Supplements?

Hi All,

I really need a clear outline of what supplements I should be taking, how much, and how often. I know that some doses will depend on me, like D3 for example, I can figure that out. I am just having some trouble finding a clear cut list of supplements within the BP blogs. They talk about supplements a lot, so I know they are important. I do the IF protocol daily. I need to know what supplements I need to take while doing the IF. There is a clear description of supplementation during the rapid fat loss protocol but not for IF or just plain old BP diet.

Does anyone have a good understanding of what to take, when and how much??

Comments

• I'd like to know this too... I take...no kidding...two fistfulls of vits. every morning and about eight vits at night. For the most part, these are individual vits. and I'd like to find some combined vits... maybe a GREAT multi- so that I don't have to take so many.

Also, I'd like to know... I've taken prozac for 6 years. I plan to get off it... have an appt. with my dr. to find the routine for reducing...but what should I take extra while on Prozac, what should I take afterwards to compensate for taking it that long? Any ideas?
  • I'm curious as well... but here's what I did today.

Wake - L-Glutathione

.5 hrs later with BP coffee (Nootropic, Fish Oil, D3, K2, NOW ADAM Multi-Vit, Glucosamine-Chondrotin-MSM, Magnesisum)

Afternoon meal - NOW Multi-Vit, Fish oil if grain-fed beef or chicken. GCM

Bed - ZMA with GABA and tribulus.

I also take a whey shake with creatine after my workout (barbell) or training session (mma.)

I've got the collagen upgrades self, which I have not used yet. I currently have some bone soup... but I am wondering the best time to use the collagen. Looking mainly to support joint health.
  • I personally try to stick to what I consider to be the basics:

5000 IU D3 in the morning

90mcg K2-7 every second day

3g Vit C spread throughout the day

400-600mg Magnesium Citrate mostly in the evening

1g Krill Oil half in morning half in evening

4g Fish Oil half in morning half in evening

50 mg Zinc on hard training days before bed.

3mg Melatonin every night.

Am experimenting with Calcium D Glucarate. I train often for sport so would appreciate if anyone thinks I am missing something.
  • I'm taking acetyl L-carnitine with L-alpha lipoic acid and I think it's doing me good. I take caffeine with green tea as a supplement. I like that .... anyone know about L-cysteine HCI.... I'm not sure if the last letter is an i or an l (L) ... it is a straight vertical. An line on the box . Anyone know what it does/is for?

Thank you image/icon_e_biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-D' />

Joli
  • Ok so this my current supplement schedule:

AM:

Upon waking:

2 tbsp. Collagen Peptide mixed with water and juice of 1 whole lemon

After/While drinking BP coffee:

1 capsule (1,000 mg) Vitamin C

1 capsule (2100 mcg) Super-K with advanced K-2 complex

1 capsule (648mg) Betaine HCI (also has 150 mg Pepsin)

1 capsule (1,000mg) Krill Oil

1 capsule (5,000 IU) Vitamin D3

Before workouts:

1 scoop IBCAA

In Afternoon Smoothie:

Upgraded Whey

1-2 tbsp Collagen Peptide

3 tbsp Coconut Colostrum

PM

1 capsule (1,000mg) Krill Oil

2 tsp (325mg) Natural Calm Magnesium Citrate (with this stuff, I am sleeping like a log and its way better than any time I used melatonin)

1 capsule (1,000mg) vitamin C

I also use L-glutathione, collagen peptide, and activated charcoal when I have a cheat meal to offset the affects, or when I am having trouble with digestion.

I am going to be adding Alpha Lipoic Acids and Glucosamine to help my knee pain (old injury).

• I personally try to stick to what I consider to be the basics:

5000 IU D3 in the morning

90mcg K2-7 every second day

3g Vit C spread throughout the day

400-600mg Magnesium Citrate mostly in the evening

1g Krill Oil half in morning half in evening

4g Fish Oil half in morning half in evening

50 mg Zinc on hard training days before bed.

3mg Melatonin every night.

Am experimenting with Calcium D Glucarate. I train often for sport so would appreciate if anyone thinks I am missing something.

I would suggest trying IBCAA before workouts, you can even sip on it during and/or take some after. I buy a good quality one from Nutrishop.

• I'm curious as well... but here's what I did today.

Wake - L-Glutathione

.5 hrs later with BP coffee (Nootropic, Fish Oil, D3, K2, NOW ADAM Multi-Vit, Glucosamine-Chondrotin-MSM, Magnesisum)

Afternoon meal - NOW Multi-Vit, Fish oil if grain-fed beef or chicken. GCM

Bed - ZMA with GABA and tribulus.

I also take a whey shake with creatine after my workout (barbell) or training session (mma.)

I've got the collagen upgrades self, which I have not used yet. I currently have some bone soup... but I am wondering the best time to use the collagen. Looking mainly to support joint health.

I like to take collagen in the morning on an empty stomach, but I also use it in smoothies and to help digestion if I have a cheat meal. The label on the collagen says it should be taken on an empty stomach but that it can also be taken with food for digestive purposes. Some people have a hard time taking it just in water, it doesn't dissolve well, and it has a funny smell/taste--I mix mine with about 6oz of water and the juice from one whole lemon. This does the trick for me and I can knock it back pretty quickly without much trouble:)
  • http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/12692-finding-a-functional-medicine-doctor/

Hi All,

I really need a clear outline of what supplements I should be taking, how much, and how often. I know that some doses will depend on me, like D3 for example, I can figure that out. I am just having some trouble finding a clear cut list of supplements within the BP blogs. They talk about supplements a lot, so I know they are important. I do the IF protocol daily. I need to know what supplements I need to take while doing the IF. There is a clear description of supplementation during the rapid fat loss protocol but not for IF or just plain old BP diet.

Does anyone have a good understanding of what to take, when and how much??

• Finding the right mix of what works for you is a long process.

Here is what my current intake looks like:

Wake 5:30am upgrade gluthione with water and 2g vit c

Make BP coffee with grass fed butter,MCT, scoop of collogen, dash of cinnamon, spoon of raw cocoa powder.

1200mg fish oil, D3 2000iu, chlorella 1000mg, life extention super k 2200iu, natures way choline and inositol 500/500mg

750mg aniracetam EoD(cycle out with adrafinil approx EoM)

1-2 hours after wake 750mg PEA

5-6 hours after BP coffee 300mg krill oil with 1000mg Klamath blue green algae

2-3 hours later lunch, 1040mg activated charcoal, 3000mg desiccated beef liver, 300mg krill oil, 5 fiber caps, 2g vit c

Prior to bed ZMA, spoon of raw honey. occasionally GABA.

There are a few supps I add and take time off from. Cissus root is one I like to help with joints and recovery from lifting heavy, e3live blue magic was excellent now swapped with Klamath, and branch chain aminos prior to and after lifting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file