Daily Bowel Movement?

StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
Check out this very comprehensive site I found about bowel health: http://www.gutsense.org/

Apparently, if you're not crapping at least daily, you might have an issue to fix. With all the glutathione and other supps we all take, it doesn't seem very bulletproof to clean up all those toxins but then leave them for a couple of days in your bowel!

He mentions a few good points, including:

- too much fibre can be bad

- important to sort out your gut flora

- eating fat is good for your bowels

- and he has a Glutamine protocol

This almost seems to be a gap in the bulletproof world. There's a lot to read; hope some of you find it useful.

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    Another reason to do Dave's salt in the morning routine:

"Finally, the large intestine recovers sodium chloride — table salt in plain English — back from stools. Salt is needed body-wide to keep blood adequately salty, to prevent edema, to avoid dehydration, to make sweat, and to synthesize hydrochloric acid for gastric digestion. If you don‘t consume enough salt, stools get dehydrated even faster thanks to the intense recovery of this precious sodium chloride from the large intestine."
    This guy should be a guest on the podcast!

http://youtu.be/WQaBG1q2oEI

Does anyone know what is the optimal pooing frequency?

I'd agree with that. You don't want bits of food coming out still recognisable!

I mean the frequency of actually sitting down for a crap. Someone at work mentioned they only go once per week! :shock:

It made me think, what should be the optimal frequency? Some doctors online recommend going after each meal, others once per day. Every 2 days and beyond seems unhealthy to me.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

I'd agree with that. You don't want bits of food coming out still recognisable!

I mean the frequency of actually sitting down for a crap. Someone at work mentioned they only go once per week! :shock:

It made me think, what should be the optimal frequency? Some doctors online recommend going after each meal, others once per day. Every 2 days and beyond seems unhealthy to me.

I just wrote a blog post about constipation and it's ill effects. I think that everyone is different, but the best amounts of deification per week would be 1-2 daily. If you go every three days then you are constipated. Jason's timed poops are also important, your body digestion is in tune if you go at the same time every day.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

I just wrote a blog post about constipation and it's ill effects. I think that everyone is different, but the best amounts of deification per week would be 1-2 daily. If you go every three days then you are constipated. Jason's timed poops are also important, your body digestion is in tune if you go at the same time every day.

=====

Cool I'll have a look! I think its something to get fixed before doing any of these other fancy detox protocols. Why spend so much on glutathione or anything else to detoxify, if its just going to sit in your bowel and potentially reabsorb?

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

I have 1-2 times daily. Normal consistency. I only have digestion problems when I drink alcohol or I'm socially forced to eat a "balanced" diet and much fruit and yogurt makes my guts upset and gives me loose stools. But with my normal eating habits it's all right. It's scary though that some of my friends have diarrhea daily and they don't think it's a problem. :S

What causes constipation on a BP diet? Besides the obvious charcoal and dark chocolate.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Another reason to do Dave's salt in the morning routine:

"Finally, the large intestine recovers sodium chloride — table salt in plain English — back from stools. Salt is needed body-wide to keep blood adequately salty, to prevent edema, to avoid dehydration, to make sweat, and to synthesize hydrochloric acid for gastric digestion. If you don‘t consume enough salt, stools get dehydrated even faster thanks to the intense recovery of this precious sodium chloride from the large intestin

I have 1-2 times daily. Normal consistency. I only have digestion problems when I drink alcohol or I'm socially forced to eat a "balanced" diet and much fruit and yogurt makes my guts upset and gives me loose stools. But with my normal eating habits it's all right. It's scary though that some of my friends have diarrhea daily and they don't think it's a problem. :S

What causes constipation on a BP diet? Besides the obvious charcoal and dark chocolate.

Well, to overshare some relevant experience: last couple of times I've had constipation (e.g. feels like your 'giving birth' to a Rubik's Cube) were after long periods of sweaty mountain biking for several hours without sufficient water - so dehydration through lack of water intake + salt loss through sweating (I live in Thailand so anything more than a brisk walk brings on a sweat). Usual is normal consistency and daily about an hour after waking.

I guess the future of this element of diet will be pictures and stool 'qualities' measurement but please not yet......maybe some sort of cartoon poo avatars as indicators?

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

High amount of fat, and lack of fiber in some people on the BP will cause constipation. This is usually from the lack of proper gallbladder function that will either cause constipation or bile acid diarrhea.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

High amount of fat, and lack of fiber in some people on the BP will cause constipation. This is usually from the lack of proper gallbladder function that will either cause constipation or bile acid diarrhea.

===== 

That's some good info - any gallbladder hacks?? Other than that Hulda Clark liver cleanse?

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

"Like a smooth, soft sausage or snake" :D :D :D HAHA

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

I always find these topics to be a bit shitty! I'm all for measuring data, but poop? haha

No sorcery, just science. 

That chart only involves looking at it. Tim Ferriss weighed his poo. I don't even want to know...

• How much salt does Dave recommend in the morning? 

Does anyone consistently gets one type of stool? 

Thanks