Android Hrv Apps

Yo bitches, in a few months time I'll be looking to upgrade my phone. It's the only thing holding me back from buying the Inner Balance app. Do I stick with an iPhone or do I go android? I did some digging in the app stores and apparently some apps can use the phone camera to measure heart rate variability. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is also going to have a heart rate monitor that you can buy and sync with the S Health app. 

Does anyone have experience with HRV apps on Android?

Does anyone have an android phone and never realised that these apps exist? If so - DOWNLOAD ALL OF THE APPS NOW AND TRY IT, SON!!!

Peace out xxx ;)

No sorcery, just science. 

Comments

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

bump and would also like to know about sleep aps such as asleep and sleep cycle (for iphone) that are android friendly. i was thinking about getting an iphone just for these 2 sleep apps and an hrv app but if i can save money going  android that'd be awesome.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Yeah man, the new Samsung phones are just crazy how many features they pack in. Still doesn't seem as 'intuitive' as iOS, but they're upping the ante for sure. I'm keen to see how the Galaxy Note 3 looks in a couple of months. I played with a Note 2 in store and just thought "man, this makes the iPhone 4 feel like a kids toy..."

If the apps work, then I am going Android. I will probably go Android anyway... but who knows what the next iPhone will be like in a few months.

• Pierre EklundPierre Eklund pierre.eklund@gmail.com
    Some apps are better on the iphone some on android. I'm a tech nerd so I have both ;-)

I just downloaded 23andme's app on both os.
    Please email me instead of PM

pierre.eklund@gmail.com
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Any of the HRV apps on android work like an emWave?

• Nothing works as well as emWave.  They developed a system in the late eighties and use proprietary algorithms that set them above all others.  I am an android, but I will have to wait for the android release of the inner balance.  I do not care if the ghost of Steve Jobs haunts me.  Apples have too much patulin for me to use.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

stick with the iPhone. you know it makes sense ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

Android just seems to be stuffed full of stuff you're not going to use.

We've been talking about the two here:

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/4781-android-vs-iphone-katolotus-requested/

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• HeartMath are currently working on an Inner Balance Trainer sensor for Android, according to HeartMath.org it's release is planned for late 2013, although today I've been told that it will more likely be early next year.

The main reason for lack of Android support is because there is so much variety in device platforms that use Android, whereas there is only iPhone variants and iPad variants for iOS.

• I have an HTC EVO LTE and I use the SleepTime app, which is pretty cool. I just start up the app right before I go to bed, and place the phone, screen-side down on the bed next to me. The app uses my phone's motion sensors to determine when I am awake, in light sleep or deep sleep throughought the night. In the morning, it determines for how long, and when during the night that I've been in and out of the three states, and then gives me a 0-100% sleep quality rating.

I also use another app called Stress Check. It's an HRV app that uses the flash and camera on my phone to take my heartbeat. I'm not actually sure that this thing isn't just taking my hear-rate, and not my HRV. It definitely knows when my heart-rate is up, I'm just not entirely sure that it is taking my HRV, as well. Somewhere in the comment section on that app, I think I remember reading a nurse who simultaneously plugged herself into a real HRV machine at work, and used the app, and stated that they had pretty similar readings.

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

• The emWave is a hardware version of their emWavePC software product that uses a form of biofeedback to help you learn to breath and think your stress away. I don’t know about all of you, but I’m all for finding a way to alleviate some of my day to day stress.

• Nothing works as well as emWave.  They developed a system in the late eighties and use proprietary algorithms that set them above all others.  I am an android, but I will have to wait for the android release of the inner balance.  I do not care if the ghost of Steve Jobs haunts me.  Apples have too much patulin for me to use.

===================

Isn't patulin a mycotoxin formed from mold?

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013

Found a pretty good looking one for Android, called Stresslocator. Still being developed and beta tested currently.

http://www.stresslocator.com/app.html

Will jump into this because I have to postpone the Emwave plans and this looks pretty good.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• reka, that app looks really interesting.

Also, wondering how long it will take apps to pop up to just monitor HRV all the time now that many android wear watches are coming with heart rate monitors (i.e. the moto 360)

• ===================

Isn't patulin a mycotoxin formed from mold?

Yes and according to Wiki: "Most commonly found in rotting apples"  :grin: 

The emWave is a hardware version of their emWavePC software product that uses a form of biofeedback to help you learn to breath and think your stress away. I don’t know about all of you, but I’m all for finding a way to alleviate some of my day to day stress.

Kind of preaching to the choir here buddy  :smile:

• McTech0911McTech0911 RAW Grass Fed Protein Bars

The latest S5 update includes stress testing by HRV via the heart rate sensor on the phone. Does anyone know of any apps that utilize the new feature that works more like the emwave or Inner Balance? It currently just tells you your 'stress' level along a bar colored from green to red. It doesnt guide you in breathing to lower stress/increase HRV or anything like that.

RAW Grass Fed Protein Bars

Supplier of 100% Grass Fed Pasture Raised Whey Protein Bars

www.rawgrassfedproteinbars.com

• Seriously, is there ever going to be a hrv app for android? Looks like heartmath do not care, or are to worried about losing something if they release an android app. Really disappointing in heartmath specifically as they have said for the last 3 years that their android app is coming out "next year"....