Help - My Weight Keeps Bouncing Back And Forth - Brain Fog :o(

Hey Everyone,

I've been off and on with the bulletproof diet over the past couple months but I am now really trying to buckle down. My daily intake looks something like this:

Breakfast:

Ginger Tea w/ 2tbsp KG Butter, 1TBSP of local honey for allergies and 1 TBSP of coconut oil

Lunch:

Romaine Lettuce w/ some protein, 1tbsp of KG Butter and vinegar/oil for dressing

or

3 Egg Yolks, protein, either turkey, bacon if I have the money.

Dinner:

GF Beef, Sockeye salmon, chicken, or pork. Usually a lot of chicken cuz of the price w/ veggies  :(

I make sure to cook everything on very low temps and stay away from browning.

Results:

I noticed in the morning, with the tea, my vision is a little grainy and I often get the sweats. I find myself still wanting to eat something about 2h later. The afternoon meal seems to satisfy me much more and I can easily hold off until dinner. After dinner, I am set for the rest of the night and not as "on edge". I noticed my weight fluctuating from a low of 195 to a high of 200 and it just bounces back and forth. Am I completely missing the boat here? Do I need to make some radical changes to my current consumption?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Hey Everyone,

I've been off and on with the bulletproof diet over the past couple months but I am now really trying to buckle down. My daily intake looks something like this:

Breakfast:

Ginger Tea w/ 2tbsp KG Butter, 1TBSP of local honey for allergies and 1 TBSP of coconut oil

Lunch:

Romaine Lettuce w/ some protein, 1tbsp of KG Butter and vinegar/oil for dressing

or

3 Egg Yolks, protein, either turkey, bacon if I have the money.

Dinner:

GF Beef, Sockeye salmon, chicken, or pork. Usually a lot of chicken cuz of the price w/ veggies  :(

I make sure to cook everything on very low temps and stay away from browning.

Results:

I noticed in the morning, with the tea, my vision is a little grainy and I often get the sweats. I find myself still wanting to eat something about 2h later. The afternoon meal seems to satisfy me much more and I can easily hold off until dinner. After dinner, I am set for the rest of the night and not as "on edge". I noticed my weight fluctuating from a low of 195 to a high of 200 and it just bounces back and forth. Am I completely missing the boat here? Do I need to make some radical changes to my current consumption?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You're not getting any carbs. How long have you been low carb? A lot of paleo supporters suggest having some carbs to optimize leptin levels, which are responsible for hunger satiety. You could start experimenting with carb levels. Maybe raise your intake to about 30-50gs a day and go from there. If that doesn't work try a refeed day, ranging from 100-200gs once a week, and keep it at the 30-50g range the rest of the week. If that still doesn't work, raise the amounts a little higher, or have 2 carb refeeds a week.

• @gamebounty - I have been trying to follow low-carb for quite a long time. Should the carbs be reserved for the evening or maybe try it mid-day?

@Jason Miller - I was using the honey for sweetener as well bit i'll take it out of the AM tea and just enjoy the ginger and butter haha. I'll try doubling the butter/oil as well to see what happens. I use olive oil on the salad but I will definitely see if I can pick up some avacoda oil this Friday. Thanks!

• @gamebounty - I have been trying to follow low-carb for quite a long time. Should the carbs be reserved for the evening or maybe try it mid-day?

@Jason Miller - I was using the honey for sweetener as well bit i'll take it out of the AM tea and just enjoy the ginger and butter haha. I'll try doubling the butter/oil as well to see what happens. I use olive oil on the salad but I will definitely see if I can pick up some avacoda oil this Friday. Thanks!

Dave suggests eating most of the carbs toward the end of the day, so eat them with dinner ideally. I guess it helps with sleep.