Kamado Grill

By nothing shorter than an act of God, I realized with the summer approaching that my gas grill was going to need a replacement. A buddy of mine at CrossFit was talking about the Big Green Egg grill, but when I began my research, the steep price tag of $1100+ was a downer. The ability to smoke and cook food at various temps was an attractant - as was the usage of lump wood charcoal versus gas or the distant need for lighter fluid.<br>
My exhaustive search led to to another Kamado type grill called an Akorn by Char-Griller. The end results of my find led to me purchasing the Akorn for only $269. Yes the Big Green Egg has a lifetime warranty which no doubt drives up its cost, but I used my Akorn three times last weekend and love it.<br>
The features of this grill are great for meat eaters (and veggies too) since the ability to smoke the meats provides for new flavors aside from spices.<br><br>
Does anyone else use a Kamado style grill? How have you used yours?

Comments

• <p>These are the ceramic grills correct? There is one on sale at Costco and I ogle it like a half naked girl each time I go.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Is it amazing? Is it worth it? </p>
  • You are right. A kamado grill is a ceramic grill smoker. Actually, it has more differences but this one is the main. For instance, it's famous for its durability. Unfortunately, I haven't used it but after reading some reviews on the best kamado grills here I decided to get one. They are not that expensive, have many advantages. Testimonials are good and I understand it correctly. When I buy it and test enough I'll respond here. Hopefully, it'll be worth it.