Using Nootropics As A Pre-Workout Stack

So over the past two weeks I've been experimenting with using some of the nootropics I have with a pre-workout drink (White Flood). Before I start talking about my personal experience, I'm going to give my reasoning behind the use of these two Racetams in my workout. 

There's been a couple of studies done with Phenylpiracetam where it was shown to help actually increase overall physical stamina and endurance. There has also been a few incidents where Russian professional athletes were disqualified for using performance enhancers, Phenylpiracetam being one of them. I figured that it must have some shred of truth so I decided to order some capsuled Phenylpiracetam for use while doing various workouts (cardio and resistance).

Oxiracetam has had a few studies that showed it to have helped physical loco-motor activities which lead me to believe that in certain resistance training, cardio workouts, and other various activities (skating, biking, and swimming specifically). I ordered two 30 count bottles of Oxiracetam to give it a try.

The first days using them without the white flood I definitely noticed the claims in regards to Phenylpiracetam specifically. I had initially started working out about an hour after taking the nootropics before I went running. I managed to get a few more laps out than normal in the amount of time I had planned on running. I noticed that while I still felt fatigued, I didn't feel quite as fatigued as normally and considering that I managed to get more laps in. 

The oxiracetam did seem to help me a bit with loco-motor movement, but it wasn't as strongly pronounced as I would have thought. However over the course of the two weeks I was using it I did notice that my movements were becoming a bit more simpler to do and more fluid. 

I'm going to continue using the two in pre-workouts, and if anyone else has done this I'd love to hear how it worked for you and what all you did to help maximize your gains or workout using nootropics. I'll be adding more to this after this third week where I will be using White Flood alongside my stacks.

Comments

• Yeah I am on to something similar with the racetams. It would not surprise me if the effect was in fact very real. 

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

Yea, I had read about the phenylpiracetam getting people DQ'd from professional competitive sports so I figured it must actually be true. What racetams are you using as a pre/post-workout stack?

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭

Did you research the normal pre-workout stimulants in the first place?

The typical stuff you migth want to have: Nitric Oxide (L-Arginine/Citrulline), Creatine, Caffeine, L-Carnitine, BCAAs, Niacin (vasodilator), Alanine.

Seems kinda backwards to start with nootropics. It really is.

You can look into Poliquin's stuff - he does some nootropics as well. Was it Vinpocetine? Not sure - can't remember.

I've been using White Flood for some time before adding these. I wanted to see how they operated alone before thrusting them with the White Flood, tomorrow starts using all of them together. I get what you're saying though, but I felt it was necessary to see how the two would work like alone. 

• what dose did you use?

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I took some alpha brain yesterday afternoon and had the worse nights sleep for months. 44% quality and I'm normally up in the 80s minimum. Woke at 3am and couldn't fall back to sleep. Not much else different with my day really. No alpha brain today, so let's see how I sleep.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

I took 100mg so a single capsule of Neuro Blast. I am considering breaking one open and putting 50mg into a other capsule and see how it works for me. 

Sorry to hear about your Alpha Brain experience, honestly I won't be ever buying another bottle simply because in my eyes it is simply a over-glorified Alpha GPC based proprietary blend. 

• Does anyone have experience stacking Phenylpiracetam with Oxiracetam? I would stack them with Alpha GPC. Have previously tried Aniracetam (great in my language learning classes) and Pramiracetam (extremely motivating) but want to try the abovementioned two for athletic performance in a field sport. I don't want to overdo it with the combos, though, so please let me know if you have stacked Phenyl and Oxi. Thanks!!

Jake George Schuster

BSc, CSCS, CPT

@CoolHandJakeGS

WellTraveledWellness.com 

"No man was ever wise by chance. As long as you live, keep learning how to live". 

