Vlcd Metabolic Damage-Advice Please

Hey,

I am just starting on the bulletproof intermittent fasting with the hope of losing a fair amount of weight, the problem is, I have been trying to lose weight for a while, using the worst kind of methods. Exercise 5 times per week with below 1000 calories a day, and not losing the amount of weight I should have. By a long shot. These diets were unbalanced with carbs and protein and really low fat. My endocrine system has really been struggling. I am not sure what I should do, whether I should shoot right into the intermittent fast, hold it for a month and see what happens, or try a few weeks just following the plain bulletproof diet without the fast.

Any recommendations?

Also, my hunger signals are not very good at all. I hardly ever get them, or I dont get any until quite late in the day. I suspect this will not be ideal if one wanted to do the bulletproof protocol based around their bodies signals (or lack thereof).

Again, any advice?

How long will it take for my body to regulate itself better and get back into a more optimal fat burning state?

Thanks very much,

Kit

Comments

• you might want to try BP diet for a week first to get used to it before trying IF. Although, once you start drinking BP Coffee regularly, you naturally start doing IF, at least I do anyways. I just don't feel the need to eat breakfast when drinking BP Coffee. I sometimes force myself to eat breakfast just so I won't IF everyday.
  • I agree, Just do the BP diet, maybe have a small breakfast with a cup of BP coffee a little lower on the fat side in the coffee just so you can also eat breakfast.

IFing is great, BP IFing is better, but when you are a total metabolic wreck it can be bad.
  • I agree with Trevor and Mark, Start with the least shocking approach. Use the standard BP diet to regulate nutrient deficiencies, correct you endocrine system and control appetite. Sounds to me that your metabolic efficiency (how well your adjust from burning fat to burning glucose and vice versa) is in poor shape. Don't worry. Over time you will have it worked out, so be patient.

Good luck!
  • Okay, thanks guys, do you have any recommendations about worrying about calories or not with the BP diet? At least right now. Because the last thing I need is to gain MORE weight.
  • 'kitty' wrote:

Okay, thanks guys, do you have any recommendations about worrying about calories or not with the BP diet? At least right now. Because the last thing I need is to gain MORE weight.

Kit - Just get transitioned to the food and forget about counting calories.

Good health!
  • Thanks so much ejmkaizen. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />