT ANY THING LIKE CALIFORNIA!'' and then he walked into a monastery, where a magic magician buddha-man gave him a cup of buttered tea (I am quite sure it was not coffee). Being the man Dave is, he properly thought that this was pretty awesome and then decided to do his own research.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    Maybe they're afraid of being sued? Next time I'm at MLC I'm going to go there and order a "Bulletproof Coffee" with a wink.
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Good things get copied and renamed. Rarely better than the original.

Maybe we should be heading up those mountains looking for the original ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• BP MOUNTAIN EXPEDITION! 

Did you know that it is common for mountain climbers to consume entire sticks of butter while climbing because the thermodynamic load is so substantial that the rate of energy usage necessitates this.   

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

Seeing this a lot now.  I even saw an article in a huge mainstream health magazine that was promoting fasting and talking about having only "buttered" coffee in the AM.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

Me to, posted a pic from Men's Fitness Mag about a high fat diet and contain 'Buttered Coffee'.

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/3394-mens-fitness-renames-bulletproof-coffee/

Heard about arctic explorers doing the same regarding eating sticks of butter to get calories in.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

I was just at MLC and ordered one of these. I asked for a Bulletproof Coffee a few times, but they didn't understand. "Ohhhh you call it Mountain Coffee! One of those please!"

Then I asked to have 2 tablespoons of MCT in it - they were going to charge me an extra $3 for that. Fair enough I guess, that stuff ain't cheap.

It's a poor imitation really. They had spreadable butter - I couldn't see what brand it was, but I'm sure they do something to it to make it spreadable.

Plus they used a blended coffee. Tut tut! Totally not Bulletproof! Perhaps that's why they don't call it Bulletproof Coffee ;-)

I just thought, MCT is made from coconut oil. How many fucking mountains have coconuts growing up them? :-D

Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch about the coconut shells...

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

This is bullshit. It's a blatant knock-off. Looks like I've got to hurry up and get the real thing organised!

No sorcery, just science.