Ufc 160 Predictions

Hey dickbags.... I figure why not talk some shit on this topic??

Firstly, I love how UFC.com is promoting the three Aussie fighters, that are all actually New Zealand born. 

Secondly, Cain is coming out STILL the champ. I'm backing Hunt to take JDS head off too. He'll eat a few and then clean up Junior. Te Hunt can do it too.

I'm not decided on the rest of the card. Maynard will probably take the win, maybe Cerrone too. 

No sorcery, just science. 

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Wow, in depth ;-)

Man up and tell us, who and how, each fight is gonna be won.

shit or get off the pot ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭
    Aussie loves doing that to NZ stuff, why not MMA fighters?
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Wow, in depth :wink:

Man up and tell us, who and how, each fight is gonna be won.

shit or get off the pot :wink:

I'm not the MMA expert, son ;)

Why don't you take lead? or do you like shitting on the white belts? haha

• I'm your huckleberry.  :D

tumblr_m9hd15iyjZ1rv5qp4o1_400.jpg

Cain Velasquez via second round TKO.  

Antonio Silva is a respectable fighter, and has surprised me before, but Cain is an elite heavyweight.  Bigfoot is on the slow side and does not run away, so it is just a matter of time before that gigantic chin target gets hit on the button and the lights go dim.  Referee will step in and stop it again.  Bigfoot has a BJJ reputation, but his fights seem to mostly be standing and banging. The only challenges to Cains belt are JDS and Cormier.  At -650 I will not be touching it betting-wise.  

Junior Dos Santos via unanimous decision.

Mark Hunt is one of my favorite fighters, but he's pushing 40 years old and is matched up against another one of my favorites.  JDS has such a speed advantage in both striking as well as movement that it will take a "lucky punch" (even though there really is no such thing as each punch has bad intentions) to get JDS wobbly and then it becomes a survival vs. predator scenario that I think JDS can weather.  Hunt has a warriors heart and a nice chin, so I think this goes the distance with Dos Santos winning every round.  Another lopsided spread at -400 that makes me stay away from betting on it, so I'll just be watching most likely.  May parlay both this and the above fight together for better odds.

Glover Teixeira via 1st round KO.

James Te Huna is more of an undercard fighter.  He's no tin can, but Tex has some serious upside and has not lost a fight since 2006.  Neither fighter has faced top level competition yet, but I think Teixeira is being groomed for a title shot, and Te Huna is a stepping stone.  -275 is a reasonable spread.  I may throw a few bones on Glover.

Grey Maynard via unanimous decision over T.J. Grant.

Maynard -210 is a bet I will be on top of.  He's a dominant fighter who lacked cardio vs. Frankie or he could be undefeated.  Maynard has won battle after battle with the best in his division, and TJ is not in his class IMO.  I don't think this one is close at all.

Knowing the fight game is always dangerous to bet on, as one small slip opening and the game changes on a dime.  I don't like taking all favorites, as upsets seem to happen on every card, but this is how I see it talent-wise.  Mark Hunt would be my call if I had to pick a surprise upset KO.

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • I'll take the safe route and say Cain comes out champ. As much as I would love to see a competitive fight, I just think that Cain is too good. I don't think it will be as dominant as their last fight, but I'll say 3rd round TKO for the champ.

JDS by UD (JDS is much too fast, I think he will fight carefully to avoid Hunt's massive power. I think Hunt can survive, but he's only got a puncher's chance IMO)

Glover KO round 2 (I love Te Huna because he's so damn tough, but Glover will be the better man)

Maynard by dominant UD. 

My Fitness and Nutrition Blog: http://JJStrength.com

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

Main Bouts (on Pay-Per-View):

-Cain Velasquez (11-1; #1 Heavyweight) vs. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva (18-4; #4 Heavyweight)

-Junior dos Santos (15-2; #2 Heavyweight) vs. Mark Hunt (9-7)

-Glover Teixeira (20-2; #7 Light Heavyweight) vs. James Te Huna  (16-5)

-Gray Maynard (11-1-1; #4 Lightweight) vs. T.J. Grant (20-5; #10 Lightweight)

-Donald Cerrone (19-5) vs. K.J. Noons (11-6)

Preliminary Bouts (on FX):

-Mike Pyle (24-8-1) vs. Rick Story (15-6)

-Dennis Bermudez (10-3) vs. Max Holloway (7-1)

-Colton Smith (6-1) vs. Robert Whittaker (11-2)

-Khabib Nurmagomedov (19-0; #9 Lightweight) vs. Abel Trujillo (10-4)

Preliminary Bouts (on Facebook):

-Stephen Thompson (6-1) vs. Nah-Shon Burrell (9-2)

-Brian Bowles (10-2) vs. George Roop (13-9-1)

-Jeremy Stephens (20-9) vs. Estevan Payan (14-3)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

I know you guys don't have much experience with Maori's (the native people of New Zealand), so let me drop a little knowledge haha

They were the most war-like of the polynesian people and they are as tough as they are aggressive. Hunt is going to eat everything JDS has, then drop him.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Let me borrow your crystal ball ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• bigduckkbigduckk MyFitnessPal- craigmac1991

I'm going with JDS on that one, Mark could KO him but I just think JDS will have superior movement and Hunt will struggle to lay a glove on him.

Let me borrow your crystal ball :wink:

I'll fight you for it.... oh... :oops:

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

You seen Stefan Sturve's fights? He throws you're theory out the window.

Lost to Roy Nelson and Mark Hunt!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

Couture v Sylvia

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

nice call. Reach is only good if you use it and the other guy doesn't use it again you. Jon Jones and anderson silva are great at fighting long and control distance, but then a lot of that is down to better footwork, not reach.

Syliva v Ray Mercer!

Frankie Edgar v Anyone!

Tyson v Anyone!

SPEED Kills

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

That's why I always backed Rashad Evans, until Jon Jones came along. He was the underdog against Rampage, but I put my money on him. Too fast! Beat him to the punch every time!

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Not quick enough to make up for Jones' massive reach (among other things) ;-)

I not quite a lot about the sport, but still get picks wrong a lot more than I think I would. Too many variables to pick winners consistently.

Did well at UFC159, but Jim Miller loss got me, then it got changed to a NC!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter