Thank You For Creating This!

karenkaren "Say your 3 S's: Star, Smile, Strong!"

Hi ladies!

I asked the mods if we could have a space to talk about being BP Women-specific issues and they graciously created this for us!

It's not that I don't personally enjoy all the witty banter and smack talk with the guys, I just know there are some more female oriented topics that I'd love to get some feedback from other women and the guys probably don't want to even see these discussions anyway. :)

So I hope this is a nice place for the ladies to post up any and all questions that may be specific to us.

~karen

Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for asking for this!
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭
    It will be awesome to see how you go, I feel like the blog is heavily focused on men's bodies and sometimes it isn't clear what is safe for a woman to do!
    Makes it hard trying to get the wife to try any of this stuff :-D
  • I am new today!  Anybody doing IF with BulletProof coffee?  I don't quite understand what women should be doing differently than men regarding IF.  Any advice?  I am excited to lose fat, especially waist, hips, butt, saddlebags... you know, the areas most women hate to have extra fat. 

• Grasshopper- I've been eating mostly BP since January, and started the IF (6 days a week) just recently. I had a LOT of gains in January and February - gains in terms of how good I felt and a surprising loss of belly fat... but then I plateaued. I started the IF just a couple weeks ago, and I use Ketosticks to gauge how it's working - and it's working. I'm in Ketosis a lot, and my belly fat is starting to diminish again.

My advice is to stay in the green zone almost all the time. Drink salt water in the AM before rising, as Dave suggests. Make sure your ratios are good, for instance, 60-70 percent of your calories should come from fat (use Myfitnesspal to track until you get the swing of it). I personally use Food Combining rules about 70% of my the time, and I take HCL with meals, since my digestion is very poor.

• Hi ladies!

I asked the mods if we could have a space to talk about being BP Women-specific issues and they graciously created this for us!

It's not that I don't personally enjoy all the witty banter and smack talk with the guys, I just know there are some more female oriented topics that I'd love to get some feedback from other women and the guys probably don't want to even see these discussions anyway. :)

So I hope this is a nice place for the ladies to post up any and all questions that may be specific to us.

~karen

Karen - I just realized - we have an AREA of the forum now - NOW I get it. Thanks for thinking to ask for this : )

• What is everyone's thought on the MCT oil? How much? Do you see a huge difference?

I've been doing IF and BPC (just with butter) for about 6 weeks now and have slowly gained some weight. Do ya'll think adding the MCT oil will help? I am debating buying it!

My ratios are typically 70-75% fat, 5-10% carbs, and 15-20% protein.

• What is everyone's thought on the MCT oil? How much? Do you see a huge difference?

I've been doing IF and BPC (just with butter) for about 6 weeks now and have slowly gained some weight. Do ya'll think adding the MCT oil will help? I am debating buying it!

My ratios are typically 70-75% fat, 5-10% carbs, and 15-20% protein.

Adding MCT will absolutely help. It's great for losing fat. Just Google "MCT fat burning" or "MCT fat loss" and there are a lot of articles about how you relieved liver and the medium chain triglycerides can work wonders for you.

Your ratios look good! I'm curious, how is your digestion? Do you have any symptoms of indigestion? Gas, bloat, burping, etc?

• Adding MCT will absolutely help. It's great for losing fat. Just Google "MCT fat burning" or "MCT fat loss" and there are a lot of articles about how you relieved liver and the medium chain triglycerides can work wonders for you.

Your ratios look good! I'm curious, how is your digestion? Do you have any symptoms of indigestion? Gas, bloat, burping, etc?

Thanks! I really should take the jump :)

My digestion is interesting. I do get bloating after eating just about anything, but WAY less since when I ate a lot of dairy and grains about 6+months ago. No real gas/burping issues though...

• mmejoanna, do you take HCL capsules before your BPC? do you know how to tell if you aren't digesting the fat properly? I suffer from frequent burping, after drinking water or just eating anything, and get incredibly bloated after sugars/starchy carbs. 

And sc7788, my bloating has massively improved without dairy and grains also!

• has anyone done a liver flush/cleanse?

• mmejoanna, do you take HCL capsules before your BPC? do you know how to tell if you aren't digesting the fat properly? I suffer from frequent burping, after drinking water or just eating anything, and get incredibly bloated after sugars/starchy carbs. 

And sc7788, my bloating has massively improved without dairy and grains also!

Not really. BPC seems pretty easy to digest for me now. I had some trouble with it at the start (stomach pains and queasiness) but now I'm used to it and don't feel anything.

• My digestion is interesting. I do get bloating after eating just about anything, but WAY less since when I ate a lot of dairy and grains about 6+months ago. No real gas/burping issues though...

I got more results from this diet after starting IF and making a few changes to help my digestion. The IF itself feels like it's helping my digestion, too... since I get a chance to really "catch up" and clear my digestive tract between days. Then supplementing with HCL and basic food combining.

Some people swear by digestive enzymes or fermented vegetables?"Ron Swanson" wrote a thread in the forums recently about digestion, I'd look at that and just experiment with a few things.

• I

suffer from frequent burping, after drinking water or just eating

anything, and get incredibly bloated after sugars/starchy carbs.

Wow - just really realized you said you get bloated from even drinking water? I read posts from someone with that before, in a forum on another site about fermented veggies. That's intense. I hope you can experiment and figure it out? I'd read "Ron Swanson's" post about digestion and consider all the possibilities.

Do you bloat even when you put salt in your water?

• yeah thanks I've just seen Ron Swanson's post, very informative. Sorry probably wasn't very clear there, i somehow manage to burp/belch even after just drinking water. This seems separate from my bloating issue, which is often lower down in my stomach and not related to the belching. I think they are both symptoms of a wider bacteria problem (i.e. SIBO if you've heard of it), and by cutting out starch i've massively reduced my problems. I still get bloated though and don't know why! not as much however. 

Also (warning - this is not nice) I did try supplementing with betain HCL and pepsin before eating then realised I was eliminating these in my feces, like the whole undigested tablet.... how can this be?!

• yeah thanks I've just seen Ron Swanson's post, very informative. Sorry probably wasn't very clear there, i somehow manage to burp/belch even after just drinking water. This seems separate from my bloating issue, which is often lower down in my stomach and not related to the belching. I think they are both symptoms of a wider bacteria problem (i.e. SIBO if you've heard of it), and by cutting out starch i've massively reduced my problems. I still get bloated though and don't know why! not as much however. 

Also (warning - this is not nice) I did try supplementing with betain HCL and pepsin before eating then realised I was eliminating these in my feces, like the whole undigested tablet.... how can this be?!

Were the pills tablets? I'd try with capsules - tablets are so hard to digest : (