Brain Octane Oil? Focus? Mct In Other Recipes?

Hi folks, long-time listener, first-time caller... ;)

I'm interested in hearing from any of the Octane beta testers...(as well as others who use MCT oil in other recipes for cooking): how have the oils affected your ability to focus?  I get distracted pretty easily with the exciting work I do and so I'm always looking for natural supplements and practices to help me stay focused. "Squirrel!

Also, I sometimes feel like my body is saying, "dude, skip the butter and oil today..." so I do.  I'm a fan of listening to my body, but I'm curious: are there better (more quantitative) ways to evaluate how much oil is too much?

I'm also a little surprised that shipping one $30 bottle of Octane Oil to California is $16.  Anyone know if there are plans for cheaper delivery options?

Thanks for your time.

Walker

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭ ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

This boy's quick of the mark!

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-upgraded-brain-octane/

The first batch of Upgradedâ„¢ Octane Brain is shipping June 7th, 2013. Pre-order today and receive a 10% discount. Product refund available upon request.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• jpickett1968jpickett1968 Loving Life
    I'd love to hear from the Beta testers as well. Curious what add'l benefits they saw. To tweak the formula and get that much improvement is outstanding - but then again, would you need as much? Hmmm....
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

I called it! I said it would be either C8 or C10, depending which one was more "usable." I still doubt C10 is bad though!

And yeah, Jason is right. 

No sorcery, just science. 

• I can't express how excited I'am to eventually try this, although I'm sure I'll have to wait a long time, lol. Instantly I thought...."combining this with Upgraded MCT Oil." In regards to how much oil is too much, I believe that's entirely subjective. I believe that the limit is as much as you can take without feeling ill effects, especially with something this pure/strong. I'll look for the post, but Paul Jaminet has a piece on how coconut oil/Mct Oil is converted to ketones in the body, and I don't believe there would really be a limit... maybe a limit in a small time frame, but not over the course of a day. Many people who eat a ketogenic diet are at 0.5mml/l of ketones, whereas you can get much higher after fasting and certain types of exercise (over 3.0mml). I would imagine consuming these oils would just give you larger and larger surges of ketones and fatty acids, which in a ketogenic state (especially fully adapted) can be directly used by the mitochondria before being used for other uses. 

I'm thinking of using the quantified-mind software for the coffee experiment, but do it multiple times so I can quantify the differences, because I want to see if using this product alongside Upgraded Mct Oil would offer even more benefits. I still think it's important to consume a lot of coconut oil in whole form, though, because you can become deficient in the other fatty acids. 

http://equilibriohm.wordpress.com/

http://biohacksblog.com/

Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability. - Marcus Aurelius 

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

I am excited to try it out.

I wonder if this means we are going to have 16 x more newbies coming here saying BPC makes them shit all over themselves?  :D

• pmrtnzpmrtnz Peter Martinez

I am excited to try it out.

I wonder if this means we are going to have 16 x more newbies coming here saying BPC makes them shit all over themselves?  :D

LOL! We can only hope.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

From what I understand, pure C8 oil is available already but Dave has figured out a way to make it tasteless and not smell like stinky old goats.

You can get pure C8 oil capsules now if you want and pop them alongside your BPC.

Now I want to try the 'stinky old goats' version to see how bad it is.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Upgraded MCT is C8 and C10. So you're already getting C8 in your Upgraded MCT. And there's no hint of goat in Upgraded MCT either, so nothing new here, other than the C10 has been separated out. Not sure that's a good thing or bad?

See the price has jumped right up after an error from Dave.

$45.95 a bottle!

Gonna need to hear a few reviews before replacing the MCT oil.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

Less Than 24 Hours Left to Take Advantage of My Mistake!

Upgraded-Brain-Octane-Oil-email.170328.p

People have been scooping up a lot of the new Upgraded™ Brain Octane with pre-orders for the past two days. It’s amazing stuff – it takes 3 times as many coconuts to make it compared to our normal Upgraded MCT oil.

Slight problem. Because of a spreadsheet error I didn’t catch, I sent out an email offering it to you for almost exactly the same price as normal MCT ($30.60 a bottle including a nice 10% pre-order discount). The correct price is $45.95!

Here’s the deal. I made a promise to you that you could get Upgraded Brain Octane at a price lower than you’ll ever see again, so I’m going to honor that promise, even though I’m not particularly happy about it. I’m sorry I set your expectations wrong.

BUT…tonight (Saturday) at MIDNIGHT, Upgraded Brain Octane goes back to its correct price of $45.95. You have a little more than 12 hours to steal some Upgradedâ„¢ Brain Octane at the rate of $30.60 per bottle.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Can someone who is good at maths figure out how powerful C10 is compared to C8?

C8 = x, C10 = y, MCT = x + y, Octane = x, Octane = 3 MCT

Therefore:

x = 3(x+y)

x = 3x + 3y

x - 3x = 3y

-2x = 3y

x = -1.5y

Hmmm, that doesn't make sense :-D

• I've been using the Brain Octane oil for the past couple weeks in place of MCT Oil. I do notice increased alterness and concentration after bulletproof coffee -- more than I got with MCT oil. However, there is a definitely a tradeoff when it comes to taste. The Brain Octane has a subtle bitterness. It's not terrible, but I used to love the taste of bulletproof coffee, and with Brain Octane it's no longer enjoyable. Not sure yet whether the increased focus is worth it. I might go back to MCT oil and try a caprylic acid pill in the morning instead.

• RandyRandy
    The brain octane gave me a bad stomach ache. Not like your typical Mct oil, run to the bathroom problem you hear about. I never had that issue, but just a dull achy pain in my stomach. I tried half regular upgraded Mct and half brain octane and it was a lesser ache, but still there. Since then I've just switched back to regular upgraded Mct and have two neglected bottles of brain octane sitting on the shelf. Anyone else have this problem?

• I am excited to try it out.

LOL  I am new here   doing BPC for six weeks  never had that issue