BP Coffee - Third time was NOT a charm!

Made BP coffee on Tuesday, for the first time. Had good beans (single origin, organic, wet-processed, etc), and Kerrygold Unsalted butter. No MCT oil because it hadn't arrived yet. Drank about 16 oz. worth. Felt AMAZING, like energy was coursing through my fingertips. My brain felt alive. I got a lot of work done.

Wednesday, I used my new French Press. My brew was weak. Added MCT oil as well. Still, felt great. Not QUITE as good as the day before, but still good.

Today (Thursday). Made a strong drip brew, added MCT and a good chunk of butter, and a tablespoon of Xylitol. Had about 2 cups worth.

And it knocked me out. Literally. Could not keep my eyes open. Ended up sleeping on the floor of my office (I work from home - self employed) for THREE hours. Felt wiped out afterwards.. both mentally and physically. My wife said maybe I was dehydrated from all the caffeine. I don't know. I do know I'm really bummed. I will be trying this again, but maybe only twice a week... maybe Mondays and Thursdays.

Anyone have any idea why the same brew could have made me feel this way?

Comments

• I take the BP coffee every morning. I believe is a great way to have extra calories from fat. In the changes you posted, the third time you added xilitol, which is on the green side, but not that necessary. Try to take it full fats and black coffee, if possible, measure the ammount of fat you put in tablespoons. Not for the calories, but for the proportion so u learn what is optimal for you. If you want a little sweetness with an extra energy kick, drop in some D-ribose powder on the mix. It will actually sweeten and energize the drink. I add to mine a constant: 3 tablespoons of grassfed ghee, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of macadamia nut oil, 1 tablespoon of MCT oil and some cinamon/ginger on the side. Also a little coconut milk when available. Is very good overall. Maybe add some protein as a side shake (whey). In my experience I tend to be less prone to sleep if I combine Fats/protein together and they are synergistic.
  • ATeam,

I drink BP Coffee every day; I really like it so I find the results of your third day surprising. Here are some potential causes to think about:

-This could be an "induction flu" from going into ketosis and having your body flush toxins if you haven't been in ketosis often recently.

-Are you grinding whole beans at home? This helps keep the mycotoxin levels low, but you also need to keep your grinder clean (sometimes people have old coffee grounds sitting around on their grinder for long periods of time...)

-Were you particularly fatigued on your third day for some other reason?

-If not, it's probably worth testing some of the ingredients individually to see if there is something you're reacting to.