Lunch Is Really Hard :(

Ok, I have been doing the Bulletproof diet, and am getting a little bored with my lack of creativity for lunch options? I am typically a eat go kind of luncher. Does anybody have any ideas or links I should check out.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• That's why I don't eat it! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Seriously though; somewhat depends on your macronutrient needs and goals. I sometimes just have 2-T of butter to carry me through to dinner. Or I'll chew on some leftover steak. Or 3-4 hardboiled eggs. Or a whey/oil smoothie.

The hardest thing is lunch outings at work. If its a nice restaurant I'll get some wild salmon grilled and some steamed veg with butter; otherwise I just do without or get a simple salad...or give it the old "I already ate" excuse.
  • I can't get by on just coffee and butter until dinner, I get hungry in the afternoon.  When I'm working at home I've been eating 3 eggs, some pastured bacon and some leftover salad.  I heard Dave say he steams some broccoli and throws it in the blender, but I haven't tried that yet, it seems like you'd need to add something else, but I can't remember where I heard him say that.

• I know chicken is a bit on the yellow side, but I flipping love chicken fajitas! However, you can always make them with grass-fed beef and other red meats... So delicious! Also... love seafood of ALL TYPES for lunch too! Popping open a can of sardines, salmon or mackerel is the easiest lunch out there, and quite tasty!

• I do BPC from breakfast till early afternoon, then rock food from mid-aft till evening. You can keep drinking BPC till 2pm.

That takes care of your lunch ;) BAM!

• I can't get by on just coffee and butter until dinner, I get hungry in the afternoon.  When I'm working at home I've been eating 3 eggs, some pastured bacon and some leftover salad.  I heard Dave say he steams some broccoli and throws it in the blender, but I haven't tried that yet, it seems like you'd need to add something else, but I can't remember where I heard him say that.

A lady asked how much time he spends cooking, he said breakfast; less than ten minutes (BPC), if he has lunch he steams veggies, blends them with butter and MCT-oil and for dinner whatever he said. :P

---

• Can't help. Eat the same everyday!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Like Kato I eat the same basic ingredients every day in a salad (tomato, avocado, broccoli(steamed 5min), grass fed beef(cooked at <350), with beef fat or olive oil.  I eat this combination as it is tasty and healthy.  But I change up the seasoning of it often or the salad dressing if you will.  One week it's tabasco sauce, one week it's sriracha, one week it's balsamic vinegar and jalapenos, one week it's scallions and salsa.  The point is I use big flavours that become the overall theme of the meal that I like.  There are many spices and fresh herbs that are wonderful and if you are ok experimenting every meal can be great and bulletproof.  Let's not forget that most workplaces only have a microwave so eating a salad becomes a way to avoid the thing.