--Seneca

• Reviving this thread!  I feel as though mental focus and motivation are my biggest weaknesses during evening workouts (after a stressful day at the office). I plan to start experimenting with nootropics Preworkout to try to hack my afternoon mental fatigue. It seems as though most pre workout supplements focus on metabolic support... the typical caffeine, l-carntine, bcaas, etc as mentioned above.  I haven’t come across many nootropic stacks designed for use as sports supplements. Does anyone have any recommendations here based on what they’ve tried in the past? I was thinking of trying Onnit Alpha Brain. Do you think this makes any sense as a pre workout when stacked alongside some of the "usuals" e.g. caffeine?  Is there anything that you would add to the stack to tailor it more towards supporting strength training? 

Thanks!  

•  

Reviving this thread!  I feel as though mental focus and motivation are my biggest weaknesses during evening workouts (after a stressful day at the office). I plan to start experimenting with nootropics Preworkout to try to hack my afternoon mental fatigue. It seems as though most pre workout supplements focus on metabolic support... the typical caffeine, l-carntine, bcaas, etc as mentioned above.  I haven’t come across many nootropic stacks designed for use as sports supplements. Does anyone have any recommendations here based on what they’ve tried in the past? I was thinking of trying Onnit Alpha Brain. Do you think this makes any sense as a pre workout when stacked alongside some of the "usuals" e.g. caffeine?  Is there anything that you would add to the stack to tailor it more towards supporting strength training? 

Thanks!  

I've found (for me at least) the mother of all pre-workout boosts:

Phenylpiracetam+Bulletproof Coffee (1-2 strong cups)+2 Unfair Advantage.

I can literally workout for hours on this without getting fatigued at all..it's pretty impressive to be honest. -- Worth considering that I also take Upgrading Aging (Oxaloacetate) which is supposed to have an effect on lactic acid buildup but I'd assume the gist of the stack effects are from the above mentioned.

• Andy BoskampAndy Boskamp Andy Boskamp
    edited March 2015

I agree, phenylpiracetam is an awesome pre-workout supplement!

... I wouldn't use it more than 2x/wk, to avoid tolerance.

I've found (for me at least) the mother of all pre-workout boosts:

Phenylpiracetam+Bulletproof Coffee (1-2 strong cups)+2 Unfair Advantage.

I can literally workout for hours on this without getting fatigued at all..it's pretty impressive to be honest. -- Worth considering that I also take Upgrading Aging (Oxaloacetate) which is supposed to have an effect on lactic acid buildup but I'd assume the gist of the stack effects are from the above mentioned.

“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”

- Marcus Aurelius

• riggykriggyk
    edited March 2015

I agree, phenylpiracetam is an awesome pre-workout supplement!

... I wouldn't use it more than 2x/wk, to avoid tolerance.

No doubt!

Shit's intense where I have to take it super early and usually a GABA just to get any sleep by like midnight.

• edited March 2015

I've used piracetam pre workout and it seems to increase my focus. 

I haven't used nootropics pre workout in a while as I've been happy with my caffeine + alcar basic pwo stack.

EDIT - The one time I tried a trial of two packs worth of unfair advantage, after I took 4 bottles I would go crazy in the gym.  I almost forgot about that.... I would be taking ua everyday if it was not cost prohibitive.

3nergy & Matter

I love music

• I started using Oxiracetam in my preworkout stack (listed below ) and have noticed a slight to moderate difference in my focus. I crossfit and run 4-5 times a week each and have had noticeable results in both activities. Overall positive thinking on finishing a run or Metcon. Even finding myself more patient in my form that has lead to add a little weight to my PRs. I was interested the Oxyracetam being a stimulant,  after reading this thread. I'm gonna play with the dosing a bit but I can see myself including Oxyracetam or a similar nootropic in my preworkout stacks. 

1600mg Oxiracetam 

5g Beta Alanine

5g L-arginine 

400mg - Citicoline

200mg - Alpha GPC

Check out Pure Nootropics for high quality nootropics that have been third party tested. All order come with 30 day money back guarantee. 10% Discount for Bulletproof Members with coupon code "bulletproof10".

• I would be careful with "White Flood". Dave recommends to never supplement with Folic acid (Folate), which is in White Flood.

Folate(as Folic Acid)

125mcg

31%